PVE Updates – Doombringer Edition

• Thank you. I would actually dearly love to see the complete list of changes, but I really appreciate the fact that you guys took the time to talk to us about these ones, and for visiting the campaign as well. Much appreciated. :)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Bringing hard counter FRA opponents in line!!!!

More FRA gold!!!!

More az lewtz!!!!

More PvE cards!!!!

That resource!!!!

EVERYTHING!!!!

Fantastic update hexent! I am glad to see that that previous PvE thread I made has actually had some impact! I will make another one about a week into the set for some more feedback from the community! Thank you for this!!!!!!!
    • I'm really happy to see that there is quite a bit of new content being added to the game for PvE this patch, that's awesome.

Some quick questions about balancing for @HEXSirSleepy

Were any of the "explosive" starts that the AI can have addressed as well? Notably, those elites that start with cost reducing troops in play and can result in absolutely insane board states on the first or second turn? I know a lot of people have commented on that in the past, so I'm curious if that was addressed at all.

Also, any adjustments to the challenges?some of them, like the Might challenge that lets the AI start with Might Makes Right in play can lead to explosive starts sometimes as well.

Lastly, are the loot tables still skewed towards cards over equipment? Because some of the equipment is just stupidly rare and adding new rewards won't help that. Or are they intended to be that rare to generate AH activity?
    • KozHex wrote:

Also, any adjustments to the challenges?some of them, like the Might challenge that lets the AI start with Might Makes Right in play can lead to explosive starts sometimes as well.
      I think all they need is to TELL US the challenge before the match starts so we can evaluate our starting hand appropriately.

I don't think any of the challenges are bad inherently, they're just broken as a surprise.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Eraia wrote:

KozHex wrote:

I think all they need is to TELL US the challenge before the match starts so we can evaluate our starting hand appropriately.
      I don't think any of the challenges are bad inherently, they're just broken as a surprise.
      I asked for that when they first introduced these tougher challenges. While they are okay, and beatable, sometimes that Might challenge is over the top, especially if the AI starts with a troop in play. And I personally HATE the Closed Coffins challenge. It's obviously not unbeatable, but God is it ANNOYING
    • Morwath wrote:

Sooo, gold value gonna go down? I need to call Bankerbot.
      *Click Clack*

I have no way of knowing where the gold that flows through my coffers comes from, I'd be pretty shocked if the big sellers were getting it from arena. Obviously all gold ultimately had to originate at some PvE content, but the people actively farming pve for gold and selling to me probably are selling somewhere between 100 and 300 plat worth of gold a day to me. Meanwhile there are people selling the current max (240,000) gold to me on a nearly daily basis which I imagine largely comes from the auction house.

So while this may lower gold values there's several intervening steps between arena and the gold/plat ratio I advertise which may confound that expectation. But hey, place your bets on whichever side you want. I'm just the middle man, I don't care which direction it goes.
    • Nice changes. I'm really glad to see the more troublesome Frost Ring opponent's get a bit of a nerf. The only thing I don't like is this:

• Loot tables redistributed to increase chances of earning older cards, while still maintaining a high chance to earn the newest cards and equipment.

As a veteran player, I've already got way more of the older cards than I could ever use. I know it's not fair to newer players to make them hard to get, but I do wish there was a way to make older cards drop less frequently if you've done lots of Frost Ring runs.
    • KozHex wrote:

I asked for that when they first introduced these tougher challenges. While they are okay, and beatable, sometimes that Might challenge is over the top, especially if the AI starts with a troop in play. And I personally HATE the Closed Coffins challenge. It's obviously not unbeatable, but God is it ANNOYING
      Ya... it's been asked for by a few people. It really just makes sense, given how strong some of the challenges are.

And ya, one of my main arena decks is a deathcry focused deck, so closed coffins is just maddening sometimes heh

• I love almost everything about this post! Very small criticism - Eurig "We targeted four of the least challenging opponents and tuned up their difficulty a fair bit." Eurig was one of the opponents who would win before you had removal. Not sure what the changes are, if they give him more midgame/lategame viability at the cost of his early game then I'm all for it.

That being said - I'm Certain the new loots, and broader variety of strategies that aren't hard countered throughout the arena will more than make up for it, everyone working over there is doing a great job with "balancing" PvE, thanks for the informative update on changes to come and #RevertTheSlaughtergears!

NicholasIV(Artifaction)
    • Artifaction wrote:

I love almost everything about this post! Very small criticism - Eurig "We targeted four of the least challenging opponents and tuned up their difficulty a fair bit." Eurig was one of the opponents who would win before you had removal. Not sure what the changes are, if they give him more midgame/lategame viability at the cost of his early game then I'm all for it.
      Really? I never had problems with Eurig. Huh.