CARD DESIGN CONTEST: March 3rd, 2018 - March 10th, 2018

• Zyblen wrote:

Okay. You guys made me do this.
      @BroomBot Forgive me.

Zoom Boom Doom Broom Bot
      Cost: 5
      Rare Artifact, Troop - Robot Unique
      Deckbuilding - You cannot include any troop with a different name in your deck.
      Deckbuilding - You may include any number of Sweep Aways or Broomballs in your deck.
      When you would summon a Broom Bot, you may instead summon a copy of this. Broom Bots you control get [SPEED] and [STEADFAST] .
      While you control another artifact, this gets [SPELLSHIELD] .
      While you control three artifacts, this gets [EXHAUST] : Deal 3 damage to target opposing troop or champion.
      While you control five artifacts, this gets [INVINCIBLE] and Unblockable.
      When you play a card with "Broom" or "Sweep" in its name, this gets+1 [ATTACK] /+1 [DEFENSE] .
      4 [ATTACK] /4 [DEFENSE]
      *BEEP BOOP* FILTH.

Inspiration: Typos and "What would happen if @BroomBot decided that Slaughtergear, Renegade War Factory HAD THE RIGHT IDEA?"
      Why does it allow you to summon a copy of a unique troop? Maybe summon a replica of this instead?
    • Name: Smooze
      Cost: X
      Threshold Requirement:
      Type: Troop - Smooze
      Faction: Neutral
      Rarity: Legendary
      Deckbuilding - You cannot include any card that can permanently become a troop in your collection in your deck.
      Deckbuilding - You must include 34 Smooze Ingredients for each Smooze you build your deck with.
      Abilities: Start with 3 random witches in play for each card with the "Deckbuilding - You cannot include any troop with a different name in your deck." restriction that you built your deck with.
      When you play this the base stats become X * [BLOOD] thresholds you have.
      When this causes a card that isn't Smooze or a Smooze Ingredient to enter a zone that isn't yours, a hand, or in play by any means than transform that card into a replica of this than shuffle it into your deck.
      ? /?
      Favor Text: Not again. - Grundle King

Smooze Ingredients are over 200 different constants, artifacts, and resources with a respective ability that powered up your champion in different ways while in your deck and all your Smooze in the respective mirror way while in your void. They all have Void This at cost 0 while in hand. Playing them uses its respective Deploy ability. Otherwise they shouldn't give do anything else in base form in any zone.
    • Name: Undying Moss
      Cost: 9 [BLOOD] [WILD]
      Type: Troop - Zombie Plant

SOCKETABLE MAJOR
      SOCKETABLE MINOR
      This has +1 [ATTACK] /+1 [DEFENSE] for each Undying Moss in your deck.
      (1) Put this from your hand or crypt into your deck -> This gets costs -(1). Draw a card.
      Then this put into your deck from any zone, create a copy of this and put into your deck.
      3 [ATTACK] / 3 [DEFENSE]

The post was edited 5 times, last by MtgCollector ().

• A reminder for the constraints:

HaughtyHeretic wrote:

The troop is able to produce copies of itself.
      The theme is that the troop creates an army of itself and that entire army shares the same name.
      For extra clarity, Masterdon fits this criteria because it transforms other troops into itself.
      If your submission does not fit the constraint, you are more than welcome to edit.
      Final reviews and results will be Sunday afternoon.
    • HaughtyHeretic wrote:

A reminder for the constraints:

HaughtyHeretic wrote:

The troop is able to produce copies of itself.
      The theme is that the troop creates an army of itself and that entire army shares the same name.For extra clarity, Masterdon fits this criteria because it transforms other troops into itself.
      If your submission does not fit the constraint, you are more than welcome to edit.
      Final reviews and results will be Sunday afternoon.
      Ah. I missed that requirement and just focused on the deckbuilding requirement.

So here is a new submission that better meets the requirements of the contest. It has the deckbuilding requirement, it makes copies, and the copies boost themselves in someway. It's a little wordy for my liking, but hopefully the theme is clear of a host of angels swooping in at the last minute to save the day.

Legion of the New Dawn
      5 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]
      Quick Troop - Angel
      -----------
      Flight, Defensive

[ONESHOT] Deploy - Summon a copy of this for each opposing attacking troop.

This has +1 [ATTACK] / +1 [DEFENSE] for each other angel you control.

[DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] : After attackers are declared, if you have less than 5 health, put this from your deck into your hand. If this enters your hand in this way, this loses Defensive.

Deckbuilding - You cannot include any troops with a different name in your deck.

-----------
      1 [ATTACK] / 1 [DEFENSE]

• Arcanyx wrote:

Ah. I missed that requirement and just focused on the deckbuilding requirement.
      ya I missed it for mine too, but I'm too tired to come up with another submission so I'll just leave my idea in all its glory where it is, and proudly stand my ground as I lose horribly due to missing the goal ;)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • 1 - Mr. Bubbles
      [SAPPHIRE]
      TROOP - Elemental - Legendary

Flight

When this is dealt damage summon 2 copies of this.
      Deckbuilding: You cannot include any troops with a different name in your deck.

1 [ATTACK] 1 [DEFENSE]

"Pop, pop, pop, pop..." - Mr. Bubbles

The idea behind this card is that as long as it gets hit, he can make a huge army. You can even target him with your own spells to summon copies. The way to deal with him are either cards that void him or kill the troop instantly or cards that just lower his stats. This way there is balance and the card is not too overpowered.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!

The post was edited 1 time, last by AxelDWater: Forgot the card's stats. ().

• AxelDWater wrote:

1 - Mr. Bubbles
      [SAPPHIRE]

Flight

The idea behind this card is that as long as it gets hit, he can make a huge army. You can even target him with your own spells to summon copies. The way to deal with him are either cards that void him or kill the troop instantly or cards that just lower his stats. This way there is balance and the card is not too overpowered.
      Legendary? Copy? ....
    • MtgCollector wrote:

AxelDWater wrote:

1 - Mr. Bubbles
      [SAPPHIRE]

Flight

Legendary? Copy? ....
      Note that legendary is a rarity in Hex.
      The equivalent to MtGs legendary is unique in Hex
    • @Lunavi Mina, Solitary Witch of Mirror Fountain
      The immediate deployment at the start of the game makes for a really solid deck that can be built around it. I like how she is able to escalate her powers through decreasing the cost of actions and makes it potential for crazy control archetypes.

@Karot The Mad Chomper
      Now I want breakfast. Just like breakfast, The Mad Chomper is quick, simple, well made, and filling (for your board).

@CastleAnthrax Archis, Dread Tinkerer
      The card itself is very well balanced utilizing replication as opposed to copying. By using dwarven replication, I can see having multiple uniquely named dwarves on the battle ground escalating each other's power.

@nqumyf Soldier of the Burning Cinder
      Just like Army of the Arcane Cinder, but I see it based in a sapphire-ruby deck. Just like fire, the card's ferocity rises and rises.

@Zyblen Slaughtergear's Deconstructor
      Oh boy, Slaughtergear's minions are at it again. Overall a very simple and effective troop to use in order to overwhelm your opponent. Its empowering ability has a really nice touch by identifying each variation of itself with a random or several random boons as well as varying [ATTACK] and [DEFENSE] .

@Maotegin Head of the Hydra
      Really nice concept of a hydra. I can it working very well with a blightbark action deck, but its major weakness is the "This can't block." Without the use of deathcry triggering cards, your opponent can just choose to not block or kill the 1/1 hydra in a PvP match. For Pve though, it would work fine with the legendary equipment.

@SlayerStronghold Sea's Mirror
      The troop does not seem strong enough, especially when needing tri-shard to deploy it. If the deploy power affected all Sea's Mirror in all zones, I could see it working out, but its current word structure makes it seem like it only applies to currently in play Sea's Mirrors. At a 1 [DEFENSE] , it will crumble in the early to aggro decks and 1 cost removal actions.

@Shylba Fly Lord
      Very unique mechanic as an alternative to Vennen spider eggs. Rather than summoning tiny spiders to deal damage, instead you get useless banes of Fly Broodlings who feed off your resources without killing the pool like parasites.

@Eraia Broomputer
      >>Initiate FileCleaning.exe
      A fun idea with the robot janitor.

@Firellius Tick
      I don't have time for that troop name I am so sorry. Punny name for a time warping bug. Really strong take on a time and zone dictated troop which can create an infestation, especially when a dozen of them are dead in the crypt generating acceleration counters....*shutters*

@Olfff George, the Terraformer
      It can create a decent self sustaining army, but it's unfortunately not an army of Georges. :(

@Zyblen Zoom Boom Doom Broom Bot
      .....I-I.....I think you just created god.

@invinible Smooze
      It's an interesting concept, but the ingredients would be too complex and deter players who do not know much about it. Also, that " X * [BLOOD] " is incredibly powerful when paired with [WILD] ramping.

@MtgCollector Undying Moss
      A really neat idea for a troop whose summoning method is through self milling and discarding. I can see a lot of potential using it when combined with sapphire rummaging.

@Arcanyx Legion of the New Dawn
      A must have for any control deck with diamonds. I can see this mainly used for burn decks or even paired with reversion and retreat return cards establish a solid defense.

@AxelDWater Mr.Bubbles
      Mr.Bubbles is hungry for [DEFENSE] empowering actions and he wants them now. If not dealt with quickly, one big bubble will be a brutal bruiser with brothers to beat you up.

[INVINCIBLE] Winners [INVINCIBLE]
      Display Spoiler

1st:
      @Shylba Fly Lord
      For the Swarm...oh wait wrong universe. I just really love how it infests opposing decks and causes temporary damage to their resource pool rather than harming the opponent themselves. It creates a slowly growing infestation all the whilst the creator's actions and constants whittle away at the enemy's health. Not only that, but the maggots dying upon deployment also triggers body count cards like Dormant One and Insidious Exchange to establish an alternative army.

2nd:
      @CastleAnthrax Archis, Dread Tinkerer
      I love how well thought out the card was with using replication to balance it out. As one dies, another takes it place, but all power progress on it is lost. The army of Archis never ends, though its power may reset.

Thank you all for participating!