[SET 9 SPOILER] BAB

• [SET 9 SPOILER] BAB

Nothing too fancy at the moment but enjoy the spoiler in the meanwhile!

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/XGVOBQN.png]

Rebirth is a One-Shot Deathcry power that puts the troop from the crypt into play.

This means that Rebirth is a reimagining of the One-Shot power we’ve seen on cards like Elder of Lost Ages and Forlorn Soldier in the past. The one difference is that Rebirth is dependent on the troop being in your crypt when it triggers, meaning that Lord Blightbark won’t trigger your troop’s Rebirth abilities.
    • Holy crap.

That's a lovely card. Basically has to be killed twice in a single turn to be killed... or voided.

Probably won't be constructed viable(well maybe with all the discardy stuff)... but will absolutely be a limited bomb.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

Your opponent deals with it on the first turn it's played and it never gets to use any ability. And not hard to deal with that 4 health. At least that's how I read it.
      Right, it doesn't get rebirth until your next turn. So it is weak to being removed immediately, but if it survives until the next round it is much more hardy. Probably a bit too slow and not really strong enough to be a constructed bomb, but it might be fine if undead and plants continue to get some buffs.

Your opponent deals with it on the first turn it's played and it never gets to use any ability. And not hard to deal with that 4 health. At least that's how I read it.
      Constructed, ya. Limited - if the opponent has sufficient removal/cards to deal with anything you've played before turn 5 and still have removal available to deal with what you play on turn 5... he's probably in pretty good shape anyways ;)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Beatstick that keeps on beating. Seems good to me. Yeah, it dies to removal, but it doesn't die to combat, and 6 is respectable damage. Survives board wipes, too. I wouldn't mind spending five mana on a durable threat, but it also won't pull you out of the hole if you're behind. Best paired with other strong control cards.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented

I would say if you can afford to play that on turn 5 in limited YOU are probably doing pretty well anyway. :) Seems like a really bad win more card even there. But, seeing as I have zero limited experience in Hex, I'll reserve judgement :)
      For draft maybe (depends how fast the new format is) but evo/sealed go to board stall a lot and this is a pretty good board stall breaker.

I would say if you can afford to play that on turn 5 in limited YOU are probably doing pretty well anyway. :) Seems like a really bad win more card even there. But, seeing as I have zero limited experience in Hex, I'll reserve judgement :)
      I mean, playing a big troop is often what happens on turn 5... so I dunno if that's necessarily accurate... but we'll see.

• Artic wrote:

JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

For draft maybe (depends how fast the new format is) but evo/sealed go to board stall a lot and this is a pretty good board stall breaker.
      Ok I might be 100% wrong. My very limited ..... limited experience is with Hearthstone Arena. And there you don't stall and minions hardly ever stick. So feel free to ignore my opinion as it probably is poorly informed at best.

Artic wrote:

JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

Ok I might be 100% wrong. My very limited ..... limited experience is with Hearthstone Arena. And there you don't stall and minions hardly ever stick. So feel free to ignore my opinion as it probably is poorly informed at best.
      Limited in Hex is way different than Limited in Hearthstone to be honest. For one, the game isn't decided turn 2 and cards can stick as the opponent does not decide what they attack which really changes combat mechanics.
    • If you want a Hearthstone equivalent, imagine "When this is damaged by a minion, resummon it."
      You're either going to have a spell to deal with it, or it's going to terrorize you with 6-damage attacks until you find one.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Lunavi wrote:

JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

Artic wrote:

JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

Limited in Hex is way different than Limited in Hearthstone to be honest. For one, the game isn't decided turn 2 and cards can stick as the opponent does not decide what they attack which really changes combat mechanics.
      Wait, you had a game wait to be decided until turn 2? What are you drafting Wallet Warrior??

Lunavi wrote:

JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

Artic wrote:

JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

Wait, you had a game wait to be decided until turn 2? What are you drafting Wallet Warrior??
      No, I missed my 2 drop and my opponent had one.