Here Comes the Doom

• Utremeld wrote:

Traxym wrote:

My primary concern, and the concern of a lot of others with this new set and the current standard meta:

Blood is in a place that it feels oppressive and miserable to play against. I know everything can't be revealed all at once, but I honestly just wanna know is anything being done to address this? My hand being mind-rotted away everygame with zero chance to respond is just a miserable play experience
      Is that a real thing that happens? I've never seen it on the ladder
      ladder is far more casual in terms of deck building, in tournament play thought (bash/plunder/etc) its extremely prevalent, and by far the most miserable thing to play against atm
    • Traxym wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

Traxym wrote:

My primary concern, and the concern of a lot of others with this new set and the current standard meta:

Blood is in a place that it feels oppressive and miserable to play against. I know everything can't be revealed all at once, but I honestly just wanna know is anything being done to address this? My hand being mind-rotted away everygame with zero chance to respond is just a miserable play experience
      Is that a real thing that happens? I've never seen it on the ladder
      ladder is far more casual in terms of deck building, in tournament play thought (bash/plunder/etc) its extremely prevalent, and by far the most miserable thing to play against atm
      We'll have to wait and see what this set brings, but I fear that, outside of banning cards, we're just going to have to wait for rotation. Printing cards that directly address this problem runs the risk of swinging the pendulum too far in the other direction and is a clumsy solution anyway.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

Good, having a use for all those Evo created trash cards will be nice.
      We were talking about the possibility of PvE cards with Fusion earnable from the FRA. Perhaps now that you know the topic you'd like to add something relevant to it?
      And he was writing that his overflow of Evo created trash cards will be useful if FRA will give reward fusion cards. if thee were 11 Fusion cards in the normal set and 2 in the FRA that would be 88 in-set cards he would need to use to create all FRA Fusion troops.

I doubt that, though, because that would require 22 different arts only to add 2 rewards to the FRA.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • They have not mastered it yet there is no tape.. its all in the tape!

I was very excited but mildly worried about fusion once i realized it was a permanent change. Now i know its only commons and uncommons and as such i am insanely excited for it with 0% worry. You hex guys are one crazy bunch and i love you all... except Jared because hes too Jared for my taste.
    • The spoilers so far look awesome! I'm digging the new mechanics much more than the ones released in the previous set, so i'll be doing an evo run here and there again if the core commons are indeed enough to make reasonable 2-shard decks. Also many thanks to you guys that addressed the FRA and i'm looking forward to the changes!
    • Blackwood wrote:

I do hope that HXE hasn't missed the opportunity with this set to give the Merry Caravan a Rowdy Rowdy Piper card. It can be a pied piper and everything.

Or Rowdy Rod ‘n’ Piper.

“Spare the rod, spoil the wild.”
      “The pipe begins the dance. The rod maintains it.”
      “In the Merry Caravan, frivolity is strictly enforced.”
      “’The beatings will continue until whimsy improves!’”
    • What about collecters??

If there are 10 monsteres with fusion then different 100 monsters can be made.
      To get 4 copies of each of the 100 combined monsters cost 80 copies of each card uncombined cards.
      To get 80 copies of an uncommon cardfs take a lot of boosters...

It seem it will be a lot harder to get a full set.
    • Opalia wrote:

What about collecters??

If there are 10 monsteres with fusion then different 100 monsters can be made.
      To get 4 copies of each of the 100 combined monsters cost 80 copies of each card uncombined cards.
      To get 80 copies of an uncommon cardfs take a lot of boosters...

It seem it will be a lot harder to get a full set.
      realistically these cards won't be selling for much, could easily buy them, i can't imagine any combo selling for more than 100 plat.
    • Long-time no-post (also no-play), but spoiler season brings me back. :)

Just wanted to chime in, at high level:

1. Huzzah for FRA re-balance! I'd happily revisit, if it becomes less arduous/more susceptible to thematic decks.

2. I really hope that this set (and inevitably the the companion one) marks peak Dark Fantasy-ness - I'm finding it quite off-putting now.
      > Cult of the Nameless City = peak of the peak!
      > Enders = slight step below they are so very very odd.
      > Blightbark = icky plant-zombies & now non-attractive vampires.
      > The Pack = roided out monstrous mk.II.
      > Luminaries = torture-emo makeover.
      |
      |
      |
      > Merry Caravan = joyful whackiness.

Art quality is of course top-notch, but I think the balance of visuals has gone a bit too far in one direction when the totty hope for the set rests with the undead showing up maybe looking a bit more "un" & sans eviscerated cadavers. :rolleyes:
      Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

The post was edited 1 time, last by Corvus ().