A super good budget Standard deck

• A super good budget Standard deck

G'day Floobers!

We all know Candles are a very good option when on a low budget. I figured I'd share another strong option that is great for Constructed/Ladder and it should also be good for attacking Keeps in Siege mode. The deck can easily be purchased for under 1k plat and can be upgraded nicely for a bit more. Without further ado, here is this list:

CHAMPION: RUNECARVER DARCON

RESOURCES
      4 Diamond Ice
      4 Sapphire Ice
      8 Sapphire Shards
      2 Diamond Shards
      4 Shard of Purpose

ACTIONS
      4 Mindcall
      4 Guidance
      3 Wrath of Elements
      3 Unhenge
      2 Evaporate
      4 Heart's Whisper
      4 Weave into Nothing
      2 Consult the Talon

TROOPS
      4 Arcanovex
      4 Woolly Moa

CONSTANTS
      4 Hailstorm [ MAIN WIN CON ]

Above is the budget version. If you're willing to spend a bit more platinum you can add in:

1 Psychic Ascension (replace evaporate)
      1 Runebind (replace evaporate)
      2 Wax Sacrament (replace 2 diamond shards)
      4 Well of Purpose (replace 4 shard of purpose)

A video showing it in action can be seen here (has since been updated ever so slightly):

RESERVE CONSIDERATIONS

Angel of Attonement - good option against candles
      Confounding Ire
      Verdict of the Ancient Kings
      Dark Heart
      Eldurathan's Glory
      Runebind

Enjoy!

HAVOC

P.S - Mindcall onto Whisper + Charge Power = good times! :)

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon

The post was edited 2 times, last by HAVOC ().

• SlayerStronghold wrote:

Interesting. I would like to see two spellstorm titan in the reserves as an alternate wincon.
      Not to be rude but I don't really see the point, the deck creates boat loads of fliers as it is :)

When looking for alt win cons, I personally like to do something completely different from the primary, this way opponents have more things they need answers for and will potentially have less or no answers for some of your win conditions.

In the case of this deck, it has mass fliers + psychic ascension. So if they opponent gets rid of your hailstorms, you have a nice fallback by ascending and flooding the board that way.

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • Cheap alternate wincons (~100p) can be: Bowie Starlight, Lixil, Heartsworn , or Alchemite.
      Bowie Starlight is double body threat, which can generate us insane card advantage when opponent can't deal with it quickly, but dies easily to removal.
      Lixil, Heartsworn is good at Vampire hunting and she usualy laughs at point removal like ( Herofall or Strangle ).
      Alchemite can be played early vs decks that lack spot removal post reserves, generates card advantage every turn and dodges any removal, including mass.
    • HAVOC wrote:

SlayerStronghold wrote:

Interesting. I would like to see two spellstorm titan in the reserves as an alternate wincon.
      Not to be rude but I don't really see the point, the deck creates boat loads of fliers as it is :)
      When looking for alt win cons, I personally like to do something completely different from the primary, this way opponents have more things they need answers for and will potentially have less or no answers for some of your win conditions.

In the case of this deck, it has mass fliers + psychic ascension. So if they opponent gets rid of your hailstorms, you have a nice fallback by ascending and flooding the board that way.
      The point would be for when your hailstorm gets hit by ItU. Then again, Halt would be a reasonable reserves card against that.
      In addition there's always Withering gaze that could steal them, so in theory it would marginally improve your game against blood and sapphire matchups. 2DH 2 EG 2SST would be part of my reserves.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri