Icecon's Boglam combo deck

• Icecon's Boglam combo deck

Icecon's deck, posted on Reddit, thought I'd repost it here for visibility, with his permission of course.

hexpvptools.net/deck/3581254

I've run this on ladder for some time now and have a 25-13 record with it despite it being in a very rough draft for much of that run. The 2 drop slot and the mindcall is still up for some tweaking. The deck is also quite affordable, you can certainly swap out runebinds for more cremates, evaporates, or halts.
      It has a good matchup vs the DW momentum decks, and pretty much any non-interactive deck that isn't overly aggressive. It can beat control, although it has a far better time with sapphire control where it can defend the combo than vs blood that is more likely to make you discard a lot early.
      Disclaimer: This is not a tier one deck and I do not advise you play it vs the horde of Mono Blood and RS Sockets you'll probably run into in tournaments. It is, however, quite amusing and certainly good enough for ladder. Because it is fairly unknown and appears to be RS Sockets, folks will often let you combo without any fuss. Enjoy!

Unquote

A few more notes about the deck: -The sabretooths are non-negotiable because they are removal that cannot be withering gazed/countered and do not proc Shamrock. They are notably, however, horrible vs Lyvaanth, which can be ok since I have yet to see a Lyvaanth left to block. -Scrounged cremates are fantastic for making extra titans, the quenchs pretty much always die and you can even theorize away a spare troop to get the scrounge if you need. -Because having multiple instances of combo pieces is not what you tend to want, the theorizes give the deck a lot of consistency even if the change courses would be better from an early-turn control standpoint, allowing you to hold up counters etc. Both of them tend to get trimmed a bit for more tailored sideboard cards though. -Beware of Wise Magistrates...they will make the Communion whiff as the Titans/Boglam will become overcosted, so you'll have to deal with it. The Boglam might seem cute but having the 5th wincon in deck is very important. -A lot of times folks will let the quench hit face because they feel like they are the aggressor or don't want to trade their nice momentum troop etc, which puts charge gain on the Titan allowing double banner use and guaranteeing at least 20 power on the titans. -Vs RD candles it's important to play a lot of counters early to buy time, they tend to have little way to interact with the combo. -The one-ofs are there because they improve the deck but you never want two copies of them, if extraneous, you can pitch them with theorize.

Unquote

Original thread: reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/7…_for_a_fun_combootk_deck/