PVE Card Updates – Siege Launch Patch

• Grakor wrote:

AxelDWater wrote:

Firstly, that was not a polite choice of words.
      Pardon me? I call an argument ridiculous...not you, but an argument, and you feel the need to call me out on it like I flamed you or something? I'm not even sure how to react to that, save that I find it far more impolite than anything I said.
      No need to continue this. Excuse me if I misunderstood. :)
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Wow, Overwhelming support for this. Thanks Guys. Between 3 of you, I already have 120,000 gold filling the coffers, and at least 10 legendary and 10 rares to give away besides by own.

Thank you. Here is a teaser screen - spread the word - Trying to keep this up while sick.

[Blocked Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401832164712382474/417441013909553152/unknown.png]

Spread the word to new players to hunt for: Rebma
      With their rock decks

(Whoops didn't mean to post that here, but I'll leave it)

The post was edited 1 time, last by NicoSharp ().

• NicoSharp wrote:

Wow, Overwhelming support for this. Thanks Guys. Between 3 of you, I already have 120,000 gold filling the coffers, and at least 10 legendary and 10 rares to give away besides by own.

Thank you. Here is a teaser screen - spread the word - Trying to keep this up while sick.

[Blocked Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401832164712382474/417441013909553152/unknown.png]

Spread the word to new players to hunt for: Rebma
      With their rock decks

(Whoops didn't mean to post that here, but I'll leave it)
      Don't listen to him attack with paper its a rock defense you can't lose its a flawless plan!
    • I made 9 decks for siege defense and rotated / tweaked them while keeping defenses up as frequently / long as I could over the weekend, but I think I've already burned out on trying; without fail, every single defense defeat was either choired candles or lady avalanche momentum--where I posted all-in burn decks, over the top cleric or plant troop gimmick decks or yeti spaghetti, etc. I tried to keep it fun, i tried to keep it interesting, but the faster things dropped (as folks already foresaw, albeit not so much from a 'shark' perspective in my opinion) I started throwing more and more beefiness into the AI's hands... to absolutely no avail with its ability to play even the most rudimentary of setups.

Eventually I caved to try to just make a scary deck full of the nastiest troops and removal I could muster, bristling with vampire kings and killipedes and kills and the like, but nothing for it. Whew.

I think I'm going to wait for some sort of AI update pass before I engage with siege defense again.
    • Grakor wrote:

It did occur to me, I just gave the developers the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't the case. After all, choosing to balance around a deck that was known to be OP and needing of a nerf long before FRA 2.0 came out would make me have even less confidence in them, not more. But if you don't want me to give them the benefit of that doubt...
      It's a bad situation either way. That's why horrendously OP things are such a problem and why things like terrormill(and slaughtergears although I won't go too far into that) needed to be nerfed.

Developers are put into the situation of either a) Allowing all their hard work to be completely trivialized by something broken or b) designing it to be so obscenely difficult that those decks are the only ones that have a chance.

Both are bad decisions...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Blackwood wrote:

I made 9 decks for siege defense and rotated / tweaked them while keeping defenses up as frequently / long as I could over the weekend, but I think I've already burned out on trying; without fail, every single defense defeat was either choired candles or lady avalanche momentum--where I posted all-in burn decks, over the top cleric or plant troop gimmick decks or yeti spaghetti, etc. I tried to keep it fun, i tried to keep it interesting, but the faster things dropped (as folks already foresaw, albeit not so much from a 'shark' perspective in my opinion) I started throwing more and more beefiness into the AI's hands... to absolutely no avail with its ability to play even the most rudimentary of setups.

Eventually I caved to try to just make a scary deck full of the nastiest troops and removal I could muster, bristling with vampire kings and killipedes and kills and the like, but nothing for it. Whew.

I think I'm going to wait for some sort of AI update pass before I engage with siege defense again.
      There are some decks that are hard for the AI to mess up too badly. As I expected, mono ruby aggro running the Minotaur pirates and yeti's is pretty powerful and can easily get a wim against most decks just because it's so fast and hard for the AI to mess up too much since playing pretty much anything in any order results in doing damage
    • @Dinotropia I noticed yesterday that there was a change at Forgotten Triolith's text. Is there a reason that this nerf wasn't mentioned in the article?
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

• Equipment: From "discard three cards from your hand, play this for free" to "discard three other cards...."

• KozHex wrote:

Well... That was probably needed. Still, they should have listed it on the patch notes.
      No disagreement here. My only concern is the that things like this could lead to bad player experience. Imagine a player who reads the article and sees no change on Triolith and thinks,"ok,since there is no nerf, I am going to invest on this card" and buys a playset. Then comes the patch and BAM, he sees the card nerfed. How would that player feel? Moves like this may give to the wrong people incentive to throw salt and I hate it when Hex gives the right to people to throw salt. :) :P I know I am being foolish, but I love this game and I want to see it thrive.

• AxelDWater wrote:

KozHex wrote:

Well... That was probably needed. Still, they should have listed it on the patch notes.
      No disagreement here. My only concern is the that things like this could lead to bad player experience. Imagine a player who reads the article and sees no change on Triolith and thinks,"ok,since there is no nerf, I am going to invest on this card" and buys a playset. Then comes the patch and BAM, he sees the card nerfed. How would that player feel? Moves like this may give to the wrong people incentive to throw salt and I hate it when Hex gives the right to people to throw salt. :) :P I know I am being foolish, but I love this game and I want to see it thrive.
      No you are absolutely correct the card was changed in how it plays this is a "nerf" regardless of intent but also one i was very much telling them they should do for a long time it was just dumb that it could discard it self.