Card Design Contest Jan.29 - Feb. 5

• In second place, I liked the Tempo mechanic from @Firellius. I really like the idea of having a permanent on the board that changes each turn, affecting a slew of other cards. There is a WHOLE lot of design space with that, since in one respect, something like Tranquil Seedheart basically has Tempo. It might be interesting to design a whole contest around what might be done with Tempo.

In first place, @Eraia with the Fourth. The Fourth represents a very literal interpretation of something being affected by the passage of time. I was a little worried when asked about the game clock, but this design seems interesting since it is not a strict upgrade over time. In the early minutes, it's champion direct damage while later on it's a board wipe. In addition, there is the possibility of all sorts of hijinks with power and toughness boosting. And lastly, you can't go wrong with puns....

So Eraia, you have won the game.

The next contest is yours to create.

(Prizes will go out in a day or two, dependent on the next time I am able to log in to Hex.)
    • Arcanyx wrote:

In second place, I liked the Tempo mechanic from @Firellius. I really like the idea of having a permanent on the board that changes each turn, affecting a slew of other cards. There is a WHOLE lot of design space with that, since in one respect, something like Tranquil Seedheart basically has Tempo. It might be interesting to design a whole contest around what might be done with Tempo.

In first place, @Eraia with the Fourth. The Fourth represents a very literal interpretation of something being affected by the passage of time. I was a little worried when asked about the game clock, but this design seems interesting since it is not a strict upgrade over time. In the early minutes, it's champion direct damage while later on it's a board wipe. In addition, there is the possibility of all sorts of hijinks with power and toughness boosting. And lastly, you can't go wrong with puns....

So Eraia, you have won the game.

The next contest is yours to create.

(Prizes will go out in a day or two, dependent on the next time I am able to log in to Hex.)
      Thank you so much!!

But good things aren't supposed to happen when you break the fourth wall.... ;)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Firellius wrote:

Thanks for hosting, @Arcanyx!

@Eraia, will you be hosting the next one?
      Yep! Just... need to think of one. Should be able to get it going by tomorrow at the latest, just have a sick family member to care for so not sure when I'll have time to figure all the details out.

New contest is live!! Card Design Contest - February 7th - February 15th, 2018
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().