Undead Plant deck

• Undead Plant deck

good afternoon everyone

I am creating a deck in immortal format, I am a beginner, and I would like your feedback before I go buying the platinum..rsrsrs

champion:
      Plagueroot the Hollow

creature:
      4x Blightbush
      4x Blightseed Fiddler
      4x Baroness Floriana
      3x Verdant Wyldeboar
      3x Blightbark Burster
      3x Herald of Thorns
      3x Wrathwood Master Moss
      2x Grounds Creeper
      1x Herald of Roses

magics:
      4x Oakhenge Ceremony
      3x Call the Grave
      2x Gruesome Deed
      2x Kill

resources: 22
      10x wild
      9x blood
      3x Well of Ancients

Thank :)
    • Hey! Welcome to Hex!

Generally a great source to look up decklists is here:

hexpvptools.net

in History -> immortal tournaments you for example find the last immortal tournament

hexpvptools.net/tournament/1128622937

This will give you an overview of the current meta.

To be honest, your deck will probably have a hard time in immortal. As a new player you might want to have a standard format first to grind the ladder and get ladder rewards.

Check this link

jeffhoogland.com/2016/06/budget-hex-constructed-decks/

for budget decks, from there you can build up to a more competitive deck.

Hope this helps you out ;)

edit: note that there is a watch and ban list:

hextcg.com/de/watch-ban-list-updates-1-08-18/
    • This is probably a deck that looks like fun on paper, but playing against what people bring to tournaments, it will turn out not to be powerful enough (my opinion!)

Why do you want to put your plat on an immortal deck? Right now it would be better to invest in a standard deck, because you can play more tournaments and ladder with it. Whereas Immortal is two or three times a week, though there is an immortal queue, but without rewards.

I don´t want to tell you what to do with your money, but if i were a new player, i would buy a budget ladder deck and go from there. On ladder you see what people are actually playing and can decide from that where you wanna go from there.
    • Giorgioneb wrote:

But why do you think the deck would have problem in immortal?
      A lot of the immortal decks are built on obscenely strong win conditions(things that likely would've been considered broken or oppressive if they'd been present together in standard). While your deck is interesting, it wouldn't really stand up against the crazy crap people do in immortal...

That being said, while I doubt that plant deck would be top tier, a Standard deck of that sort using Lord Blightbark and maybe Promiscuous Succubus in stead of Wyldeboar/Master Moss might work pretty well for ladder.

Things like Dream's End might do you a fair bit of good too.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Eraia ().

• ok, I understood your point, is that at the time I was creating the deck, I saw that there is immortal and standard, but I realized that the standard is only valid for a certain period, then the cards are no longer valid, I was afraid ' lose 'this money.

In the case of Standard which is what you are recommending, do I already buy a deck built for this format?
    • Giorgioneb wrote:

ok, I understood your point, is that at the time I was creating the deck, I saw that there is immortal and standard, but I realized that the standard is only valid for a certain period, then the cards are no longer valid, I was afraid ' lose 'this money.

In the case of Standard which is what you are recommending, do I already buy a deck built for this format?
      Makes sense.

I mean, it depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to reach cosmic for the rewards in the fastest/cheapest way possible... buy a budget candle deck. It's definitely your best bet.

If your goal is to take something you like anyways and make it work in ladder so you can have fun and win sometimes... then build what you want. I don't think there's any reason a plant deck can't do okay. It won't get you into the upper echelons of the CCS, but I don't see why it wouldn't function for ladder if you had a few different wincons.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Giorgioneb wrote:

ok, I understood your point, is that at the time I was creating the deck, I saw that there is immortal and standard, but I realized that the standard is only valid for a certain period, then the cards are no longer valid, I was afraid ' lose 'this money.

That is a logical way to think about it, but the current problem is that Immortal is not supported enough. You will be able to play in the weekly Immortal tournament. The Immortal queue is pretty much empty. I hope one day they bring gautlet back for Immortal.

Standard might rotate, but you have alot of free tournaments to play in so you'll have more fun. :)
    • Hi

My honest feedback would be that the deck would not be really strong in immortal. There are very good monowild variations that were in standard from previous sets.

There are also better blood wild decks. Check existing immortal lists to get an idea. Currently plants don't do well in standard and is not really a consideration for immortal