Card Design Contest Jan. 21 - Jan 28.

• Card Design Contest Jan. 21 - Jan 28.

So, what about giving Aurora(the primal of hope) and her avatars some love?

------------------------------------
      Rules:

Only 1 rule: The effect must relate to (an) Avatar(s) of Hope in some way or it must be an avatar of hope itself. Crads will be judged on balance and flavor.

------------------------------------
      Prizes:

1st :- 10 DoW boosters

2nd :- 5 DoW boosters

3rd :- 2 DoW boosters
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • Final Hope
      4 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]
      Rare Quick Action
      Play this only when you have no troops in your hand or deck.
      Revert and transform all troops in your graveyard into Angels. Put them into play under your control. They get [SPEED] and "At the end of your turn, sacrifice this."
      "A spark of hope is enough." - Aurora, Primal of Hope

"The match is struck. A blazing star is born!" - The Narrator

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zyblen ().

• Dawnbreaker

[DIAMOND] 1
      action rare
      search your deck for a trial of fatih and play it for free it get "at the beginning of each turn, check the top seven card of your deck, if angel of dawn is amongst them you may play it for free."
      "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

Celestial Dawn
      [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] 4
      rare Unique
      Constant
      When you play a diamond troop Illuminate 1
      When a diamond troop enter play under your control, it becomes an Avatar of hope in addition to it's other traits.
      "All those whom answer the calling of the dawn, become the Avatar of Hope"

Calling of the Dawn
      [DIAMOND] 2
      uncommon
      action
      you may put a troop from a crypt into your hand, its threshold become [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] , and it becomes an avatar of hope in addition to it's other traits
      "Those that fell in battle, may now return with white cloak"
    • Hope for tomorrow
      4(3 diamond)
      Constant

Randomly choose between "Troop", "Action" or "Resource", when your oponent draws the chosen type of card, sacrifice this.
      Your hit points cannot fall below 1 while this is in play.

Hope for a miracle
      2(2 diamond)
      Constant

When a troop enters the void, add a hope counter to this.
      [BASIC] => Remove X hope counters, search the void for a card with cost X and put it into play under your control.

^ Why yes, I like diamond constants, what gave you that idea :D
    • Karot wrote:

Hope for tomorrow
      4(3 diamond)
      Constant

Randomly choose between "Troop", "Action" or "Resource", when your oponent draws the chosen type of card, sacrifice this.
      Your hit points cannot fall below 1 while this is in play.

Hope for a miracle
      2(2 diamond)
      Constant

When a troop enters the void, add a hope counter to this.
      [BASIC] => Remove X hope counters, search the void for a card with cost X and put it into play under your control.

^ Why yes, I like diamond constants, what gave you that idea :D
      those are nice but I don't see how they relate to any Avatar of justice see:

ReluxTheRelux wrote:

Rules:

Only 1 rule: The effect must relate to (an) Avatar(s) of Hope in some way or it must be an avatar of hope itself. Crads will be judged on balance and flavor.
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • Angel of Grace
      Mythic Rare
      Troop-Avatar of Hope
      [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] 4
      Flying steadfast
      3 [ATTACK] 4 [DEFENSE]
      If you control Angel of Dawn and Angel of Grace, you have [SPELLSHIELD] and [INVINCIBLE] .
      [ONESHOT] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] When Angel of Dawn enters the battlefield, if this is in your graveyard, put this on top of your deck.

"When a spark of hope appears. The darkness of despair diminishes." Aurora, The Primal of Hope
    • Way too many diamond cards... Let's get inspired by Demon of Dusk and how it relates to the Avatars of Hope

Ritual of the Umbra Apocalypse
      Constant

At the start of your turn, summon a Death Chant. If you control 4 or more Death Chants, you win the game.

At the end of your turn, each opponent summons a random Avatar of Hope troop.

The Host of Aurora fights to stop the ritual that will bring eternal night.

• Name: Selfimprovement Cycle
      Cost: 3
      Threshold Requirement: [DIAMOND]
      Type: Constant
      Rarity: Uncommon
      Ability: Your Angels have create a random Avatar of Hope during the user's ready phase and put it in the user's deck.
      Favor Text: I thought you said that there was only 1 of her. - Lixil
    • Boreal

D/S

Cost 5

Troop - Unique avatar of hope

Defensive, flight

Once per turn, when you or one of your troops would take damage, you can discard a card with cost equal or less than the damage to prevent it.

Once per turn, when you gain health, draw a card.

3/6

" The hyperborean shamans have their own view of Aurora, the Primal of Hope, and worship the statue of a giant sculpted in the glacial mountains by countless storms, said to show the way to wanderers lost in the merciless blizzard. "
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • Last of the Host

14 [DIAMOND] [BLOOD]
      Unique Troop - Avatar of Hope

For every Angel, Avatar of Hope, or Herald of Hope in your crypt, this has cost -2 while in your hand.

Deploy: Void all Angels, Avatars of Hope, and Heralds of Hope in your crypt. For each card voided this way, you gain 2 health and this gets +1/+1 and a random Boon.

If you control more than 1 Angel, Avatar of Hope, or Herald of Hope, sacrifice this.

[SPELLSHIELD]
      1 [ATTACK] /1 [DEFENSE]

"Even when it seems all hope is lost and darkness reigns, a final spark can arise from that darkness to be our salvation." - Aurora
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• Conviction of Aurora

5 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]
      Unique Constant

Deploy - Remove all conviction counters on this constant. All friendly troops gain [SKYGUARD] .

If your opponent controls equal or more troops than you, all opposing troops gain +2 [ATTACK] .
      Whenever a friendly troop has blocked an opposing troop and survived, add one conviction counter to this.
      When there are 5 or more conviction counters on this card, sacrifice it and summon 5 random avatars of hope.
    • Last Hope
      4 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]
      Unique Constant

This enters play with 1 Glimmer Counter, as long as this has a Glimmer Counter you have Invincible. If this has no Glimmer Counters, bury your deck.
      [BASIC] [EXHAUST] Destroy a troop or constant you control, add Glimmer Counters to this equal to the discarded cards [DIAMOND] threshold.

Deckbuilding - Deck must include at least 10 non - [DIAMOND] thresholds.

The last bit of it matters the most.

---

Blood of Aurora
      2 [BLOOD] [DIAMOND]
      Artifact

Sacrifice target non-Avatar troop you control, if you cannot destroy this.

[BASIC] [EXHAUST] Target Avatar gets +1/+1 and a Boon, bury cards from your deck until you bury a non-Avatar.
      [BASIC] [EXHAUST] Transform target Angel you control into a random Avatar with cost +1, bury cards from your deck until you bury a non-Avatar.
      [BASIC] [EXHAUST] Transform target Demon you control into a random Angel with cost +1, bury cards from your deck until you bury a non-Avatar.

Can't imagine what you plan on doing with the blood of a Primal but I can promise you it won't cooperate without a fight.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Utremeld ().

• Zyblen wrote:

Final Hope
      4 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]
      Rare Quick Action
      Play this only when you have no troops in your hand or deck.
      Revert and transform all troops in your graveyard into Angels. Put them into play under your control. They get "At the end of your turn, sacrifice this."
      "A spark of hope is enough." - Aurora, Primal of Hope

"The match is struck. A blazing star is born!" - The Narrator
      Sorry to interrupt here but I think you should add "they get speed" because of you use the action during your turn it's kinda pointless, cause you won't be able to attack. Unless of course it is meant to be used only at your opponent's turn. :)
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • AxelDWater wrote:

Sorry to interrupt here but I think you should add "they get speed" because of you use the action during your turn it's kinda pointless, cause you won't be able to attack. Unless of course it is meant to be used only at your opponent's turn. :)
      Good catch! I agree. I intended it to be a set of surprise blockers on the opponent's turn, with the angels carrying over for your (presumably final) turn. You make a great point about using it on your own turn, and I agree with the alteration to ensure that, if used on your turn, the angels can be used. Edited.

I even thought about the play with diamond and the availability to recover all of your troops, then Reversion (revert) the ones you wished to have back to normal on your turn.
    • Utremeld wrote:

Last Hope
      4 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]
      Unique Constant

This enters play with 1 Glimmer Counter, as long as this has a Glimmer Counter you have Invincible. If this has no Glimmer Counters, bury your deck.
      [BASIC] [EXHAUST] Destroy a troop or constant you control, add Glimmer Counters to this equal to the discarded cards [DIAMOND] threshold.

---

Blood of Aurora
      2 [BLOOD] [DIAMOND]
      Artifact

[BASIC] [EXHAUST] Target Avatar gets +1/+1 and a Boon, bury cards from your deck until you bury a non-Avatar.
      [BASIC] [EXHAUST] Transform target Angel you control into a random Avatar with cost +1, bury cards from your deck until you bury a non-Avatar.
      [BASIC] [EXHAUST] Transform target Demon you control into a random Angel with cost +1, bury cards from your deck until you bury a non-Avatar.

Can't imagine what you plan on doing with the blood of a Primal but I can promise you it won't cooperate without a fight.
      Two questions.

1) Can Last Hope ever lose Glimmer Counters? Otherwise you remain invincible without ever needing to use the activated ability to gain more counters.

2) Is the "Sacrifice a non-Avatar troop you control or else sacrifice this." a Deploy ability, or something that happens every turn, like at the end of your turn?
    • Arcanyx wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

Last Hope
      4 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]
      Unique Constant

---

Blood of Aurora
      2 [BLOOD] [DIAMOND]
      Artifact

Two questions.
      1) Can Last Hope ever lose Glimmer Counters? Otherwise you remain invincible without ever needing to use the activated ability to gain more counters.

2) Is the "Sacrifice a non-Avatar troop you control or else sacrifice this." a Deploy ability, or something that happens every turn, like at the end of your turn?
      Wow thats super obvious in hindsight, thats what I get for AM posting...

Display Spoiler

Last Hope
      4 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]
      Unique Constant

Deploy - Add 1 Glimmer Counter to this.
      As long as this has a Glimmer Counter you have Invincible. At the end of each turn remove a Glimmer Counter from this, if you cannot bury your deck.

Display Spoiler

Blood of Aurora
      2 [BLOOD] [DIAMOND]
      Artifact

Deploy - Sacrifice target non-Avatar troop you control, if you cannot destroy this.

• I'm with Arcanyx here - pushing for more color variety.

I love how Demon of Dusk offers your opponent hope (which you're trying to quickly quash), so I'm honoring him with a two more enemies of hope (and their associated party-crashers).

Marut
      5 [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE]
      Quick Troop - Avatar of Inevitability
      You may play Marut for free if an opposing champion's lifetotal is higher than it started.
      At the start of each opposing champion's turn, create a Celestial of Dusk for that champion and put it into their deck.
      6/6

Your time has come. You can no longer cheat death.

Celestial of Dusk
      7 [BLOOD] [DIAMOND]
      Troop - Avatar of Hope
      Steadfast
      Prevent all damage that would be dealt to this by sapphire Avatars.
      When you draw this, if an opposing champion has a sapphire Avatar in any zone, play this for free.
      6/6
      A healer's heart is eternal, let me shepherd you home.

Fires of Anger
      5 [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY]
      Troop - Avatar of Rage
      Rage 6
      At the start of each opposing champion's turn, create a Celestial of Calm for that champion and put it into their deck.
      6/6
      "There is no way to sate rage. By trying, it grows ever stronger." - Celestial of Calm

Celestial of Calm
      7 [SAPPHIRE] [DIAMOND]
      Troop - Avatar of Hope
      Whenever this is blocking or blocked, revert all blocking or blocked troops.
      When you draw this, if an opposing champion has a ruby Avatar in any zone, play this for free.
      6/7
      You must separates yourself from petty concerns to truly see the order that governs our world.
    • Utremeld wrote:

Destroy a troop or constant you control, add Glimmer Counters to this equal to the discarded cards threshold
      Are we destroying or discarding? And... if destroying a troop we control, would not sacrifice work better? Or was it intentional that an invincible troop or constant essentially render this card's counters infinite?
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.