My totally awesome ideas for Siege mode

    • My totally awesome ideas for Siege mode

      G'day Hexers! :thumbup:

      I wanted to share some ideas I had for siege mode with the community and developers. Please feel free to comment or share your own ideas!


      1 - Hidden Challenges with Rewards

      Let the players (defenders) select from a list of preset (can constantly update the presets as more are programmed over time) conditions that offer up a specific reward if that condition is met, even if you fail to take down the keep. These conditions would be hidden to challenges of the keep, they would only be alerted that there are unique challenge rewards and can see what they are.

      Once the reward(s) are claimed it would be marked as so. As the reward is unique, no one else can then win it once claimed.

      For example, I may set a unique reward for each of my 3 decks, they might be things like a card or a play set of cards, mercenaries, anything that can be traded really.

      You would have to make it fairly dynamic so that you could combine various presets (to prevent people from just trying all possible options). I imagine some sort of interface with several drop down boxes with the ability to set AND, OR separators and the like.

      Some examples of conditions that you would be able to then build could be things like:

      Win via non-combat damage, maybe even make it a specific damage amount
      Win with X copies of Y card in deck
      Win with X health remaining
      Transform X cards
      Have X card left in deck upon victory or defeat
      etc


      2 - Hex Entertainment Monthly Unique Keeps

      I think this would be awesome for Hex Ent to do... Unique monthly keeps that have a specific theme as well as unique rewards (could even outsource the deck designing to the community, I'd happily volunteer). Since Hex Ent would be implementing these, they could also put secret challenges in there like mentioned above.

      Here is some examples of some Unique keeps to give you an idea of what I mean:


      Princess Cory's Tower
      5 Battles, Starts with a Holiday in Play
      Theme: Holidays
      Prize - Sleeve with Princess Cory's head on a spike
      Set entry fee
      X total sleeves to be won


      Dinotropia's Utopia
      4 Battles, Champions have 50% more starting health
      Theme: Dinosaurs (duh!)
      Prize - Sleeve with lots of dead dinosaurs
      Set entry fee
      X total sleeves to be won


      Boner Island
      8=D Battles
      Theme: Skeletons/Entities/Cocks!
      Prize: floobs
      Set entry fee
      X floobs to be won


      Stoll's Trolls
      10 Battles TROLOLOLO
      Theme: Trolls / Trolling
      Prize: super duper awesomeness
      Set entry fee
      X prizes to be won


      3 - Keep Upgrades

      As players Defeat or Defend keeps, they earn experience and just like the skill trees we have for characters in the campaign we would have 2 skill trees that players can invest points into for the keep defense. Would probably make sense to have separate leveling based on if you got the experience for attacking or defending.

      Skill tree 1: Defense

      Various starting skills to select from with branching tree just like campaign trees

      Reinforce Walls: +4 starting life ...
      Guard: Start with a random 1 cost troop in play, it has defensive

      Skill tree 2: Offense

      Similar to above but a slightly different focus






      Let me know what you think :)

      Cheers

      HAVOC

      Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon

      The post was edited 8 times, last by HAVOC ().

    • HAVOC wrote:

      These conditions would be hidden to challenges of the keep
      For this to work it'd have to be a very limited number of preset conditions. How would one go about finding what challenge is in effect?


      HAVOC wrote:

      Unique monthly keeps that have a specific theme as well as unique rewards
      I'm guessing these would be HXE-set Keeps? Otherwise you'd only have people win-trading. Also the rewards must be very carefully picked because, if I get it right, they're gonna be numerous. And you can't make an alternate art card in the hundreds or thousands exciting.
    • Vroengard wrote:

      HAVOC wrote:

      These conditions would be hidden to challenges of the keep
      For this to work it'd have to be a very limited number of preset conditions. How would one go about finding what challenge is in effect?


      HAVOC wrote:

      Unique monthly keeps that have a specific theme as well as unique rewards
      I'm guessing these would be HXE-set Keeps? Otherwise you'd only have people win-trading. Also the rewards must be very carefully picked because, if I get it right, they're gonna be numerous. And you can't make an alternate art card in the hundreds or thousands exciting.
      1. It incentives trying new things

      2. win trading? huh? I'm confused

      Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • HAVOC wrote:

      2. win trading? huh? I'm confused

      HAVOC wrote:

      Princess Cory's Tower
      5 Battles, Starts with a Holiday in Play
      Theme: Holidays
      Prize - Sleeve with Princess Cory's head on a spike
      Set entry fee
      X total sleeves to be won
      Rest of the deck is 60 shards and I tell my buddy to immediately SIege the Keep the second I publish it.

      HAVOC wrote:

      Dinotropia's Utopia
      4 Battles, Champions have 50% more starting health
      Theme: Dinosaurs (duh!)
      Prize - Sleeve with lots of dead dinosaurs
      Set entry fee
      X total sleeves to be won
      1st battle is a deck full of Wild dinosaurs and Blood shards. 2nd battle is decck full of dinosaurs and Diamond shards. 3rd Battle is a deck full of dinosaursa and Ruby shards. 4th battle is a deck full of dinosaurs and Sapphire shards. And I tell my buddy to siege it the moment I publish it.

      You get the idea.
    • @Vroengard

      HAVOC wrote:

      I think this would be awesome for Hex Ent to do... Unique monthly keeps that have a specific theme as well as unique rewards (could even outsource the deck designing to the community, I'd happily volunteer). Since Hex Ent would be implementing these, they could also put secret challenges in there like mentioned above.
      I'd say there's no potential for win-trading in that proposal.
    • TheGreatCulling wrote:

      @Vroengard

      HAVOC wrote:

      I think this would be awesome for Hex Ent to do... Unique monthly keeps that have a specific theme as well as unique rewards (could even outsource the deck designing to the community, I'd happily volunteer). Since Hex Ent would be implementing these, they could also put secret challenges in there like mentioned above.
      I'd say there's no potential for win-trading in that proposal.
      I'd say you came after the Edit. Also the "outsourcing" part is what made me go down that path.