Best Standard Format Ever

• Best Standard Format Ever

Hex team, I just wanted to thank you for the recent champ nerfs.

I haven't had this much fun with a standard format since ever. The complete lack of aggro and constant attempts to out durdle each other appeals to me on levels I didn't know existed. Who knew that playing against random piles greed could be so interesting! My matches have hit a record average length of over 30 minutes and that's great because I get to play more Hex.

The 3 months until the next set release cannot come slow enough! Make this last forever!
    • Mattmanhex wrote:

Hex team, I just wanted to thank you for the recent champ nerfs.

I haven't had this much fun with a standard format since ever. The complete lack of aggro and constant attempts to out durdle each other appeals to me on levels I didn't know existed. Who knew that playing against random piles greed could be so interesting! My matches have hit a record average length of over 30 minutes and that's great because I get to play more Hex.

The 3 months until the next set release cannot come slow enough! Make this last forever!
      Stop breaking my sarcasm detector.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I especially liked how they "fixed" Furiko by making her cost 1 whole charge more, then went immediately to a Kismet format with 95 different ways to gain charges on top of the wild-shard-playing cards set 8 already introduced. That was a masterstroke in balance. ;)
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

I especially liked how they "fixed" Furiko by making her cost 1 whole charge more, then went immediately to a Kismet format with 95 different ways to gain charges on top of the wild-shard-playing cards set 8 already introduced. That was a masterstroke in balance. ;)
      ... Furiko isn't that good. It's performed at a consistently underwhelming level in draft.
    • Angmar wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

I especially liked how they "fixed" Furiko by making her cost 1 whole charge more, then went immediately to a Kismet format with 95 different ways to gain charges on top of the wild-shard-playing cards set 8 already introduced. That was a masterstroke in balance. ;)
      ... Furiko isn't that good. It's performed at a consistently underwhelming level in draft.
      Does the data show that it is being picked a lot? Cause bad decks are still likely to lose with it... either way I honestly don't know why a champion that buffs ALL troops needs to exist. If we look at pharamedes, she costs 5 for a +2+2 on 1 troop...

The change I'd like to see to Furiko is limiting the number of troops it effects. Making it buff 3 to 4 troops at maximum would be a good change imo.

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • HAVOC wrote:

Angmar wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Does the data show that it is being picked a lot? Cause bad decks are still likely to lose with it... either way I honestly don't know why a champion that buffs ALL troops needs to exist. If we look at pharamedes, she costs 5 for a +2+2 on 1 troop...
      The change I'd like to see to Furiko is limiting the number of troops it effects. Making it buff 3 to 4 troops at maximum would be a good change imo.
      It was easily the most used champ in 8-8-7.
      hexpvptools.net/limited/archet…ions_sort_ascending=false

Agreed that plenty of bad decks tried to force it as a win condition. Once I realized how easy it was to counter I stopped playing with it and my own win rate went up considerably.

Edit: In the current format I've used Furiko once. There are just a million better options.
    • aggro is set up to fail. the champion HP and reserves options and gems are mostly anti-aggro
      many of the midrange decks play offense just as well, except they have better cards. also their main deck is accidentally configured to shit all over aggro by default, so there's that too