Friday Update - Ohhh Yeaah!

• So happy to see this. It really has the potential to be a game changer for Hex. If players play the crap out of this as they should and it starts generating some profit and hence can fuel updates, this will roll into an unstoppable killer feature. I mean the amount of stuff they can add on top of this base is insane and each addition will make the mode even better. Very glad to have it even in its current version as its 1000x better than any FRA or AZ update they could have released in terms of replayability. Hooray, today's a great day for Hex and its future!
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

sadly yes, sub them in after you are ready to launch the keep

you have NO idea how much engineering went into those damn acorns... everything about the spectral oak was painful
      Was the pain quadrupled because you all originally intended to have every_single_card tracked as a unique item? If so, then yeah, I kinda get it. That's a nightmare. Not to mention the whole, combine 3 squirrels back into an acorn thing that was kicking around.

HEXCoryJones wrote:

I don't understand these comments
      I meant there's some really easy stuff that people have been asking for that haven't amounted to much, meanwhile, we get a crazy complex system that we're basically going to be doing the testing on.

Here's the thing, I don't actually have a problem with that. I like the idea of throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks (that was not used as a denigration to the keeps thing, just in general I like experimentation). But there's proven value-adds and formats that are still missing and aren't huge hurdles in development. Like "foils" in packs, a base version of comic coins, my aforementioned AA basic resources in Kismet packs, edh.
    • Defense: Invests in a hoard, Gains plat/gold each time it is attacked, win or lose you get 20% of your hoard (40% is the entry, you get 50% of that so thats 20% of the hoard)

Attacker: Pays 40% of hoard to attack, gains hoard if you win.

Question: What happens to the Hoard if you concede?

Since its a accumulation of your initial amount + what others have attacked, what happens if i decide to remove my keep like the article says its possible?
    • Portensio wrote:

Defense: Invests in a hoard, Gains plat/gold each time it is attacked, win or lose you get 20% of your hoard (40% is the entry, you get 50% of that so thats 20% of the hoard)

Since its a accumulation of your initial amount + what others have attacked, what happens if i decide to remove my keep like the article says its possible?
      Not sure if I understand your question @Portensio. The Defender can withdraw a keep, but not while an attacker is challenging it. While a keep is being attacked it is locked.

An attacker could theoretically concede, but they pay the fee to attack the keep. A concession would count as a loss for the attacker. What is the scenario you are confused by?
    • schild wrote:

I meant there's some really easy stuff that people have been asking for that haven't amounted to much, meanwhile, we get a crazy complex system that we're basically going to be doing the testing on.

Here's the thing, I don't actually have a problem with that. I like the idea of throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks (that was not used as a denigration to the keeps thing, just in general I like experimentation). But there's proven value-adds and formats that are still missing and aren't huge hurdles in development. Like "foils" in packs, a base version of comic coins, my aforementioned AA basic resources in Kismet packs, edh.
      Just because something is easy to implement doesn't mean it's a good idea to implement.

They may have considered all the ideas you mentioned and decided that none would be good for the game right now.

Dinotropia wrote:

Not sure if I understand your question @Portensio. The Defender can withdraw a keep, but not while an attacker is challenging it. While a keep is being attacked it is locked.
      I think @Portensio is asking what happens to the Hoard when the defender withdraws.
    • so in the example from the articel:

To recap, we’ll give you an example of an opponent with a 1000 Gold defense.
      Attackers will pay a fee of 400 Gold:
      • Your opponent will claim 200 of this Gold.
      • Your opponent’s hoard will increase by 150 Gold (New hoard amount will be 1150).
      • 50 Gold is melted down for the war effort.

How much is the fee the second time this hoard is attacked (when the hoard amount is 1150)?
      Is it still the 400 from the beginning or does it scale?
    • Mach wrote:

schild wrote:

Just because something is easy to implement doesn't mean it's a good idea to implement.
      They may have considered all the ideas you mentioned and decided that none would be good for the game right now.
      Forgive me for wanting to hear that from the design team.
    • @Dinotropia @HEXCoryJones and @Anyonewhoknows

Following from official Twitter: twitter.com/HexTCG/status/951891763375075328

HEXTCG wrote:

Yes! [PS4 players] will be able to attack. Defending is something they won't have access to at first as this requires PvE cards / equipment.
      This does not read correct with the announcement. In the announcement it does not say that a minimum of x PvP cards, y PvE cards and z Equipment is required for a Keep defence deck. We should be allowed to use 60 PvP cards and 0 equipment, same as we are allowed to use 30 PvP, 30 PvE and 8 equipment or 65 PvP, 12 PvE and 3 equipment decks, right?
    • Vroengard wrote:

@Dinotropia @HEXCoryJones and @Anyonewhoknows

Following from official Twitter: twitter.com/HexTCG/status/951891763375075328

HEXTCG wrote:

Yes! [PS4 players] will be able to attack. Defending is something they won't have access to at first as this requires PvE cards / equipment.
      This does not read correct with the announcement. In the announcement it does not say that a minimum of x PvP cards, y PvE cards and z Equipment is required for a Keep defence deck. We should be allowed to use 60 PvP cards and 0 equipment, same as we are allowed to use 30 PvP, 30 PvE and 8 equipment or 65 PvP, 12 PvE and 3 equipment decks, right?
      My understanding is that the backend for PvE and PvP stuff is different. This means it is not quite so simple to say that a PS4 player could just make a Defense without PvE cards/equipment. The last word I received was that PS4 players will have access to attack but will not have access to the defense options at first. If this changes, we will be sure to let you know.
    • Mach wrote:

Dinotropia wrote:

I think @Portensio is asking what happens to the Hoard when the defender withdraws.
      A defender who withdraws will get their hoard back. However, while your hoard is down, you can't have people attacking it (and failing, muah ha ha ha!) to earn you currency. I suspect there will eventually be a balance that is reached in the community between putting up smaller defense gauntlets and then taking the larger ones down when they start getting fewer challenges, that player wants to brew something new, etc.

Edit: Ninja'd! You should be called "Sneaky," not "Sleepy"
    • Portensio wrote:

Defense: Invests in a hoard, Gains plat/gold each time it is attacked, win or lose you get 20% of your hoard (40% is the entry, you get 50% of that so thats 20% of the hoard)

If you are withdrawing (aka conceding) your keep defense, then you get back however much was in the hoard. If you just want to make tweaks to your deck, you can withdraw, make those changes, then submit your keep again for any amount you want. (Including whatever value the hoard was at before you withdrew, if you so desire.)

*Dino beat me to it!

attt wrote:

so in the example from the articel:

• Your opponent’s hoard will increase by 150 Gold (New hoard amount will be 1150).

How much is the fee the second time this hoard is attacked (when the hoard amount is 1150)?
      Is it still the 400 from the beginning or does it scale?
      The 40% attacking fee is re-calculated on each new attempt. So the 2nd attempt would cost 40% of the new (1150) value. So as the hoard grows, the risk to attack it does too.
    • HEXSirSleepy wrote:

Portensio wrote:

If you are withdrawing (aka conceding) your keep defense, then you get back however much was in the hoard. If you just want to make tweaks to your deck, you can withdraw, make those changes, then submit your keep again for any amount you want. (Including whatever value the hoard was at before you withdrew, if you so desire.)

When the attacker pays... 50% goes to the defender immediately (win or lose) (The defender immediately gets 50% of your fee straight to their account, rounded up)

so the 37.5% goes to the Hoard. and 12.5 for princess cory.

If the keep is removed immediately after (he concedes) that means the defender got 87.5% total right? (the 50% from the initial payment and 37.5% that was on the keep but since he concedes he gets the full hoard back). So here he would get 200 gold + 150 + 1000 back)

Is that how it goes?