Friday Update - Ohhh Yeaah!

• HEXCoryJones wrote:

I hope you have fun with this, it was a small part of the MANY ideas I feel in love with when creating HEX, and I am very excited to finally play around with it.
      Big kudos to you and the team for bringing this out--I definitely feel like Siege has a lot of promise, especially in the context of bolstering incentive for players to interact in the different play areas Hex has to offer. No doubt there will be different iterating as things proceed, so it's early to make any assertions in that regard--but down the line if Siege really takes off, I'd love to see the potential for branching into different 'sub-formats' and themes with the possibility of offering alternative prizes to victors from our stashes, etc.

I'm pretty darn excited for the format and can't wait to see what Hex's cleverest and most industrious players brew with the tools available. Seeing the Siege headline put a big smile on my face today, so thank you for that.
    • schild wrote:

HEXCoryJones wrote:

We realized that a big portion of "Keeps" was built around a game play system that was untested... so lets test it!
      so, what you're saying is that this isn't a hurdle to putting stuff in the game
      look, i'm happy keep defense is in, seriously, there's not even the slightest ounce of sarcasm in that statement

but there's this tree like, sitting in the front yard, with fruit growing a foot above the soil, it's probably delicious, let's pick that
      I don't understand these comments

one of the key challenges with HEX was building systems that have never been done like mixing an RPG and TCG, we made 5 completely finished class systems before settling on what we have.

the Keep stuff is a much smaller example of the same problem... often I have ideas I think SOUND fun but turn out to be awful (luckily I have people MUCH more talented than me working here, so it usually gets fixed or killed before anyone sees it)

We have built this core piece of a larger thing, I would like to have everyone play it as we fix and evolve it...

hopefully everyone has fun :)
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

Siege is a small step toward larger things... we would like to iterate on this system until it feels amazing. You should expect changes and additions in the future (like using your mercenaries to defend). We realized that a big portion of "Keeps" was built around a game play system that was untested... so lets test it!
      Hooray. We will be able to use mercs in it eventually.

Now I just hope that we don't have too long to wait till we can try out Siege.
    • Even if they don't get the defense option, opening up attacks for PS4 players would probably be a ton of fun. One question I have is whether or not there might be the possibility of setting up multiple sets of defense--I'd personally love to be able to e.g. have my purposefully toughest nut to crack be a platinum defense, while also offering more off-the-wall puzzle defenses for gold to be won at the same time.
    • Blackwood wrote:

Even if they don't get the defense option, opening up attacks for PS4 players would probably be a ton of fun. One question I have is whether or not there might be the possibility of setting up multiple sets of defense--I'd personally love to be able to e.g. have my purposefully toughest nut to crack be a platinum defense, while also offering more off-the-wall puzzle defenses for gold to be won at the same time.
      great feedback and that's the sort of thing it would be good to hear as we build out the feature

expect us to keep slowly adding small stuff to it so it becomes more fun and better fitting what people want
    • Yoyogod wrote:

Is there any chance of a practice mode for Siege where we can test a deck to be sure the AI can play it properly before let other people fight against it?
      That's mentioned in the article:

This means there will be a bit of trial and error to see which decks the AI can master. To ensure that your deck is working optimally, when deckbuilding for Siege Defense, you will be given the ability to play against the decks you built and see the way that the AI pilots it. This will let you tinker with them until you think you’ve found an unbeatable build.
    • Blackwood wrote:

Yoyogod wrote:

Is there any chance of a practice mode for Siege where we can test a deck to be sure the AI can play it properly before let other people fight against it?
      That's mentioned in the article:
      This means there will be a bit of trial and error to see which decks the AI can master. To ensure that your deck is working optimally, when deckbuilding for Siege Defense, you will be given the ability to play against the decks you built and see the way that the AI pilots it. This will let you tinker with them until you think you’ve found an unbeatable build.

Oh somehow I missed that part. Thanks.
    • @HEXCoryJones

There's the very touchy subject of "coming soon". There's been things that have been "coming soon" for almost a full year now without ever hearing about it again (e.g. Sealed Gauntlet being best-of-3). Can you share just how "soon" you are hoping to get this into our hands (without committing to anything of course), just so we can set expectations correctly and we don't end up with another 70 pages thread of people complaining about the same thing over and over again?
    • Fred wrote:

@HEXCoryJones

There's the very touchy subject of "coming soon". There's been things that have been "coming soon" for almost a full year now without ever hearing about it again (e.g. Sealed Gauntlet being best-of-3). Can you share just how "soon" you are hoping to get this into our hands (without committing to anything of course), just so we can set expectations correctly and we don't end up with another 70 pages thread of people complaining about the same thing over and over again?

...our goal is to have this out in one month
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

Fred wrote:

@HEXCoryJones

...our goal is to have this out in one month
      Did you talk to your team before answering this LOL

Also its ok to miss the target.. ITS NOT OK NOT EVER TALKING ABOUT IT AFTERWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!