Deck Drilldown - Sapphire-Ruby Sockets

• Hey Jeff!

Would you recommend this deck over r/d candlekins (aggro style) for efficient overal laddering?

Also, a suggestion for future articles: I think it would be cool to have a tournament performance vs ladder performance analyses section. Some people like to ladder, some like to do tournaments, and some both, so I think it would be really cool to get insights for your decklist as to overall performances in these two environments.
    • I played this sockets deck a fair bit last season and its obviously strong. Some fine tuning I tried with the current meta that works fairly well is the following.

(1) Indigo trickster in the current meta is really good. Fitting in 2 or 3 works quite nicely. If 2 then remove one trapper and a heartsworn. if a 3rd one remove 1 warpsteel.
      The reason i say its good is that it obviously put control decks under pressure but it does the same in the candle matchup. They need to block or risk losing their key combo pieces.

(2) I also found 2 of the red coins in the deck is good. the red one produces a charge which can be revelant as can the card draw. 1 of the red fateweave sources can be removed and any basic.

(3) the socket which produces actions in sapphire needs to be utilised. In some matchups its better to have emsee with this socket. also one riftwarp badger can have this.
    • Hi @Dinotropia first of all thank you for the link of the sapphire ruby socket (I'm might be a year late ^^), I really like this deck setup and wanted to build it. I'm a newbie in HEX and have newbie questions that hope you guys can answer.

I have played Magic the Gathering and Legend of the Five rings CCG so mechanics wise i have experience, so that given i wanted to jump to this deck and my newbie questions are.

1.) how can i get Haraza The Incinerator? seems like its not on the initial Hero Selections.
      2.) is this expansion still good for 2019 (tournament wise.)
      3.) if yes, where can i buy the whole deck? or is it cheaper purchasing singles?, so i wont spend too much time with the booster packs.

Cheers! :)
    • @Oldmonke

I am glad you enjoyed the article. You should have Haraza the Incinerator already. They are a champion from set 5. If you are having trouble finding them, try filtering champions by set or color to narrow them down. The deck is a bit old, so if you want to play it in standard you may need to switch a few things out. Gems especially will have rotated since this article was published. If you build the deck in the Standard Tab, you can click on a card with Sockets and explore which gems you can use instead. Finally, I would ask around the community for the cards you need. You can check the AH directly, use the chat, etc. Someone can probably help you by either selling or trading the cards you need.

Good luck!
    • Oldmonke wrote:

Hi @Dinotropia first of all thank you for the link of the sapphire ruby socket (I'm might be a year late ^^), I really like this deck setup and wanted to build it. I'm a newbie in HEX and have newbie questions that hope you guys can answer.

I have played Magic the Gathering and Legend of the Five rings CCG so mechanics wise i have experience, so that given i wanted to jump to this deck and my newbie questions are.

1.) how can i get Haraza The Incinerator? seems like its not on the initial Hero Selections.
      2.) is this expansion still good for 2019 (tournament wise.)
      3.) if yes, where can i buy the whole deck? or is it cheaper purchasing singles?, so i wont spend too much time with the booster packs.

Cheers! :)
      probably shouldn't spend any money you care about on a dead game
    • New

@Dinotropia

Thank's so much for the reply i finally found Haraza :) i really like the theme probably will just get this deck and keep it just for fun.

For this year do you know where i can find the list of top decks for tournaments? I wanted to have an idea what is the tempo and look at high tiers for standard play, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks again for your help and Cheers!