Standard vs Immortal

• Standard vs Immortal

good afternoon everyone

I set up my first deck and would like to understand how the championships actually work. My deck is valid for immortal format.

However many championships or 1x1 are for the standard formats. What is the standard difference for immortal? Are there any championships for both? What are the advantages and disadvantages between them? ?( ?( ?(

Thank you :)
    • Standard and Immortal are two different formats where different sets of cards are legal. In immortal all the cards with the white resource cost are legal, while in Standard they are not. All tournaments right now use the Standard format unless they explicitly state otherwise. There are immortal tournaments, but Standard is the best place to start playing PvP constructed.
    • hello jluso

Thanks for the feedback. I understand a little bit now, but in the case of the standard, the cards say have a "validity" to be used on the decks? For example, I think in MTG, a standard deck cards are valid from the last three expansions, something like this applies to HEX? Or I can mount a standard deck and it will always be worth the time.

• Giorgioneb wrote:

hello jluso

Thanks for the feedback. I understand a little bit now, but in the case of the standard, the cards say have a "validity" to be used on the decks? For example, I think in MTG, a standard deck cards are valid from the last three expansions, something like this applies to HEX? Or I can mount a standard deck and it will always be worth the time.

There are different tabs in the collection screen. All Standard decks also work for Immortal. Immortal decks do not necessarily work in Standard. I tested this yesterday. If you use the Immortal tab with old-set cards and then switch it to Standard, you'll get a validation error telling you which cards/gems/champion are not allowed in Standard. If you use the Standard tab and switch it to Immortal, you'll have more cards available, but the deck will validate.
      Side note: The Frost Ring Arena tab will show your PVE cards and offer your tab for equipment, too.