Celebrating 2017 in Hex

• Celebrating 2017 in Hex

A year is full of ups and downs... and it's really easy to focus on the downs, but why not take a moment to celebrate the ups?

It's simple... everyone post your favourite part of Hex from 2017 and a quick reason why you loved it. (Blargh, working on a 'looking forward at 2018' article for something else and got my writing mixed up and wrote the wrong year haha)

I'll start.

Kismet Draft - it was an awesome format with a ton of really cool synergies that limited really never got to see, and the sleeves made it feel rewarding even for people whose win rates were less than stellar like myself!

NM found the edit thread button
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Eraia: Edited because I'm an idiot ;) ().

• besides from the Set releases (remember the hype leading to the ultimate day of release and the suspense when updating the client while combing through the full spoiler list and waiting for the server gates to open to a whole new world full of bliss and magic?) I enjoyed the Kismet Drafts as well. It was a mix of reveling in the glorious past and simultaneously building these super strong combos. When I won my draft 3-0 it was because of my superior deckbuilding skills, and when I lost 0-3 it was because of Kismet herself messing with her rng machine. At least that's what I was able to tell myself these days.
    • Opalia wrote:

I really love the Bankerbot.
      Yes! Let's all give thanks for Broombot, he has done so much for the community. Not even just Bankerbot, but the puzzle contests, and so much more.

Transience wrote:

My favorite new feature from 2017 is the battleboards.
      That was not a response I expected to see, since you never hear anyone talking about them really! Thanks for sharing, I'm sure Hex is glad to hear that the boards are appreciated :)

Gwaelan wrote:

When I won my draft 3-0 it was because of my superior deckbuilding skills, and when I lost 0-3 it was because of Kismet herself messing with her rng machine. At least that's what I was able to tell myself these days.
      That's the way. Blame Kismet for the bad but take credit for the good! :)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• There are 2 things that stood out to me:

1) 2017 is the year where Hex became predictable (in a good way). We expected 3 set releases, and we got 3 set releases. From now on, I think the 4-months cycle is pretty much set in stone. We can now reasonably expect the next set to drop in March.

2) PS4. I don't care for PS4 myself. I don't own a PS4. It sucks that PS4 can't chat, or that we can't send them mail. But despite all that:
      [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/nMv8OZT.png]

I can't wait to see the effect of EU and Japan when Hex launches on PS4 over there.
    • Average number of ranked matches per day

Ranked PvP per day
      Nov-Dec 20161.186
      Jan-Feb 20171.202
      Mar-Apr 20171.229
      May-Jun 2017865
      Jul-Aug 2017836
      Sep-Okt 20171.038
      Nov-Dec 20171.748

PS4 release in October seems to have doubled rabked matches per day. :)

EVO, draft and seal deck first 44 days after release of set 6, 7 and 8.

DraftSealedEvoIncome in $ from
      Draft, Evo and Sealed
      in first 44 days
      Set 613.8013.86026.170$ 237.583
      Set 711.0391.82718.349$ 168.799
      Set 811.5731.77820.519$ 180.286

It seems like all they new PS4 players don't play much limmed.
      Maybe most new players are just F2P.

Income have been calculated as:
      Entry fee (100p = $1) plus $2 * boosters to enter minus $2 * boosters won.
    • Opalia wrote:

I know this is 2018 stuff but I want to mention it here anyway because it so great:
      I promotion with another game company.
      Imo one of the thing Hex have lacking most is promotion
      Only hard core HEX player ever heard about HEX...
      "Show me your friends"...

I don't know if this is worth celebrating, regardless of whether it's '17 or '18 stuff. Go read on them and their game here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB:_All_Points_Bulletin
    • Vroengard wrote:

"Show me your friends"...

I don't know if this is worth celebrating, regardless of whether it's '17 or '18 stuff. Go read on them and their game here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB:_All_Points_Bulletin
      It's not for you or I to decide what other people wish to celebrate. If it makes them happy, it's worth celebrating, even if it doesn't make you happy