Chaostouched Mill deck. (need Suggestions for Polish)

• Chaostouched Mill deck. (need Suggestions for Polish)

Been playing around will the new Milling Cards, and think I've struck on something good here.
      But I feel like it could still use some polishing. Anyone have any suggestions?
      Keep in mind, this is for Standard PvP.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=291391

The keys to this deck are definitely Fever Bloom are Nameless Husher. They just ramp up the power of your Mill cards to an insane degree.
      The Librarian is great support, and Cult of the Nameless City is good Mill and Draw power.
      Strangle and Bonetide are cheap, effective removal (especially Bonetide in this deck). Unravel is good removal and Mill, but a bit pricey.
      Heart's Whisper is there for Draw power, and Howling Madness is good, cheap mill with some draw power as well. Tongue Breeder is decent, but I don't use her as much.
      And then Morsel of Madness is great Milling and Healing when paired with Bloom Fever or Nameless Husher.

So far, this deck has worked really well. About the only thing that really causes any problems is Fast rush decks like Lady Avalanche or an Illumination deck. But if you can break their Combo early with some big mills, Its still doable.

I know that some obvious improvements are Nameless Draught and Demented Whispers, but past that, I have no idea.
      Anyone have any suggestions?

As for the Reserves. I have no idea what to put in....orz.....

The post was edited 3 times, last by Osamaru ().

• After some testing, Boglam, The Mad Marsh is an amazing card for this deck, when paired with The Librarian (specifically Library Curator). So much so, that I want to find a way to play him easier. Paradigm Shift maybe? if it was a 3 cost 3/3, I'd not hesitate to put 4 copies in the deck.
    • One Void star left unchecked can be a litteral nightmare for your opp.

She'll make chaosotuched each time a troop is buried, even if she does'nt swing. Filling your hand with squirmhounds, tought harvesters, cumulus oculus, spare copies of librarian and boglam or even herself sometimes.

Demented destiny is a great finisher. Demented ascension is way easier to enable than during frostheart meta, but it's kind of a win more, even if very powerful, often enough by the time there's 24 opposing cards in the crypt and that you can ascend, you have already locked the game most of the time.

The litteral bomb card is culmination of blood imo. Making the opp discard his entire hand is often the win.

I think that while nameless husher is a limited powerhouse, he is too slow and easy to kill for standard constructed. If possible I would get the hushers out and
      add demented destinies + 1 or 2 culmination of blood.

Upgrading the unravels for herofalls, too, cutting one librarian for one void star. Boglam is sweet but void star will make you boglams, and often, you'd rather have journey into nightmare as your 5 drop, not easy for everyone to remove, and you get an extra card per turn while opp deck gets even smaller every turn.

Getting the necropolis coins out, and get ice shards in ( blood and sapphire ) .

Depends on your budget.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • Olfff wrote:

One Void star left unchecked can be a litteral nightmare for your opp.

She'll make chaosotuched each time a troop is buried, even if she does'nt swing. Filling your hand with squirmhounds, tought harvesters, cumulus oculus, spare copies of librarian and boglam or even herself sometimes.

Demented destiny is a great finisher. Demented ascension is way easier to enable than during frostheart meta, but it's kind of a win more, even if very powerful, often enough by the time there's 24 opposing cards in the crypt and that you can ascend, you have already locked the game most of the time.

The litteral bomb card is culmination of blood imo. Making the opp discard his entire hand is often the win.

I think that while nameless husher is a limited powerhouse, he is too slow and easy to kill for standard constructed. If possible I would get the hushers out and
      add demented destinies + 1 or 2 culmination of blood.

Upgrading the unravels for herofalls, too, cutting one librarian for one void star. Boglam is sweet but void star will make you boglams, and often, you'd rather have journey into nightmare as your 5 drop, not easy for everyone to remove, and you get an extra card per turn while opp deck gets even smaller every turn.

Getting the necropolis coins out, and get ice shards in ( blood and sapphire ) .

Depends on your budget.
      Ya, some of those are a bit out of my current price range. Not if I want to get the Demented Whispers as well.
      Honestly, I debated if I wanted to get Void Stars or the Whispers, but figured I get more use out of the Whispers in the long run.
    • Yeah, whispers go into even non mill decks as an alternate win con / disruption tool.

If you play whispers, play 4 whispers.

If you play Void Star, one is enough, 2 at max.

As for priority ( in my opinion ), i'd go in descending order : nameless draught > demented whispers > culmination of blood/herofall > demented destiny/void star > runebinds / massacre ( for general board control purposes )

Nameless Devourer is a great card, but kinda meh in a vaccum, it really shines when you have whispers, culmination, ascension and void star. otherwise, just pass on it.

If you want to keep being a troop based mill deck, you might want to cut on your troop count ( like 1/4 husher, 1/4 librarian ... ) and get 2 gahstly exchanges in.

Exchange mills opp, allows you to get key troops back from the crypt, and sometimes for example, you'd rather have your librarian sacrificied ( getting you a card back in the same move ) in response to a into the unknown or a herofall, rather than having him and all others in your deck become other cards or be voided.

Mostly the basis of reflexion is : is my mill deck more of an action mill deck or a troop mill deck ? If you play games and feel that you really count on your librarian/void star/ any troop, gahstly exchange is a good inclusion.

If your mill deck is more constant/action based, then getting more massacres/board control is a good idea.

• It's because in addition to be a mill staple, it's also used in turbo pa and some action heavy R/S builds.

• At the moment I'm playing with this set up too. I still try to improve it. What I have found usable on the top of these is Void Star's Gaze (I'm sorry I don't know how to insert the link. Can someone tell me). Also Playtime is a very good card. You can gain control of any card unless the opponent buries half of his deck.

I tried to improve my hero's health adding Food for Thought but I was't really impressed. So I dropped it. I would like to try Steal Intel. On paper it sounds good. My deck is action based and the troops I have are Void Star The Sightless, Tongue Breeder, The Librarian and Nameless Husher. Tongue Breeder is like a double edged sword. I lost some games because couldn't kill Chaostongue quick enough. I am thinking to drop it and add some Tale of Insight (draw a card when troop is readies) which would go nicely with Librarian once it's got unblock-able. The problem is you must have both in your hand. ....Or with Gaze of Hastur which can be exhausted without attacking. Gaze of Hastur actually is a quite decent card but at the moment it has no place in my deck.

I would say Librarian and Void Star is must have. I quite like Nameless Husher as well. It has good stats and costs only 3. I've tried Boglam but it didn't really work for me. I didn't give him up completely but at the moment it has no much use for me.

I agree with the comment about Demented ascension. I have in my deck but by the time it kicks in I already control the game and would win anyway.

Once (yesterday) I tried Nameless Truths and was quite impressed.

My big problem is potecting my cards. I'm thinking to include some Shroud which gives Spellshild for 1 turn. or maybe Milky Eye Venom. Also, some card to interrupt the opponent is nice to have.

The post was edited 9 times, last by MrDeeR ().

• Since it's not mentioned so far, you need a plan for Robogoyle. Either to kill it after it pops out or mill so fast that it doesn't matter(hardly a good plan most of the time if your opponent has 3-4x Robogoyles, unless you have like 10x Dementia Daisies). Some good answers for Robogoyle are Librarian and Demented Destiny, or any other card that allow you to take away the milled cards before actually milling them. These cards allow you to take Robogoyle away without triggering it, thus they are risk-free milling even with Robogoyle in opponent's deck.

If you are looking for protection, I would say either Runebind, Halt and/or Verdict of the Ancient Kings.

Some other cards to consider are Casualty of War(to clear 6 DEF Dark Heart when you arrive at the control-heavy part of the ladder), Void Star's Gaze(I am a fan of 2-cost Nameless Devourer into 3-cost VSG; the downside is that it's a 3 cost basic action but it clears almost all targets except in mirror match), Massacre(Essential against all the going-wide aggro/midrange deck).