UI unresponsive/cards don't react when clicked

• UI unresponsive/cards don't react when clicked

Hello,

Since the patch the in-game UI feels very unresponsive, as in sometimes when I click on a card nothing happens. I have to click up to 4-5 times on a given card to play it.
      I have confirmed with a few other players that the same is happening to them, so it's not on my end, from my mouse or anything like that especially since it only happens during Hex games. Rest of the menus are working perfectly fine, but playing cards is kind of a struggle which is a bit frustrating, and also heavily increases the chance of a misclick.
    • Wendek wrote:

Hello,

Since the patch the in-game UI feels very unresponsive, as in sometimes when I click on a card nothing happens. I have to click up to 4-5 times on a given card to play it.
      I have confirmed with a few other players that the same is happening to them, so it's not on my end, from my mouse or anything like that especially since it only happens during Hex games. Rest of the menus are working perfectly fine, but playing cards is kind of a struggle which is a bit frustrating, and also heavily increases the chance of a misclick.
      I believe the recent patch made the 'click to play' range narrower on cards, so there's a very precise place you have to click for it...

I hope it was unintentional and is fixed soon, but ya... it's very annoying!

I've noticed fairly consistent success clicking just above the bottom right corner of the card art section on non-EA card... but it shouldn't be that tricky ;)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I keep having linked cards open if I click a card anywhere near the text box. No, I wasn't trying to see what Spiderling Egg does while declaring attackers...

I think that's actually related to this, with the click detection prioritizing that over selecting the card.
    • Here's what I think the issue is:
      When your aren't zoomed in on a card in your hand, the card is still interactive in terms of the linked text (e.g. "create a Valor"). I feel that previously, such parts of a card were only interactive when zoomed in. So now, when zoomed out, the "click to play me" area of a card is much narrower because any interactive parts are potentially clickable. That or some parts are disabled. So yeah, the artwork area is your best bet to click, but the problem then is that hovering your mouse over a card makes it pop up slightly, so your aim needs to be adjusted.
      A minor thing, but definitely frustrating.
    • I've been playing PVE for the last week and have noticed this since the patch as well. Lots of times when I click to play a card either nothing will happen or it will open linked cards. Doesn't seem to matter where I click on the card, art or text box, it will be unresponsive for a couple clicks.
    • Here's what I discovered. It seems to be related to cards that have a popup tooltip or a "click to view card" tooltip.

Here's me mousing over the potrait or border of prophet of the sun. If I double click I can remove it from the deck no problem. If I right click I can zoom in no problem.

Here's me mousing over the text area of the card. If I double click or right click the card is unresponsive. Nothing happens.

Here's what happens when I move my mouse up to the portrait. Not the same problem but still seems like a bug.

I Have the same problem with Skittering Dark but when I look at Prophet of Wren there is no problem. First is mousing over the portrait.

This is mousing over the text area below the portrait.

This wouldn't be a big deal if it happened just in the card collection but it happens when a card is in your hand during a game and when you are selecting a card to attack or defend. I have changed resolutions a number of times and switched between windowed and full screen mode. I also run the game through Steam. Hope this helps in resolving the issue!
    • This has been annoying the crap out of me since the latest patch. The 'hit box' on the cards has absolutely been reduced. It's very irritating to play cards right now and I constantly feel like I'm going to do something wrong by accident. This NEEDS to be fixed, and soon. People are complaining on the Steam forums as well.