Observations From Hearthstone's PvE Dungeon

    • What they envisioned is merging the concept of an mmorpg and a collectible trading card game: that was the main concept that set this game apart. Everything we see released the the current PvE definitely seems like a technical demonstration. With what they've demonstrated they can do, they can keep cranking out similar content to what we have. They probably already have designed workable playing versions of the missing classes you've mentioned but probably don't release them because they don't really demonstrate things they can do any better than what classes we already have. The release of the ranger class demonstrated that they have the ability to give us player customized cards through naming our pet. If players can customize one parameter of a card, they have a system where specific cards can be turned into a template with adjustable values (implications on user crafted/customized cards? cough cough) But every new PvE thing they've released so far seems to be a test of a new/reiterated system that shows what they can do.

      Clearly they have the capabilities to create solo content that delivers quite well on the rpg and collectible card game factors, but the clear element missing are the social/group activities associated with the mmo factor in mmorpg. Even existing cards clearly indicate they envision combat with more than two champions, otherwise you wouldn't have card texts that reference "all/each opposing champions." What is currently clearly missing from the game that would enable co-op? We have yet to see anything where there are more than two champions. Are they still working on the systems to support that? Is it already done and they're holding back on us? Who knows? All we can say is that there is evidence for plans of such a system, but there isn't anything currently in game that demonstrates they can do that yet. Whether they currently can or can't is irrelevant. All we know is that it's not in the game yet, and we're not going to see co-op game play until we know they can implement a system to support it (I.E. If they give us solo content where we are fighting multiple opposing champions at the same time, or if we can control our player character and our mercenaries on a team at the same time ---> This would demonstrate that they can support combat with more than two champions, which would then let us know that they have the means to support co-op gameplay)

      As regards to your last comment, you seem to misconstrued what I'm saying. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying based on the type of things they've released and how everything we have to mess around with very strongly resembles a technical demonstration, it's highly likely that they are still developing other systems they want to have in their finished product. They didn't have to release AZ2; they could've just kept a developer's journal of their progress of the systems they've finished building (like mercenaries and sea exploration) and left AZ1 as the teaser of what they can do. I have no idea where you're getting the notion I'm implying players puppets and should beg developer. Also, as a player, I'm not entitled to anything (not even playing their game); they can choose to deny me service for whatever reason. I like the concept they're pitching, so I support them. If I don't like what they're doing, I'm free to stop supporting them whenever I choose. They don't have to do anything; they could wake up tomorrow and say "Screw it!" for whatever reason and discontinue development.
    • Ravengrove wrote:

      They don't have to do anything; they could wake up tomorrow and say "Screw it!" for whatever reason and discontinue development.
      Agreed. The problem is that the general consensus is that that's what everything's point to but HXE won't man up and say it. Presumably, you will never get a clear answer because they still can't do without those that'd drop the game or decrease their spendings in the game if they came out and admited it.

      And that's how you have a situation like this with so so many months of silence.
    • Vroengard wrote:

      Ravengrove wrote:

      They don't have to do anything; they could wake up tomorrow and say "Screw it!" for whatever reason and discontinue development.
      Agreed. The problem is that the general consensus is that that's what everything's point to but HXE won't man up and say it. Presumably, you will never get a clear answer because they still can't do without those that'd drop the game or decrease their spendings in the game if they came out and admited it.
      And that's how you have a situation like this with so so many months of silence.
      lol, seriously? "man up"?

      If you feel that way, then please just leave. you are not helping the game, you are not helping yourself, you are not helping anyone. Also, don't go pretending to speak for anyone or that your own opinions are some sort of "general consensus".

      They have told us a very basic plan for the future. I want more info as well but I won't lower myself by just making stuff up like what I just quoted. With posts like this there is really nothing more to say to you as you are clearly in own dark little world separated from reality. However:

      For those who are just coming into this, Cory has told us that HexEnts current plan is to focus heavily on getting to new platforms like PS4 (Japan and Europe), tablets, and xBox. They feel this is the best for the game as they need a better income stream to keep the game running and allow for new work on things that will help retain players. PVE is something they believe helps player retention, not acquisition. Both of these things are important of course but they feel acquisition needs to come first. Whether you agree or disagree, it should be clear that at the very least, they do care about the game are doing what they think is best.

      I have said this several times before but I will say it again: I don't entirely agree with Cory or HexEnt on this issue. I feel that multiplayer will help a great deal in both acquiring and retaining players. I also feel that having any news, even vague news, regularly would help (I know it would help me). That said, I am no expert at developing games or public relations and see no reason to pretend that I know better than them.

      Disagreeing with Cory and HexEnt is something everyone has a right to. Voicing concerns and complaints in a constructive manner is also something that everyone has a right to and is something that can help make Hex even better. Posts like the above, and so many more lately, do not fall under this category. They are inflammatory and are based on unchecked emotions, not reality.

      If you have something to say, then please say it. Just try to have some small level of civility and try to add to the discussion and try to avoid posting things like the material I quoted.
    • @Sukebe you speak like someone who hasn't even skimmed through the "Stone me if you want but ... PVE?" thread.

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      So stop calling others flammers in order to discredit them. There's a bunch of people thinking and speaking of what I talked about.
    • Vroengard wrote:

      @Sukebe you speak like someone who hasn't even skimmed through the "Stone me if you want but ... PVE?" thread.

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      So stop calling others flammers in order to discredit them. There's a bunch of people thinking and speaking of what I talked about.
      I couldn't agree more, words at this juncture are meaningless and another angle to look at the situation is EXACTLY as Vore posted. If you choose to believe the hollow words then that's just peachy but it's perfectly valid to read between the lines. Your opinion is just opinion and is no more valid than anyone else's. If Nico is no longer playing then that speaks volumes more than any vague words HXE have supplied of late.

      They are aware of the situation and say they care but continue to do nothing, sounds like they don't care to me...logic would dictate this is true.
    • Please don't read into what I say too much. The gaming industry is huge, and if you play anything for 3+ years, you tend to want to try other things.
      HEX has a lot of work to do if they want to be a lot of people's "Forever Game". They can get there.
      I haven't stopped playing, but I am losing interest, and there is a lot that goes into that, much of which is entirely outside of HXE's control.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

      Please don't read into what I say too much. The gaming industry is huge, and if you play anything for 3+ years, you tend to want to try other things.
      HEX has a lot of work to do if they want to be a lot of people's "Forever Game". They can get there.
      I haven't stopped playing, but I am losing interest, and there is a lot that goes into that, much of which is entirely outside of HXE's control.
      You have been a stalwart for PVE for longer than most and when the pillars of the community start losing interest it speaks volumes. The wait has been 4+ years and we are still no closer to the prize and the stark reality is the prize may still be years away or worse, just a mirage on the horizon...a will-o-wisp that is always promising but can never deliver. I've enjoyed your contribution to Hex and hope that at some stage we can all find the passion that used to burn so brightly for this game that has so much unrealized potential rather than just fading to black.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

      Please don't read into what I say too much. The gaming industry is huge, and if you play anything for 3+ years, you tend to want to try other things.
      HEX has a lot of work to do if they want to be a lot of people's "Forever Game". They can get there.
      I haven't stopped playing, but I am losing interest, and there is a lot that goes into that, much of which is entirely outside of HXE's control.
      Who are you?!? You aren't

      Vroengard wrote:

      Nocisharp
      What have you done with him/her?

      EDIT: I really liked the VotAK podcast. Never missed any. I liked the puzzles the most.
    • Vroengard wrote:

      @Sukebe you speak like someone who hasn't even skimmed through the "Stone me if you want but ... PVE?" thread.

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      So stop calling others flammers in order to discredit them. There's a bunch of people thinking and speaking of what I talked about.
      2 people does not make a consensus, heck, with the number of people who play hex and don't use the forum, all of us here would not even make a consensus (especially since people who are upset tend to use forums more than those who are happy with the game)...stop being a troll with your posts and making things up and acting like they are reality and you won't be called a troll :)

      TheBlackCrypt wrote:

      Vroengard wrote:

      @Sukebe you speak like someone who hasn't even skimmed through the "Stone me if you want but ... PVE?" thread.

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      So stop calling others flammers in order to discredit them. There's a bunch of people thinking and speaking of what I talked about.
      I couldn't agree more, words at this juncture are meaningless and another angle to look at the situation is EXACTLY as Vore posted. If you choose to believe the hollow words then that's just peachy but it's perfectly valid to read between the lines. Your opinion is just opinion and is no more valid than anyone else's. If Nico is no longer playing then that speaks volumes more than any vague words HXE have supplied of late.
      They are aware of the situation and say they care but continue to do nothing, sounds like they don't care to me...logic would dictate this is true.
      Logic dictates that they are a small company that does not know how to all the flames that these types of threads generate. they need to get a lot better at it for sure but that doesn't give people like vroengard the right to make things up and post them.
    • Sukebe wrote:

      Vroengard wrote:

      @Sukebe you speak like someone who hasn't even skimmed through the "Stone me if you want but ... PVE?" thread.

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      So stop calling others flammers in order to discredit them. There's a bunch of people thinking and speaking of what I talked about.
      2 people does not make a consensus, heck, with the number of people who play hex and don't use the forum, all of us here would not even make a consensus (especially since people who are upset tend to use forums more than those who are happy with the game)...stop being a troll with your posts and making things up and acting like they are reality and you won't be called a troll :-)

      TheBlackCrypt wrote:

      Vroengard wrote:

      @Sukebe you speak like someone who hasn't even skimmed through the "Stone me if you want but ... PVE?" thread.

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      So stop calling others flammers in order to discredit them. There's a bunch of people thinking and speaking of what I talked about.
      I couldn't agree more, words at this juncture are meaningless and another angle to look at the situation is EXACTLY as Vore posted. If you choose to believe the hollow words then that's just peachy but it's perfectly valid to read between the lines. Your opinion is just opinion and is no more valid than anyone else's. If Nico is no longer playing then that speaks volumes more than any vague words HXE have supplied of late.They are aware of the situation and say they care but continue to do nothing, sounds like they don't care to me...logic would dictate this is true.
      Logic dictates that they are a small company that does not know how to all the flames that these types of threads generate. they need to get a lot better at it for sure but that doesn't give people like vroengard the right to make things up and post them.
      Welcome to the internet cupcake, people post all sorts of stuff...truths, untruths and everything in-between. As long as Vroe isn't violating T&Cs then I don't see what's wrong with posting what he/she wants. HXE are fully aware of the effect their policy to ignore the reason for threads like this is having so the logical thing to do would be to address said issue in some way to allay peoples frustrations/fears/boredom/etc...the illogical thing to do is nothing which, in my opinion, can only mean that they don't care. They said they care but caring is sharing....right?
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

      Sukebe wrote:

      Vroengard wrote:

      @Sukebe you speak like someone who hasn't even skimmed through the "Stone me if you want but ... PVE?" thread.

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      So stop calling others flammers in order to discredit them. There's a bunch of people thinking and speaking of what I talked about.
      2 people does not make a consensus, heck, with the number of people who play hex and don't use the forum, all of us here would not even make a consensus (especially since people who are upset tend to use forums more than those who are happy with the game)...stop being a troll with your posts and making things up and acting like they are reality and you won't be called a troll :-)

      TheBlackCrypt wrote:

      Vroengard wrote:

      @Sukebe you speak like someone who hasn't even skimmed through the "Stone me if you want but ... PVE?" thread.

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      So stop calling others flammers in order to discredit them. There's a bunch of people thinking and speaking of what I talked about.
      I couldn't agree more, words at this juncture are meaningless and another angle to look at the situation is EXACTLY as Vore posted. If you choose to believe the hollow words then that's just peachy but it's perfectly valid to read between the lines. Your opinion is just opinion and is no more valid than anyone else's. If Nico is no longer playing then that speaks volumes more than any vague words HXE have supplied of late.They are aware of the situation and say they care but continue to do nothing, sounds like they don't care to me...logic would dictate this is true.
      Logic dictates that they are a small company that does not know how to all the flames that these types of threads generate. they need to get a lot better at it for sure but that doesn't give people like vroengard the right to make things up and post them.
      Welcome to the internet cupcake, people post all sorts of stuff...truths, untruths and everything in-between. As long as Vroe isn't violating T&Cs then I don't see what's wrong with posting what he/she wants. HXE are fully aware of the effect their policy to ignore the reason for threads like this is having so the logical thing to do would be to address said issue in some way to allay peoples frustrations/fears/boredom/etc...the illogical thing to do is nothing which, in my opinion, can only mean that they don't care. They said they care but caring is sharing....right?
      lol, I have likely been on the internet far longer than you. the fact you use the term "cupcake" says all I need to know about you.

      Either way, if he is allowed to make things up just to make things seem worse than they really are, then I am allowed to call him (and you) on it.

      If you still think they don't care, then you should really just leave. Staying when you think they don't care about their own game (one that they have repeatedly shown they do really care about) means you are either insane or a masochist (or perhaps both). They may have to make difficult decisions we don't like but there should be no doubt in the minds of anyone who keep up with their posts and interviews that they are passionate and love the game. If you or vroengard had half the passion and love for the game they do neither of you would be making up these horrid and baseless things and pretending as if most people agreed with you.

      Sure, this is the internet. However, Hex forums used to better than that until people like you and vroengard decided that if you don't like it, no one should. we used to be above making things up to make the company look bad. If hex is really as bad or uncaring as you say then you wouldn't have to make things up to make yourselves look right.

      TL DR : sure you can say what you want, but so can I. I will do so every time I see made up lies and stretching what little truth you even bother to use so long as I see it and have the energy to do so (if you want to do something constructive I will try to participate as well, but I won't hold my breath).
    • I think it's quite hilarious and sad at the same time that this forum ultimately is the same as every other gaming forum. Except that 'gg ez noob fuck u scrub git gut lulllzzz PogChamp Rekt' is replaced by a semi-civilized walls of text full of fancy words.
    • Vroengard wrote:

      Case in point, just yesterday, Nocisharp posted that he's currently not playing and just lurking for news. The same NicoSHarp that used to be on a podcast, maintain a main site aritcle series and manage the PvE decklist thread in the forums. And guess what, it wasn't because of their choice of AA Ladder reward cards. It was because of PvE.

      TheBlackCrypt wrote:

      If Nico is no longer playing then that speaks volumes more than any vague words HXE have supplied of late.
      This :

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Please don't read into what I say too much. The gaming industry is huge, and if you play anything for 3+ years, you tend to want to try other things.
      HEX has a lot of work to do if they want to be a lot of people's "Forever Game". They can get there.
      I haven't stopped playing, but I am losing interest, and there is a lot that goes into that, much of which is entirely outside of HXE's control.
      Don't speak for other ....


      For me who post video about Hex and mostly PVE on Youtube (I know I don't have much view on my video)
      Sometime I don't post for a month.
      It's not because I'm losing faith or whatever, is just I play something else because I like a lot of things.

      I agree with sukebe here being negativ at the point of saying that HEX is evil is not helping anyone