Friday Update! 12.08.17

• Friday Update! 12.08.17

Friday is here, no one asked but here it is... luckily Friday brings us the gift! the GIFT of two days to be FREE... FREE to do as we please, covered in jelly and chasing dogs around the neighborhood... Cursing at the kids sneaking around my mail box trying to sniff my letters... heck maybe even relaxing with a full body shave out in the driveway... its good to take a break from work and the constant phone call from my HOA...

I think I look forward to Friday for one big reason... its the celebration we have here at HQ EVERY FRIDAY.... its time of course for ESPORTS FRIDAY... and that can mean only one thing DUCK HUNT, as I am sure you are aware Jared is a PRO level Duck Hunt Esporting star, as matter of fact in certain malls in the mid-west Jared cant walk within a 100 yards of the KB Toys without getting mobbed by fan.
      just look at his stream... its pretty clear he takes this shit seriously...

I have been practicing also, but I just don't hate water fowl the way Jarred does... plus I CANNOT STAND the fucking dog laughing at ME... if I had some 8bit jelly I would show that dog whose the boss!

well how about the update!?!
      yes... whats my HOT TAKE on that update?

We start off talking about HOT fix mania... are these HOT fixes HOTTER than my HOT take... yes yes they are. As with just about everything we have ever done in game, a launch is followed by several weeks or more of fixes and tinkering, this is no exception, and there are still things on the list, just part of the cadence of how a digital TCG works (at least one made by an indie)

For example the auto select for AH cards in the PS4 build has an issue (players have pointed out) and we will have that solved in the next patch... and to those of you that gamed the system... SHAME SHAME!!!! SHAME on you and your over priced commons...

Also I am very happy with the change to the disconnect timer, we looked at the logs and feel the change will be a net positive for the community, we do understand this takes a valuable option off the table for grief-ers... SO we ARE adding a chat feature that allows you to spam photos of your genitals when you draw less than 2 resources in the first 6 turns... clearly a much healthier outlet for your rage and saltiness...

We have NIGHT OF BELLS coming up, that sleeve is odd...

BANNING BRINK OF MADNESS??? meh... it wasn't fun and didn't make PVE better... seems ok, killing the puzzle element is terrible so it had to go.

I know its VERY early in the cycle and we just exploring the new set, but we work way in advance and we are actually getting in art for the next set... so I thought a sneak peak at a rough stage would be sort of cool!

I wont spoil this guys name as its a fun little joke...

And last but not least I wanted to give a quick shout out to the ever generous and amazing Colin...

He is running a very cool promotion with the HEX community to raise money for charity, check it out HERE ...its for a good cause and in typical Colin fashion he is giving out
      some AWESOME prizes. Actually I can add to that... the 4 lucky Jared shirts winners will also receive a PRIMAL pack from all 8 sets! Its the least I can do after getting
      people to buy that shirt...

well, love you all deeply (not as friends)
      have an great weekend!
      -cory
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

He is running a very cool promotion with the HEX community to raise money for charity, check it out HERE ...its for a good cause and in typical Colin fashion he is giving out

some AWESOME prizes. Actually I can add to that... the 4 lucky Jared shirts winners will also receive a PRIMAL pack from all 8 sets! Its the least I can do after getting
      people to buy that shirt...
      WOOT! More prizes! <3
      Hex: Shards of Fate KS | Producer | Bounty of the Magus Highlands Magus

"Hoarded or shared, knowledge is the most fearsome weapon of all."
      "The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
      "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
      "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."
    • Wargradewolf wrote:

Art is great.
      And about the rock format is that candles are dominating and it seems the are not on the watch list just wondering if you guys are ether looking into it or keeping your eyes on it.
      yes for sure, the larger conversation about restrictions for the different formats is something we are noodling... its hard as it requires a bit of community testing and that's the info rolling in now.
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

SO we ARE adding a chat feature that allows you to spam photos of your genitals when you draw less than 2 resources in the first 6 turns... clearly a much healthier outlet for your rage and saltiness...
      Another new PvP-only feature. I can already hear the teeth-gnawing of The Others.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Transience ().

• HEXCoryJones wrote:

I know its VERY early in the cycle and we just exploring the new set, but we work way in advance and we are actually getting in art for the next set... so I thought a sneak peak at a rough stage would be sort of cool!

I wont spoil this guys name as its a fun little joke...

First thing what came to my mind was some sort of a wordplay around Piper Perri...

Perhaps I should start rethinking how I spent my free time from now on :whistling: