Early 2018 PVE related request - New PVP(E) format!

• New

Mach wrote:

Equipment and singleton is not a good combination.
      A platform push and a new format which is unplayable on some or all of these new platforms is not a good combination.
      These two things were either addressed in the discussion or in the OP. Or is it that you don't agree with the argument for either of them? If it is the later I'd be interested to know more about why you think the arguments are not relevant. Did I/we miss something in the discussion?
      @Twitch - @Twitter - @Youtube

"A Gall's fortune is sometimes good and sometimes bad, but always true."
    • New

Edswor wrote:

We need custom lobbies with custom rules that we can define our selves and even turning those lobbies into custom tournaments ;) .
      What Coach suggests can be the start of what you suggest or vise versa. :)

DraXor wrote:

if we will treat this as tool, not some kind of direct format to play, and use this for some community drive events, this might be suuuuuuuuuuuper cool and fun.

I'll provied 2 examples:

1. if someone had a chance to see keeps that Dino had on his stream, tool like this would be really cool and would give more fun and possibilities for such 'game/event' and can be done on more scale, even we could build someking similar to keeps without such feature ingame, it would be more manual but still, can be fun

2. Tribal war - with pve cards there is way easier to create tribal deck and way cheaper, simple event: every user who want to participate will be assignaed to 1 of tribal (this can be random or not) and have to build deck in this tribal, then every week he have to fight with X other players from different tribal or faction, if you loose Y times across whole event you are knocked out, at the end there will be winning tribal or faction (there are fights until single faction/tribal is alive). All rewards etc are splited among ppl who are alive in winning tribal/faction.

Of course this is doable without pve cards, but with them its WAY better, more fun, more possibilities etc ...
      I really like the idea of tribal wars. And again, as said above, "Heroes" could be the start of something like this. If "Heroes" would be implemented and did not become a casual tournament but just a format kind of ''challenge a friend and have fun'', any Hex group could make their own custom tournament like Funktion was doing.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      In general, I think any new format is good for the game.
      What Coach does, is that he shares an idea and he makes a poll to see how much this would be liked by the community. Nothing more.
      No one said that this is something that MUST be implemented.
      And we here, share a great and mostly mature community, so ANY ideas should be heard and evaluated with respect by the community, so we, as a whole, can see what we prefer and where we are going.
      There is no need to be salty or to derail the conversation, thus creating multiple subconversations on topics that do not have relevance to what Coach is asking.
      ANYONE is welcome to create a thread and share their own ideas or complaints with the rest of the community.
      And we SHOULD BE HAPPY that there are people who spend their time thinking how to make this game better for everyone, even if we may not agree with their ideas.
      We MUST BE POSSITIVE. HEX is a prodigy and far more complex game than any other card game imo, but is being run by a not so big company, it is a fact that we must accept so we must also have faith and patience. Given the time, they will not let us down.
      And as said again, any new format is good for the game in my opinion. :)
    • New

All new ideas and effort made by the community is great but to be honest the PVP format that was awesome is gone...RIP Gauntlet PVP, for people who hate limited now there is no way to build a collection.

From my 500+ followers i received mails, wisps where they thanked me and said goodbye , i can say since the remove of this format nearly 60% of them quited the game slowly but surely...

Bash, ladder, and all arcanum, fight night is great but it cant replace the only way constructed player had to build collection.
      Lots of players want to be able to build collection via limited and construct.

I love Hex and will continue to produce FR content but every one who play the game can see that the number of players slowly diminish.
    • New

CoachFliperon wrote:

These two things were either addressed in the discussion or in the OP. Or is it that you don't agree with the argument for either of them? If it is the later I'd be interested to know more about why you think the arguments are not relevant. Did I/we miss something in the discussion?
      You don't balance overpowered cards (such as equipped cards) by making them show up less frequently. It just adds a really bad kind of variance. It's not fun when a game is decided by who's lucky enough to draw one of their few equipped cards out of 100.

This is why good TCG devs, including the Hex ones, avoid the trap of restricted lists.
    • New

Mach wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

You don't balance overpowered cards (such as equipped cards) by making them show up less frequently. It just adds a really bad kind of variance. It's not fun when a game is decided by who's lucky enough to draw one of their few equipped cards out of 100.
      This is why good TCG devs, including the Hex ones, avoid the trap of restricted lists.
      Now this is an answer I like. Thanks for sharing it.

• New

Rollup wrote:

All new ideas and effort made by the community is great but to be honest the PVP format that was awesome is gone...RIP Gauntlet PVP, for people who hate limited now there is no way to build a collection.

From my 500+ followers i received mails, wisps where they thanked me and said goodbye , i can say since the remove of this format nearly 60% of them quited the game slowly but surely...

Bash, ladder, and all arcanum, fight night is great but it cant replace the only way constructed player had to build collection.
      Lots of players want to be able to build collection via limited and construct.

I love Hex and will continue to produce FR content but every one who play the game can see that the number of players slowly diminish.
      I beleive last two months of metric shows that the number of players is growing right now. I certainly can see why it would have gone down for a while a few months back but activity has been raising over the past few weeks. Hopefully it stays like that. I would also like to see a new "gauntlet" style game mode at some point. It is unlikely while we have a ladder though. Cosmic coins were supposed to be how they address this so we'll see how well they integrate once they get them out.

• New

Mach wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

the point of this sort of format isn't balance

If it were a competitive format it'd be one thing. But it's not, and shouldn't be.

But it's not. I simply don't see the problem with overpowered cards running around and anything incredibly unfun can just be banned. There's nothing wrong with a banlist.

Hexs biggest omission right now is a complete lack of casual play, let alone fun casual play. Talking about balance right now seems a bit goofy in the face of having nothing to balance.
    • New

Every new set there is a regain of activity , i am not talking about few hundreds on month but of loss of thousands over years.

Limited is fun but personnaly i cant do limited without being overdosed very quickly, instead i have to build collection through AH and you can imagine how painful it is.

Just saying that the impossibility of building collection via constructed is something that hurts the player's will to stick to the game when u invested effort or money in a 150+$ deck.
      Now if ur not a limited player u left the game pretty quickly, it is simple observation of interaction with the EU community and i wont be surprised if other zone feel the same.

I hope i am wrong but i doubt that cosmic coins will repare the damage done by the remove of construct gauntlet.

Hex is a great game and lots of thing have improved since the alpha but we all know they made choices that often feel awkward (or bad if u are mean).
    • New

CoachFliperon wrote:

I beleive last two months of metric shows that the number of players is growing right now.
      I believe you should check the State of the Game for November again. Draft Gauntlets, Evo Sealed Gauntlets, Sealed Gauntlets, Bash participation and Clash participation, according to Fred (he forgot to put it in the article) are all DOWN compared to 4 months ago. Same for amount of Gold and Platinum traded in the AH. Sorry, but I definitely need to call this out.

On a more on-topic note, @CoachFliperon any comments about my earlier suggestion that we get (at some point) a player voting system for a more dynamic banlist (card & equipment) every two weeks? I really don't like the idea of using equipment for just 1 card.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vroengard ().

• New

Vroengard wrote:

On a more on-topic note, @CoachFliperon any comments about my earlier suggestion that we get (at some point) a player voting system for a more dynamic bank list (card & equipment) every two weeks? I really don't like the idea of using equipment for just 1 card.
      I do like a player voting system quite much. Wouldn't likely be qualifying as a "minimal effort" change but for anything that is casual or PVE related I would love to see something like that. Something like having a "cube" type limited experience with PVE items with a couple slots up for vote each month would be nice. Maybe have a recurring monthly PVP(E) event where we vote for the next format every month. Could even be that every month, we vote on a selection of "Heroes" for the next month. Like pick the top 5 Heroes out of a wide range and have players battle with them for a month then rotate. If the "Heroes" format ever uses mercenaries we certainly have enough for such a thing to be feasible.

For the whole argument about equipment. Yes, they do sometimes makes cards much stronger, but more often than not they change the purpose of the card as well. I see equipment as just giving us more tools to work with. And as others have said, even if we're speaking about a PVP suggestion, it would still be a casual format. It is the same thing with MTG Commander format. There is a very wide range in card power and the big size of the make makes them much less consistent. Yet, when you build your deck to be "optimal", all cards or most cards will be high impact. In that sense I don't see why having a couple cards with equipment would change anything to it. In fact, I think we got plenty of powerful cards already. What we lack is fixing and ways to be more consistent. I think a good portion of equips would be used to that end, like using the gloves equip for Dream Eagles or the chest equip on Jack-Hat.

• New

Wargradewolf wrote:

You want a new format? But they are not supporting the last one and yes I mean rock.
      Please read the OP. I specifically mention in my suggestion that it does not require any support from them outside of enabling us to challenge each others with a set of new deck building rules.

• New

Its nothing more than a deck filter with a life modification

I stand by my weeks old assertation that not having this already is total bs, backed up by the fact they think the addition is a big deal when all we want to do is play the stupid format and don't care how