Early 2018 PVE related request - New PVP(E) format!

• I think there's a divide between players that want to enjoy using PvE cards/equipment, and players that want to play against AI. One is directly PvE, and one is clearly PvP(E). Since Coach clearly said this was not quite PvE, but near it, I don't see why people are so aggressively attacking the idea. It's not PvE, but it's a fun stopgap between that PvE players would probably enjoy. That's it. It was obviously created wtih the intent of being minimal effort so that it didn't take away effort from developing other parts of the game, so that it *wouldn't* replace PvE content.

This is the effort of someone who realized PvE players felt left out because all the new formats were PvP developments, and wanted to extend that fun to PvE players in some way.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Arkansaw wrote:

Plotynus wrote:

I'm in favor of casual formats, be it predetermined in game (like Heroes) or just the option to have no deck and card restrictions in the deck builder.

And I would like to say to some pve players (not all, of course) that please, leave this game. It is clear that you don't like the current status, you don't like to where it is going (something based on nothing that your own prejudices)... so, why keep posting in the forum the same post over and over again? We get it, you wanted one thing, you didn't get what you want. I'm sorry for you. But for your mental health, please, do yourself a favor and don't come back.
      If PvE is nothing more than a sideshow/minigame, Hex should have the decency to say that openly, and not allow PvP players to make a mockery of the situation.
      If "PvE-related" is used as a bait to propose PvP modes, kickstarter discussion cannot be avoided since nothing can be more related to PvE than PvE itself. Elephant in the room
      Kickstarter is a funding program, not an unbreakable contract. I read in this thread (don't remember the author, it was you?) that because someone paid $100 4 years ago they have some kind of legal right to complain. Unbelievable. There are people being scammed by ICOs or other funding programs for more serious business that get slammed in the face in courts and here they are, some people who thinks that have some kind of divine right to complain all the time about PvE for something they did 4 years ago.

Yes, Hex promised some things that couldn't deliver (until today) in the KS. Yes, they said that this game would be a MMORPG and so far they have issues with that. No, it's not illegal and they didn't scam anyone. It's just the nature of development, sometimes you aim further than what you can delliver. It happens, it's not the end of the world. And if you (you as a generic, not talking specifically about you) don't like how things are going, why keep bothering? There are plenty of games out there, I'm sure there might be one that suits what you want for your entertainment needs.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • I can appreciate the efforts of everyone here getting this discussion going but if you are arguing (for or against) what has or hasn't been delivered by Hex or making personal remarks you are just hurting the main discussion.

If you have a personal feud with someone, send them a personal message. If you are frustrated with something that doesn't relate to the suggestion, get into an appropriate thread to voice your concern and have a healthy discussion about it there.

Trying to do some good here by gathering relevant feedback. We already had great answers in between the rest and I'd like to see more!

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!

The post was edited 1 time, last by CoachFliperon ().

• Ertzi wrote:

Transience wrote:

Ertzi wrote:

JeffHoogland wrote:

The people jumping down coach's throat in this thread saying it isn't PVE are ridiculous. He said this idea was "PVE related" and called it "PVP(E)". He is right - playing with PVE cards does make it PVE related. It isn't actually PVE by definition, but Coach never said it was.

We get it - this isn't what you want. You want more just PVE content. Not everyone wants the exact same thing though. Stop jumping on people who want things different from you. TCGs are great because they can be enjoyed in a lot of different ways. If someone asks about something you aren't interested in personally, just ignore it and move on. You don't have to play every feature Hex has to offer.
      Really easy to say when PvP is your focus, and your favorite format gets all sorts of goodies and support at every opportunity. Of course you are happy with the status quo and maybe even get annoyed with the cries of us PvE people. Brace yourself, because these cries are not going to lessen without real progress with PvE pretty soon. Every thread with the letters "PVE" will be volatile in the current climate. HexEnt has the power to fix this though.
      So what you're basically saying is that you're consciously planning on exhibiting volatile behavior until the company gives you what you want with no regard for whether giving you what you want is a sound business decision or not?
      No. What I'm saying is what I actually wrote. Don't ever put words in my mouth.
      "these cries are not going to lessen" So you won't stop crying about PvE until you get it. Seems like consciously planning to exhibit volatile behavior to me. If not, you're free to explain what you meant.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Regardless of the state of the game, I will always be 300% in favor of new formats, be them casual or not.

I personally think that using pve equips in pvp matches will be maybe a bit awkward for deck construction and balance, but sure, show me a contract that gives us a 100 deck size singleton format with larger health pools, annnnnnnd.... it's already signed.

Make it a multiplayer format and i'll sign it with my left big toe alone.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • PvP with PvE cards is fine by itself, there is no reason to make it 100 cards and singleton other than alienating big part of the playerbase that would play it otherwise.

And even though I voted yes because I don't think it's gonna happen before other things are implemented, I 100% share the fears of those saying that they will use it as an excuse, like FRA 2 to not release anything else PvE for some time.

Plus, it's not PvE, no matter how good it sounds.
    • I agree with the idea Shild (that's why I like :p) but I vote no because I don't want PVP(E) stuff like this because it will lead to degenerate play with time. Maybe not now but sometime.

But I like the idea of duel a friend with no restriction, because we agree with each other of the degenerate we can have in our game.

I think that if it's happend and a lot of player like it and play it, that will be good for the game (even if I voted no)
    • schild wrote:

Everyone that's voted no has clearly not played a format like this
      Or their tastes just aren't aligned to yours. Fortunately, the world has a place for a great many different types of people with a great many different tastes in entertainment. And it is a good thing that we all do have these differing tastes in entertainment, for it is what spurs people to CREATE formats like this, and it's the reason we have more than one video game at all.

As I said at the start - I voted no because I can't see myself playing it. That being said, there's clearly some demand for it to at least be tried... so - UNLESS it is actually hard to implement for some strange technical reason - I see no reason why Hex couldn't give it a try. But I would encourage them, if they do give it a try, to not message it as 'something for PvE players' because that would totally undermine the benefit of it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Idea: Make players directly responsible for the card/equipment banlist of the format. Have an INGAME system that asked which card/equipment you'd like banned. Ban the top 10 (arbitary number by me, it can be any reasonable number). Each player gets 1 vote (or rather, if we intend to ban 10+ cards, 3 votes (cannot vote for the same more than once) in order to populate the list properly and not have 99/100 votes read Phenteo's Gift) after his first PVPE game and can hold it (not voting) for as long as they want. The banlist will be in effect for 2 (? arbitary) weeks at which point the voting will commence anew.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Idea: Make players directly responsible for the card/equipment banlist of the format. Have an INGAME system that asked which card/equipment you'd like banned. Ban the top 10 (arbitary number by me, it can be any reasonable number). Each player gets 1 vote (or rather, if we intend to ban 10+ cards, 3 votes (cannot vote for the same more than once) in order to populate the list properly and not have 99/100 votes read Phenteo's Gift) after his first PVPE game and can hold it (not voting) for as long as they want. The banlist will be in effect for 2 (? arbitary) weeks at which point the voting will commence anew.
      This sounds like a lot of development time. Just making a freeform challenge format where players can do whatever they want should be far easier and do what most want. For casual formats you don't need strict rules enforcement for what is legal - if someone is a dick and breaks the rules you agree to in your group, you just don't play with them any more.
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

Idea: Make players directly responsible for the card/equipment banlist of the format. Have an INGAME system that asked which card/equipment you'd like banned. Ban the top 10 (arbitary number by me, it can be any reasonable number). Each player gets 1 vote (or rather, if we intend to ban 10+ cards, 3 votes (cannot vote for the same more than once) in order to populate the list properly and not have 99/100 votes read Phenteo's Gift) after his first PVPE game and can hold it (not voting) for as long as they want. The banlist will be in effect for 2 (? arbitary) weeks at which point the voting will commence anew.
      This sounds like a lot of development time. Just making a freeform challenge format where players can do whatever they want should be far easier and do what most want. For casual formats you don't need strict rules enforcement for what is legal - if someone is a dick and breaks the rules you agree to in your group, you just don't play with them any more.
      Agreed. You don't need to enforce any rules when you are playing with your friends. I would build decks for maximum craziness and fun, to showcase all the insane interactions and off the wall synergies that are possible in HEX in the PvE environment, which I have been longing to do from the very beginning. That's why I have all the cards and equipment. Competitiveness would be the last thing in my mind. Just let us use everything. If you make the singleton format a reality with PvE cards, please also give us a format where everything goes. As a bonus, this feels like an easy task for the developers. Just unlock everything.
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

Honestly we just need a free form game mode that doesn't check for _any_ deck building restrictions. Just pick a champion / merc of your choice, play any number of / combination of cards, gems, whatever, (including less than 60), and let me challenge people on my buddy list to games with it.

Don't make the client enforce anything and you'd then be able to have people make all sorts of casual game modes they enjoy in other games.

Shoot it would even let us create Hex cubes we could draft outside of client and then build the decks in client and play with friends.
      This is what is really needed not some quasi pve thing.