Early 2018 PVE related request - New PVP(E) format!

• Arkansaw wrote:

Transience wrote:

Arkansaw wrote:

You know what? If they actually come clean and give a proper closure over the PvE/KS fiasco, we can accept that and move on.
      Just because you haven't gotten what you want yet doesn't mean it's a fiasco. I like PvE and am perfectly happy with what I got and what is promised to still come.
      Not for the people who paid because they were promised PvE content: kickstarter.com/projects/cze/h…rading-card-game/comments
      I am reasonably happy only because I made a point not to spend on PvE, and the way PvE is advertised as 'free'. If I started spending I will become increasingly unhappy due to poor marginal benefit.
      And those promises are still intended to be kept.

The only fiasco here is the unfortunate presence of people who have not learned to be patient.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • realistically, the most likely impact on pure pve players if this format succeeds would simply be that pve players would find it easier to cash out...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Transience wrote:

Arkansaw wrote:

Transience wrote:

Arkansaw wrote:

You know what? If they actually come clean and give a proper closure over the PvE/KS fiasco, we can accept that and move on.
      Just because you haven't gotten what you want yet doesn't mean it's a fiasco. I like PvE and am perfectly happy with what I got and what is promised to still come.
      Not for the people who paid because they were promised PvE content: kickstarter.com/projects/cze/h…rading-card-game/commentsI am reasonably happy only because I made a point not to spend on PvE, and the way PvE is advertised as 'free'. If I started spending I will become increasingly unhappy due to poor marginal benefit.
      And those promises are still intended to be kept.
      The only fiasco here is the unfortunate presence of people who have not learned to be patient.
      There is nothing to be patient about when people paid far in advance but were met with non-delivery, and subjected to systemic marginalization. If someone paid $100 4 years ago and did not have their product by now, are you going to pay more and expect a similar result?
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
    • Arkansaw wrote:

Transience wrote:

Arkansaw wrote:

Transience wrote:

Arkansaw wrote:

Not for the people who paid because they were promised PvE content: kickstarter.com/projects/cze/h…rading-card-game/commentsI am reasonably happy only because I made a point not to spend on PvE, and the way PvE is advertised as 'free'. If I started spending I will become increasingly unhappy due to poor marginal benefit.
      And those promises are still intended to be kept.The only fiasco here is the unfortunate presence of people who have not learned to be patient.
      There is nothing to be patient about when people paid far in advance but were met with non-delivery, and subjected to systemic marginalization. If someone paid $100 4 years ago and did not have their product by now, are you going to pay more and expect a similar result?
      I don't see why you can't be patient. Was there a promise that you would get something in 4 years?

Also; if you think that everything PvE that has been put out so far is equal to systemic marginalization you clearly are spoiled.
    • ... Well we PvE players are bein told to become hyrid players between PVE and PVP. Maybe this will make some PvP players hyrid players aswell. They maybe find playin against a AI not to their liking but if they wanna try out this format they have a incentive to play more of the PvE content to get the required cards. This will increase the traffic and amount of played pve content (for example ppl will buy more Kismet Packs) and HexEnt will be urged sooner/quicker to make more pve content because the demand is higher.

Me personally like the idea and the new possibilities to try this with my pve cards and equipment. I applaud Coach/ The Warden's his/their efforts and enthusiasm. Take it easy on the salt and hostility.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khaelen ().

• JeffHoogland wrote:

Arkansaw wrote:

There is nothing to be patient about when people paid far in advance but were met with non-delivery,
      You should re-read how kick starter works. You aren't pre-ordering a product. You are sending money to support an idea. Ideas change and adapt and so do projected timelines - especially with complex projects.
      Precisely. Although i understand Arkansaw's frustation, i'm not sure why this topic is the place to debate if HexEnt has broken/kept their KS promises. Coach pitched an idea that isnt really related to your post.
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

Arkansaw wrote:

There is nothing to be patient about when people paid far in advance but were met with non-delivery,
      You should re-read how kick starter works. You aren't pre-ordering a product. You are sending money to support an idea. Ideas change and adapt and so do projected timelines - especially with complex projects.
      ya I've always looked at Kickstarter as supporting a person, not a product. You're giving a person the chance to do something they've dreamed of doing. Whether it pans out or not, that's what you're doing. Whether it changes, etc.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Iono, I'm a Dungeon Crawler backer and I'm satisfied with what I got as PvE. My expectations were pretty minimal during the KS and alpha days. I knew when I backed, whether it be PvE or PvP, that nothing was guaranteed. And that was the mindset I had throughout the years playing HEX. I could either keep thinking about all the PvE things HEX aren't doing and be bitter about it, or I could play HEX and enjoy it for what it is, a digital trading card game.

I voted NO in the poll because I don't think it would be very fun. I don't think it would feel good as a player when your opponent do degenerate things to you that are not interactive.
    • if we will treat this as tool, not some kind of direct format to play, and use this for some community drive events, this might be suuuuuuuuuuuper cool and fun.

I'll provied 2 examples:

1. if someone had a chance to see keeps that Dino had on his stream, tool like this would be really cool and would give more fun and possibilities for such 'game/event' and can be done on more scale, even we could build someking similar to keeps without such feature ingame, it would be more manual but still, can be fun

2. Tribal war - with pve cards there is way easier to create tribal deck and way cheaper, simple event: every user who want to participate will be assignaed to 1 of tribal (this can be random or not) and have to build deck in this tribal, then every week he have to fight with X other players from different tribal or faction, if you loose Y times across whole event you are knocked out, at the end there will be winning tribal or faction (there are fights until single faction/tribal is alive). All rewards etc are splited among ppl who are alive in winning tribal/faction.

Of course this is doable without pve cards, but with them its WAY better, more fun, more possibilities etc ...
    • I do really think that simply changing the challenge option so you can play with any card and equipment you want as well as the mercs is a good idea. I don't feel anything about the suggested format but I could certainly see players organizing their own formats using a more versatile challenge option. For instance having the ability to play against each other using only PvP cards and no equipment, but with mercenaries. I think that is better than having HEX officially support just a new format. Eventually if any player created specific format turns out to be very successful they could always start to officially support it by then.
    • To all the members posting about their frustration over PVE and how this suggestion is not "really" PVE.
      • Read the OP. If you are going to make a comment on what I suggest at the very least have the respect to properly read the suggestion.
      • Stay on point! I get it, some of you are frustrated with the current state of PVE. You know what? The reason I created the Wardens of Entrath group and that I am making this thread is to help towards a healthier PVE for the game. If you do not like the idea, by all means comment on the idea. The one thing I would ask you guys to do is to avoid derailing the conversation over your own frustrations about PVE. This is not the thread to vent your frustration on. We already have many threads for that specific purpose, starting with this one: forums.hextcg.com/index.php?th…e-me-if-you-want-but-pve/ (it was especially made for that purpose and is still very active)
      Beyond that, if you still feel the need to voice that you don't want to participate, be a gentleman and follow Eraia's lead:

Eraia wrote:

No personally interested. I don't want more ways to play against people, I'm happy with the ways we have. I have nothing against the format, but I doubt I'd ever play it.
      See? Easy! No conspiracy theory, not trying to derail the conversation. You can even vote "No" if you feel like it! The reason I made this post was to survey what kind of interest I could get so knowing your opinion matters. Just try to stay on topic and read the OP carefully before posting about it!

About using equipment in a singleton 100 cards format

The point of using them is not improve consistency (although some equipment might). Most cards undergo a significant change when played with its equipment. In essence, it is like having multiple versions of the same card. Using equipment greatly improves the amount of available options for your deck building. It is like adding a few hundred cards in your toolbox. What is fun with a bigger singleton format is having a very wide range of options. Enabling equipment for deck building improves the format on that front.

About PS4 players and other consoles

These players already have access to a format that require cards they can't get outside of the auction house: Immortal. If they ever put something like PVP(E) in place for challenge between players, there is no reason to think they wouldn't be able to include "other platform" players in the mix with the same premise if they want to. Even more so, if it ever comes to that, you'll see a lot of PVE items increase in demand and value.

About increasing the value of PVE items

Literally anything in the game that increase the demand and value of PVE items will be greatly beneficial to all PVE players. It provides more incentive to play PVE (getting more value) and also increase player activity towards PVE, meaning that investing in PVE becomes that much more interesting business wise.

Yes, there are many other ways outside of the one I suggest to increase demand, value and popularity of PVE items. However, it doesn't mean that they would be easier to implement, or that this suggestion wouldn't achieve significant results (always with the premise that it becomes popular, which would be true for any other initiative towards the same goals)
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Yasi wrote:

I voted NO in the poll because I don't think it would be very fun. I don't think it would feel good as a player when your opponent do degenerate things to you that are not interactive.
      One of the main reason I suggest singleton format with a bigger deck size to specifically to avoid that. I did try to create many decks following the format and tested them a bit against the AI in FRA. This is a small sample size granted, but I believe I have had enough experience building PVE decks to have a good idea of the power level of such decks. It will be nearly impossible to have the big, non interactive synergies in a format like that, even more so if we get increased health pool.

Did you have something in mind (combination of cards with/without equip) that would likely make this a non-interactive format?
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • CoachFliperon wrote:

Did you have something in mind (combination of cards with/without equip) that would likely make this a non-interactive format?
      Yeah, but I'm not going to tell you about it, baka. Saving it for the 100k Heroes Invitational. Joking aside, yeah, there are turn 2, 3 and turn 4 OTK singletons when we include PvE stuff (excluding Xocoy). There's probably a turn 1 too.

With a deck size of 100 it'll just make it harder for the opposing player to answer.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yasi ().

• CoachFliperon wrote:

See? Easy! No conspiracy theory, not trying to derail the conversation
      I think the issue people are having is that you're proposing this as something for pve players... when really it's targeted at casual pvp players.

The phrasing of it is the reason some people are getting annoyed. This doesn't help PvE players, really, except if they're trying to cash out(by making it easier to sell cards). But it DOES have the potential to help the game as a whole(if it succeeds which I'm still skeptical of but there's no point in discussing that here)... and there's no reason to try to be upset about every suggestion that isn't designed to help me personally... that'd be silly.

• I think for anything PvP with PvE stuff you need to randomize the PvE cards. Like EVO PvE or something. Enter with PvE packs (Dungeon packs) + Plat (PvP pack cost) maybe. Maybe this will give people an incentive to farm dungeon packs.

I think the work required to implement this is minimal, no? Just EVO mode with PvE packs and Plat. Since PvE packs have equipments in them you can throw in more core commons or some shit.
    • I'm in favor of casual formats, be it predetermined in game (like Heroes) or just the option to have no deck and card restrictions in the deck builder.

And I would like to say to some pve players (not all, of course) that please, leave this game. It is clear that you don't like the current status, you don't like to where it is going (something based on nothing that your own prejudices)... so, why keep posting in the forum the same post over and over again? We get it, you wanted one thing, you didn't get what you want. I'm sorry for you. But for your mental health, please, do yourself a favor and don't come back.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

I'm in favor of casual formats, be it predetermined in game (like Heroes) or just the option to have no deck and card restrictions in the deck builder.

And I would like to say to some pve players (not all, of course) that please, leave this game. It is clear that you don't like the current status, you don't like to where it is going (something based on nothing that your own prejudices)... so, why keep posting in the forum the same post over and over again? We get it, you wanted one thing, you didn't get what you want. I'm sorry for you. But for your mental health, please, do yourself a favor and don't come back.
      If PvE is nothing more than a sideshow/minigame, Hex should have the decency to say that openly, and not allow PvP players to make a mockery of the situation.

If "PvE-related" is used as a bait to propose PvP modes, kickstarter discussion cannot be avoided since nothing can be more related to PvE than PvE itself. Elephant in the room
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
    • Transience wrote:

Ertzi wrote:

JeffHoogland wrote:

The people jumping down coach's throat in this thread saying it isn't PVE are ridiculous. He said this idea was "PVE related" and called it "PVP(E)". He is right - playing with PVE cards does make it PVE related. It isn't actually PVE by definition, but Coach never said it was.

We get it - this isn't what you want. You want more just PVE content. Not everyone wants the exact same thing though. Stop jumping on people who want things different from you. TCGs are great because they can be enjoyed in a lot of different ways. If someone asks about something you aren't interested in personally, just ignore it and move on. You don't have to play every feature Hex has to offer.
      Really easy to say when PvP is your focus, and your favorite format gets all sorts of goodies and support at every opportunity. Of course you are happy with the status quo and maybe even get annoyed with the cries of us PvE people. Brace yourself, because these cries are not going to lessen without real progress with PvE pretty soon. Every thread with the letters "PVE" will be volatile in the current climate. HexEnt has the power to fix this though.
      So what you're basically saying is that you're consciously planning on exhibiting volatile behavior until the company gives you what you want with no regard for whether giving you what you want is a sound business decision or not?
      No. What I'm saying is what I actually wrote. Don't ever put words in my mouth.

JeffHoogland wrote:

Do you have any idea how many PVP specific features I want that don't exist? Yet I don't liter piles of other threads with what I want in off topic posts thinking it will get me my way.
      Maybe not shift focus from the topic by attacking PvE players then?

JeffHoogland wrote:

Let people like things. If you don't like what Hex is doing / they are going in a direction you don't like act like an adult - make you own NEW post saying why you are unhappy and then speak with your time and your wallet and go do something else until what you want out of the game happens. Don't make the lives of the other players who are contributing here annoying because you are annoyed with decisions Hex has made. The players aren't picking what gets done - stop spamming their threads.
      Really disappointing post. Derogatory remarks are never constructive. I hold Exalted members to a higher standard. I will not lower myself to responding in the same tone.