Early 2018 PVE related request - New PVP(E) format!

    • New

      @CoachFliperon

      idea of having format with all possible stuff like eq/pve cards is great, but restricting it to singleton or 100 cards isnt best idea for 1st iteration. It should be wide open, give some time to people to test, do crazy thing ... and then start creating some format.

      1st phase with full sandbox, without limits, later on we can figure out which format would be balanced and cool to play
    • New

      schild wrote:

      No one is stopping you, but to oppose something you can ignore and would be invisible to you otherwise but your collection is magically worth more is just

      Well it's really something
      Increased collection value and extra player activity is definitely something and arguably *any* new content that retains players generates said something but if the actual content is ignored by players that truly understand the 'E' in PVE then how valuable is said something to those players? Can they get hours of enjoyment from the something they are ignoring?

      I think I know the answer.

      That PS4 release was really something, wasn't it.
    • New

      The extra health is of course needed for EDH. :)

      I don't think using PvE cards (especially equipment) in PvP is something you can really balance to the point that it becomes reasonable. I understand that some people want to try it, but to make it into an official format seems like a waste of time. They could create a Wild West option in the deckbuilder and enable those decks for challenge play.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • New

      Transience wrote:

      The extra health is of course needed for EDH. :)

      I don't think using PvE cards (especially equipment) in PvP is something you can really balance to the point that it becomes reasonable. I understand that some people want to try it, but to make it into an official format seems like a waste of time. They could create a Wild West option in the deckbuilder and enable those decks for challenge play.
      there might be 2 formats with and without pve stuff, core is same but extended version with pve
    • New

      The people jumping down coach's throat in this thread saying it isn't PVE are ridiculous. He said this idea was "PVE related" and called it "PVP(E)". He is right - playing with PVE cards does make it PVE related. It isn't actually PVE by definition, but Coach never said it was.

      We get it - this isn't what you want. You want more just PVE content. Not everyone wants the exact same thing though. Stop jumping on people who want things different from you. TCGs are great because they can be enjoyed in a lot of different ways. If someone asks about something you aren't interested in personally, just ignore it and move on. You don't have to play every feature Hex has to offer.
    • New

      JeffHoogland wrote:

      The people jumping down coach's throat in this thread saying it isn't PVE are ridiculous. He said this idea was "PVE related" and called it "PVP(E)". He is right - playing with PVE cards does make it PVE related. It isn't actually PVE by definition, but Coach never said it was.

      We get it - this isn't what you want. You want more just PVE content. Not everyone wants the exact same thing though. Stop jumping on people who want things different from you. TCGs are great because they can be enjoyed in a lot of different ways. If someone asks about something you aren't interested in personally, just ignore it and move on. You don't have to play every feature Hex has to offer.
      Really easy to say when PvP is your focus, and your favorite format gets all sorts of goodies and support at every opportunity. Of course you are happy with the status quo and maybe even get annoyed with the cries of us PvE people. Brace yourself, because these cries are not going to lessen without real progress with PvE pretty soon. Every thread with the letters "PVE" will be volatile in the current climate. HexEnt has the power to fix this though.
    • New

      Yasi wrote:

      I'm afraid that if we do get this mode implemented that we'll just have more people upset about no pve update. I'd rather CZE do what Jeff suggested in this thread instead of this heroes format.
      You know what? If they actually come clean and give a proper closure over the PvE/KS fiasco, we can accept that and move on. At that point, they can rebrand the game as Jeff's hextcg, Yasi's hextcg, Funktion's hextcg or whatever. Until then, stop hijacking the idea of PvE/MMO to advance PvP players' agenda. Of course it is a moot point now that any poll is effectively polling PvP players on their idea of 'PvE'
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
    • New

      Ertzi wrote:

      JeffHoogland wrote:

      The people jumping down coach's throat in this thread saying it isn't PVE are ridiculous. He said this idea was "PVE related" and called it "PVP(E)". He is right - playing with PVE cards does make it PVE related. It isn't actually PVE by definition, but Coach never said it was.

      We get it - this isn't what you want. You want more just PVE content. Not everyone wants the exact same thing though. Stop jumping on people who want things different from you. TCGs are great because they can be enjoyed in a lot of different ways. If someone asks about something you aren't interested in personally, just ignore it and move on. You don't have to play every feature Hex has to offer.
      Really easy to say when PvP is your focus, and your favorite format gets all sorts of goodies and support at every opportunity. Of course you are happy with the status quo and maybe even get annoyed with the cries of us PvE people. Brace yourself, because these cries are not going to lessen without real progress with PvE pretty soon. Every thread with the letters "PVE" will be volatile in the current climate. HexEnt has the power to fix this though.
      So what you're basically saying is that you're consciously planning on exhibiting volatile behavior until the company gives you what you want with no regard for whether giving you what you want is a sound business decision or not?
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • New

      Arkansaw wrote:

      You know what? If they actually come clean and give a proper closure over the PvE/KS fiasco, we can accept that and move on.
      Just because you haven't gotten what you want yet doesn't mean it's a fiasco. I like PvE and am perfectly happy with what I got and what is promised to still come.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • New

      Arkansaw wrote:

      Until then, stop hijacking the idea of PvE/MMO to advance PvP players' agenda.
      Nowhere does Coach say his idea is "PVE" again - he said it is "PVE related" which it is because he wants to use cards that until now were only used in PVE.


      Transience wrote:

      So what you're basically saying is that you're consciously planning on exhibiting volatile behavior until the company gives you what you want with no regard for whether giving you what you want is a sound business decision or not?
      That is how I read it. Basically like my toddler, screaming when they don't get what they want hoping that it will get them their way.

      Ertzi wrote:

      Really easy to say when PvP is your focus, and your favorite format gets all sorts of goodies and support at every opportunity. Of course you are happy with the status quo and maybe even get annoyed with the cries of us PvE people. Brace yourself, because these cries are not going to lessen without real progress with PvE pretty soon. Every thread with the letters "PVE" will be volatile in the current climate. HexEnt has the power to fix this though.
      Do you have any idea how many PVP specific features I want that don't exist? Yet I don't liter piles of other threads with what I want in off topic posts thinking it will get me my way. When singles night and rock formats got introduced I didn't show up to those threads and say:

      "Hey I'm a big PVP player, I play a lot. I don't like this feature, why did you spend time on it?"

      I shrugged and thought:

      "Hey that seems neat. I'll never play it, but seems like something others might enjoy"

      Let people like things. If you don't like what Hex is doing / they are going in a direction you don't like act like an adult - make you own NEW post saying why you are unhappy and then speak with your time and your wallet and go do something else until what you want out of the game happens. Don't make the lives of the other players who are contributing here annoying because you are annoyed with decisions Hex has made. The players aren't picking what gets done - stop spamming their threads.
    • New

      Transience wrote:

      Arkansaw wrote:

      You know what? If they actually come clean and give a proper closure over the PvE/KS fiasco, we can accept that and move on.
      Just because you haven't gotten what you want yet doesn't mean it's a fiasco. I like PvE and am perfectly happy with what I got and what is promised to still come.
      Not for the people who paid because they were promised PvE content: kickstarter.com/projects/cze/h…rading-card-game/comments

      I am reasonably happy only because I made a point not to spend on PvE, and the way PvE is advertised as 'free'. If I started spending I will become increasingly unhappy due to poor marginal benefit.
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"