Priceguide to HEX collections

• Priceguide to HEX collections

New

I bougth 3 Hex collections so far,

I don't like to loose money when buying a collection because I have to put 100s of hours of listing cards to sell all the unwanted stuff.
      So how much should you pay for a collection?

At - hex.tcgbrowser.com - you can see gold and plat value of a collection.
      As 95% of all cards cant be sold for plat. Dont look at plat value only look at gold value.

Say a collection have a value for 1 mill gold then you should be able to sell all the cards for around 500.000 gold quickly.
      Bankerbot will convert that to around 2000 plat. 2000 plat is 10 PvP booster which sell for around $ 10 online.

So if you dont want to loose money don't pay mone than $ 10 per mill gold value.
      All the colletion I bougth so far have been $ 10 per mill.
      Seen 2-3 colllections which got sold and I didn't buy at $ 10-12 per mill.

Ofcause there are alwasy overpriced collections that never sell.

If you have a big collection and want max price I would advice sell everything at AH. Use bankerbot to get plat. When we get a new set buy boosters and sell the boosters for cash.
      This can be tons of work but if seller of a collection don't do this work buyer have to do it and buyer need to be compensated.

Equipment are so hard to sell so I dont really put a value on it - just a small bonus for the buyer.
    • New

How do you deal with cards that don't tend to sell in gold because they are too valuable? If I look at the value of my collection on hex.tcgbrowser, about 10 of the top 15 "cards" (many of which are actually mercs) when I sort by plat value have a gold value of 0 because they haven't sold for gold recently. Is the idea that these just help counterbalance the vast majority of trash cards that will never sell for any amount?
    • New

Opalia wrote:

As 95% of all cards cant be sold for plat. Dont look at plat value only look at gold value.
      Can you explain this a little better?

Why can't 95% not be sold for plat but can be sold for gold? Have you tested this or is it based on some other data gathering?

Are you implying that you've sold all the unwanted cards from both collections for gold? (So you both sold all the cards and you sold all of them for gold on the AH?)
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • New

Not trying to dispute anything Opalia is saying, but I also tend to use the price filters on hex.tcgbrowser and limit it to cards that are only above 102 plat when valuing a collection. Those are generally the money cards that you're going to sell. Take the plat value and convert to dollars (100 plat = $1) and then give a rough estimate and say you're going to get about 30% of that back (considering people buy cards for roughly 60% of the value in plat, and you can maybe sell half of those cards them easily).

I have no idea if those numbers actually make sense. I'm tired. Need to go to sleep. But I just used both methods on my collection, and while my number is a little higher than the $10-12 per mil gold, it's in the same ballpark.

TLDR; Use the price filter on hex.tcgbrowswer to get a good idea of the collection's "value".
    • New

Buying at $ 10 per mill give me a small profit but it is like $ 1 per hour spend at AH.
      So HEX trading pay my coffee.

pjvedder methode of pricing also sound fine.

If cards are listed at AH for plat there are some minimum prices that are higher than card value.
      Most cards listed at AH end unsold (maybe 90% unsold)
      So to sell cards I have to list cards at low prices.
      All commons PvP cards I list for gold.
      All uncomons PvP cards I list for gold.
      Around 66% of all rare PvP cards also for gold.
      Around 4% of all Legendary PvP cards also for gold.
      most other cards I list for gold.

Atm I have 5000 cards at AH with price in gold and 5 cards with price in plat.

I have a data base with all cards prices. I convert all plat selling prices to gold.
      Data on cards from PVP booster from set 1 to 8:
      C PvP different cards in HEX 852 of thise 46 had a median price of 4 plat or more. (So 5% might be listed for plat)
      UC PvP different cards 566 in HEX of thise 382 had a median price of 11 plat or more. (So 33% might be listed for plat)

R PvP different cards 631 in HEX of thise 276 had a median price of 31 plat or more. (So 56% might be listed for plat)

L PvP different cards 150 in HEX of thise 145 had a median price of 51 plat or more. (So 97% might be listed for plat)

Often in collections there have not more than need 5% hot cards I could sell for plat fast.
    • New

pjvedder wrote:

Not trying to dispute anything Opalia is saying, but I also tend to use the price filters on hex.tcgbrowser and limit it to cards that are only above 102 plat when valuing a collection. Those are generally the money cards that you're going to sell. Take the plat value and convert to dollars (100 plat = $1) and then give a rough estimate and say you're going to get about 30% of that back (considering people buy cards for roughly 60% of the value in plat, and you can maybe sell half of those cards them easily).

I have no idea if those numbers actually make sense. I'm tired. Need to go to sleep. But I just used both methods on my collection, and while my number is a little higher than the $10-12 per mil gold, it's in the same ballpark.

TLDR; Use the price filter on hex.tcgbrowswer to get a good idea of the collection's "value".
      I also only take 102+ cards in consideration but I use 170 plat is $1 since I could essentially on average buy boosters for $1 and sell them on the AH for 170 plat on average.
    • New

Everyone thinks their collection is worth a million plat and they don't understand that Hex.tcgbrowser's prices aren't accurate due to issues with price floors, how they calculate their value and there is a plat to cash ratio. Also there is a very small amount of people who are willing to pay a retail price who are buying to use the cards, that's like end of the rainbow situation. Most people buying are doing so to liquidate the account.
    • New

I have bought five collections so far and honestly the value that you guys are speaking of is true of course if you want to make the profit in like 30-50% margins. I am not saying I have been buying for much higher than you guys are posting here but honestly I know that I will gain just about 30-50% from that transaction so saying that it only pays for a coffee is not being honest in my opinion. That being said I think thats at least worth for the time lost and the work done, but just to educate on the real value I wouldn't just look at gold which takes out cards like spectral oaks and some other high end cards which were never been sold for gold (or if sold for pennies by mistake). One more problem with this is that after taking the gold value you are essentially halving it and then calculating the price, which I can't find the reason for unless just cutting price to gain more? The problem with the plat variant though is that even though I can understand the common/ucnommons and even equips coming as bonus, I can not understand the cards which range from 32+ plat range which are essentially in the easy to sell range as well. So just to educate you I won't value my or your collection at the prices listed above.
    • New

As for the 32 to 101 range; it's probably the dividing point were it feels like you have to put more work in to sell them than you gain profit for. Listing 1 100 plat card 10 times before it's sold is maybe reasonable, listing a 50 plat card 10 times may be not.

Edit: I know you trade a lot so I'm assuming it feels like less of a struggle to you than to an average seller.