Disparity in Pricing - PS4 v PC Auction House

• Disparity in Pricing - PS4 v PC Auction House

I'm going to drop a few bucks on the PS4 version of HEX because I like to play on the couch. I thought I'd check to make sure the AH's are consistent with each other. On PC, "Arena Regular" is listed at 3p-4p for buyout, while on PS4 it costs 44p! Is there any reason for this disparity? I was under the impression that the PS4 price was the lowest-cost buyout in the current listings, but that's clearly not the case here.

Here are images of the prices on both interfaces

44p is actually the highest listed buyout, so I don't know why that's the price on PS4.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Trubbuh ().

• Disparity in Pricing - PS4 v PC Auction House

I'm going to drop a few bucks on the PS4 version of HEX because I like to play on the couch. I thought I'd check to make sure the AH's are consistent with each other. On PC, "Arena Regular" is listed at 3p-4p for buyout, while on PS4 it costs 44p! Is there any reason for this disparity? I was under the impression that the PS4 price was the lowest-cost buyout in the current listings, but that's clearly not the case here.

Here are images of the prices on both interfaces

44p is actually the highest listed buyout, so I don't know why that's the price on PS4.
    • It's a flawed system to begin with. People said this was going to happen when they first heard about how the ps4 AH was set up. No list of current prices, no past pricing data, no information whatsoever. So players just have to blindly buy whatever listing they are presented at the time. Hex knows full well how much price manipulation goes on in standalone client's AH, now they give people even less information. Not a great system, least they could do was point ps4 players to outside sources like hexprice or tcgbrowser.
    • I think the problem with PS4 quickbuy/quicksell is that they can't choose 4P over the 44P. The system finds the "lowest price" and you have no option to look at same item on other price. And the system probably is stupid enough to see a 1P bid with 44P buyout to be the cheapest, I guess, that or it's a bug. Either way, this function on PS4 is just so bad to the new players.
    • I think the problem is that the PS4 client tries to purchase a specific arena regular, i.e. from a specific set. So if the only Regular from that set (set X) is listed with 44p, and an older Regular (Set Y) is at 4p, you will only see 44p, as that's the lowest buyout for Arena Regular from Set X.

A workaround might be to look up the older Regular in your card collection (or wherever you buy cards in the PS4 client) and choose to buy a copy of that one; the price should then be 4p.
    • Good observation. If that's the case, then I take back on the PS4 quickbuy being stupid. Though I think they should create a system that check on all Arena Regulars and get the cheapest one. New players, which we can safely assume the majority of PS4 players are, are not going to understand set and reprint right away. Even if they are from say, MTG, how are they going to know if any card is reprinted at the first day of playing anyway.
    • DraXor wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

Is it the same Arena Regular? It has been reprinted once and maybe even added to core commons, I don't remember.
      I thought same thing, those 3-4p can be old set and this 44p can be newest. But still, no matter which set it is its same playable arena regular and should be seen in ps4 client.
      Wrong. QuickBuy is looking for Arena Regular OF A SPECIFIC SET whereas typing Arena Regular in the AH it will show ALL of them.
    • Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. The people who are talking about the fact that the cards are linked to the set are correct. When you look at the quick buy option for the Arena Regular that is from Shattered Destiny, you see the cards that are up on the Auction House from that set only. Same as when you do that for any core common. I have passed this on to engineering and they are looking into a fix for it.