Constructed - Defining a meta (supporting all constructed formats now)

• Constructed - Defining a meta (supporting all constructed formats now)

So... Even though there are wonderful community tools for analyzing the meta game like PvPtools and various articles about select top decks from member of the community, Hex lacks any clear way to simply check current perfomance of the decks. Yes one could try to get the information from PvPtools, but one would then have to check the various tourney and keep counting how many times they see a deck, or keep comparing win rates of decks in the ladder.

So instead I decided to create a simple tier list based on tournament perfomance for when one does want to simply check how well a deck is performing and what are the current top threats.

Standard:

soon

Last update: coming soon

Rock:

soon

Immortal:

soon

Singleton:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…nwxGo3mhw2oVXM/edit#gid=0

Last update: Singles Night Thu Jan 04 2018 05:03:04 (UTC +1)

I'm using the definition of tier that we also use in the YGO community which is defined by how often a deck top 8s(or 3-0's results for rock). With:
      • Tier 3 - 1% to 5%
      • Tier 2 - 5% to 15%
      • Tier 1 - 15% to 65%
      Also, additional classification for Rogue (decks that have topped but not enough to be put in a tier) and Tier 0(reserved for when a deck controls an absolute majority of the Meta, like Candlekin in Rock right now).

This also accounts for different tourneys giving more weight for tops of certain tourney.(a higher class means more weight)
      • Class 3 - CCS (no equivalent in immortal)
      • Class 2 - Bash and Five Shards Monthly(in immortal the Hexprimal Championship)
      • Class 1 - Arcanum Vault, Five Shards Weekly and VIP constructed(in Immortal the weeklies)
      In the end the formula for points awarded for each deck is simply: ((C3 tops *3) + (C2 tops *2) + C3 tops) .

Just keep in mind that here the meta and tiers are defined by tournament presence/dominance and not how powerful the deck is (even though both are correlated) and the first one is easier to quantify . Also, I am certainly not qualified to make this judgement call on how good a deck is and this is merely data aggregation.

The intent of this list is not to define what is good or bad, but simply to give players a easy and quicky way to check what does the meta consist of and how much. This can be useful for new players to know what are the meta decks and giving them a starting point to undertand the meta(i.e firstly giving Tier 1/2 decks a check) but, also, to give players a info to help decide on what decks they should be concentrating their reserves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Formats:

Standard:

Immortal:

Rock:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.: Some additional notes:

Expect tier 3 to be bloated early in the format.

Decks are only separated by Shards and Champions as it not only makes easier to get the data from PvPtools. Also other kinda divisions would be more arbitrary.

Since the 25th Nov Bash wasn't posted by the API to PvPtools, so needed to take the decks from the Bash vod from the twitch channel. So I goin to post which decks those were if any of the top 8 players want to confirm that i din't miss a random third shard that they were running(unlikely)

• Ali-Eldrazi - D/S Adonni
      • icecon - D/S Adonni (confirmed)
      • StewardUlk - D/S Adonni (confirmed)
      • Traxym - Diamond/Wild Lady Avalanche
      • Master Mattchu- R/D Haraza (confirmed)
      • Ricochetty - D/R Haraza
      • Shinshire - B/D Bar'dak (confirmed)
      • Blueperfection B/D Bar'dak

EDIT: forgot to give permission for the doc to be viewed now it should work. I am so sorry.
      HEX forums resident liker.

The post was edited 64 times, last by ReluxTheRelux ().

• Wow, people liked this way more than I expected. I decided to add a shard breakdown for the decks, as a few people asked about "X" Shard.

To see it just click "Shard Breakdown" in the Bottom left.

Also, if people want I would also do similar things for immortal, rock and singleton formats.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ReluxTheRelux ().

• Warrender wrote:

I don't suppose you could start tracking Immortal decks as well?
      Well I said I was going to lol. (see post above ;) ) I am going to post after the first weekly tonight.

Singleton I decided to post after the two tourney next week just have more data.(2 tourneys of data is really not enough to have anything meaningful)
    • Yes, currently I am gathering manually as it not very time consuming (generally less than 5 min to update a sheet after a tourney) thanks to just having to check the results in PvPtools once or twice a day. I think that might be possible but I first have to check the Google Sheets script, its API and the Hex server API.

If people find that updating the sheets daily is not fast enough I will write a script to gather data.

P.S: Using this post just tell that the Fight Nights and Five Shards of this week are still missing.

EDIT: now it is updated with fiveshards and fight nights of this week.

The post was edited 3 times, last by ReluxTheRelux ().