Friday Update! 12.01.17

• Friday Update! 12.01.17

is it Friday? I honestly have no idea, the days have blended and blurred into one long day... never ending... GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?? WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME! did I say that? what I meant to say is FRIDAY is here for all the MOFOS in the land HOORAY!, Friday the best of days.... the only day as far as I knowwwwwwwyaarkkkkkk...... *eyes roll back into head / projectile vomit florescent blue foam* cue synthesizer music (fuck ya)

Its Friday here at HEX HQ and that can mean only one thing... WHERE THE HELL IS JARED FRIDAY!?! yes every Friday we look to Jared's empty desk and wonder "where the hell is Jared?" and that's how the rest of Friday goes... just a lot of questions and NO answers... but come Monday we typically find a a large color illustration slid under the main door of the office... that's when we know is time to FIND JARED... yes its FIND JARED MONDAY! ya know... after WHERE THE HELL IS JARED FRIDAY!?! we segway into FIND JARED MONDAY! As it turns out, small child Jared insulted an evil children's book illustrator (its well know that some of the most notoriously evil people in all of history where children's book illustrators... who could forget Charlie Manson's disturbing toddler pop up book... "PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY") anyway its unclear what Jared did to piss off the artist but it must have been bad, as every Friday Jared is whisked away to star in another terrible drawing and every Monday we are forced to "find" him and break the spell.
      lucky the picture came early and you can help us find Jared....
      (give me a break, they cant all be winners)

So how about that Update on the Update!?
      Not a huge Friday update this week, clearly we scrambled to get you a GIANT content push before the holiday! And I hope everyone is still enjoying the new set as much as I am... rediscovering my love of constructed after an absolute GLUTTONY of Kismet Drafting. the Puzzle of exploring the new meta is very exciting, plus I love seeing cards like EYE OF WINTER finding a new life! Personally I have been playing around with DREAM'S END.... that card is bananas, seems like a bunch of cards are ready to be used and abused in this new meta :)
      The crazy thing is set 9 is populating the internal client as we speak and we had our second 5 day session of thematics this week... some really fun stuff coming (one of my favorite characters ever is in set 9)...

what next in the Update Update?
      NEW tournament types! as we explore ways to broaden the type of experience you can have playing HEX and really lean into what makes HEX special... the ability to give players a chance to be both creative and competitive! I really like these sorts of wacky and challenging formats... hopefully we can continue support my eccentric deck habit!

Speaking of Kismet... yes the drafts are over but you CAN open the packs you squirreled away OR wait until we see the return of KISMET and use them to draft (or sell them on the auction house!), yes KISMET draft will return at some point but no guarantee on when... and to be clear when it does return the pool of cards will be very different and the cards in the packs you already own will change.

finally of note on this update and at the very end (but not least).... we have a new series of articles focused on our limited format and that first article by HAVOC is BONKERS... seriously check it out HERE
      so well done, thank you HAVOC for putting so much hard work into this... its great!!!

quick update on the EU build for PS4, we are down to one server related bug and had hoped to get it launched early next week, sadly until we get this last issue figured out its not happening. We feel confident the engineering team will have it squared away shortly and we will have good news in the near future. We also supplied most the info necessary and are full steam ahead on the Japanese build for PS4! And as I mentioned we have been testing the tablet version, and hopefully have some more info to share on that shortly!

Hope you have a great weekend, love you
      cory!
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

quick update on the EU build for PS4, we are down to one server related bug and had hoped to get it launched early next week, sadly until we get this last issue figured out its not happening. We feel confident the engineering team will have it squared away shortly and we will have good news in the near future. We also supplied most the info necessary and are full steam ahead on the Japanese build for PS4! And as I mentioned we have been testing the tablet version, and hopefully have some more info to share on that shortly!
      Great news on the progression of new clients! Hopefully EU and Japan are going to push this even further. I cannot wait to see the impact of the tablet client as well! On that note, besides cross play, will the tablet client be mostly the same as the console client or is it one with its own interface different than the console ones?

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

finally of note on this update and at the very end (but not least).... we have a new series of articles focused on our limited format and that first article by HAVOC is BONKERS... seriously check it out HERE
      so well done, thank you HAVOC for putting so much hard work into this... its great!!!
      So true, this is a great article. I learned a lot, and I hope to learn more from future ones.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

Cool.

Hope we get more news (or something more) on other important game aspects when this all (porting) is out of the way, maybe January/February '18.
    • Eraia wrote:

HEXCoryJones wrote:

So true, this is a great article. I learned a lot, and I hope to learn more from future ones.
      Ty both :) I put a lot of effort into it and the vids, so it's nice to get feedback like this. Oh and I read that as HAVOC is BONERS at first... lol

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • As a kid, I would spend hours upon hours deciding which character in the where's waldo page would end up winning in a prolonged fight to the death vs the other characters on the page. Who would steal the spear from the other only so that they could impale someone else with it? Would Waldo actually wind up living through some strange fluke of luck ala Mr. Bean or would he die a horrible death? (He would almost always remain invincible through some dumb luck of spears being thrown and him evading the crossfire)

Good times!