Collector AAs?

• I believe the AA voting was clarified for the VIP promos or some other tournament, not collector. It doesn't really make sense to make a poll for collector cards when so few people could participate.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Oooo, fascinating development. Thanks for giving us a vote Hexent! What do you think fellow Collectors? I use Floriana in two of my favorite decks PVE, so I'm all in there. Not sure about the second. PVE player... so not going Brink. x_x

The post was edited 1 time, last by Core ().

• Ok well, I was definitely wrong.

Personally I went with Baroness and Demented Destiny. Baroness art is hideous right now, but the card would make a neat commander. Demented Destiny reminds me of Memory Plunder, one of my favorite commander cards. Two mana, take something out of their graveyard is pretty fair.

Like I've said before, though, I'm looking for non-linear mechanics in my cards, and preferably stuff that'd be good in EDH. Brink of Madness is fine too, though. That'll be some serious value for collectors.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Urrggs. I was hoping for Light the Votives (even though it's Set 7) for an AA. That card's missing in my collection dearly.

As for the vote, Baroness Floriana is no-brainer for me: I don't have any, and to me it looks playable in PvE.
      Second up would be Brink of Madness... wait - it's banned for PvE. CRAP. Is it worth enough to PvP players to have that, so I can at least trade it away?

Light 'Em Up maybe playable (hasn't come through in my FRA runs yet), but I got my playset.

Demented Destiny reinforces the Mill mechanic, which is far from being my favorite.

The Skylance Captain is too fragile for my tastes.

Does that leave the Leprachaun as the only (for me at least) sensible choice?
      Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader (when is that going to do anything?)

AstaSyneri of Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council- the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    • Alchemy wrote:

Two Questions:

1) when are we getting Brink of Madness and Light em Up to finish the 2017 cycle 6/6?
      2) when can we start voting on The first two AA for 2018 cycle?

Think July 2017 was the last time we got a batch of Collector AA
      asking questions on the official forums... how dare are you!

You really expect an answer? You should know the answer already ... soon!
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • I think everyone would appreciate if the collector AA's were sent out as soon as voting finishes... just slap the default art on them and update the art later when it's ready.

This allows players to get their cards asap but also has the added benefit of allowing players to sell their unwanted copies which = more supply = lower prices for everyone else.

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • Wolzarg wrote:

While i don't disagree that speed is preferred the point of these cards is the art if we don't know the art its hard to know if you want to buy them.
      So the above situation wouldn't change anything for you... as you would wait to find out... however that doesn't mean it isn't benefiting everyone else and when I mentioned selling, I was more pointing out the fact that people who get the AA's can sell any non-AA's they get.

Edit: I guess one downside is people may accidentally sell the AA version since it would have the regular art... so maybe just slap something temporary on there to distinguish it.

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • Alchemy wrote:

Two Questions:

1) when are we getting Brink of Madness and Light em Up to finish the 2017 cycle 6/6?
      2) when can we start voting on The first two AA for 2018 cycle?

Think July 2017 was the last time we got a batch of Collector AA
      They usually patch art and all major stuff when a set comes out. Then you have small patches to fix stuff then nothing for a long time .

Based on that and the fact that they need to commission the art I would say that we will get them with set 9 patch

This effectively delays cards by 1 card set since we normally get them with the cards original patch (. Set 8 should of been the normal AA distribution)

Now I hope people don’t complain about that . We have been crying to have choices now we do which does effectively affect the delivery date . It’s just something we need to live with .
    • It's been a while, but agreed with the above. I'd far rather have a choice and a long wait than get another AA Dauntless Rootshaper.

The new voting system is fantastic... even despite there being no love for Floriana. QQ

Happy to be patient.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Core ().