Collector AAs?

• I'd definitely like Spellstorm Titan, but unfortunately it's already got an AA (I'm guessing from the chests.)

Other options as I browse tcgbrowser:
      - Sunlit Sentence
      - Nameless Pact
      - Malevolent Migo
      - Nameless Devourer

A couple others caught my eye as good card candidates, but honestly, this art is spot on in many cases, and they didn't need new art.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • AxelDWater wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Needle wrote:

So Shamrock and Voidstar it will be, I'm ok with that.
      aren't those legendaries? Haven't most of the collector AAs typically been rares?
      Maybe they will make collector' deck for us to buy including one or two of those cards.
      Next collector deck is going to be candles with AAA lyvaanth in it

Needle wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Needle wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Needle wrote:

So Shamrock and Voidstar it will be, I'm ok with that.
      aren't those legendaries? Haven't most of the collector AAs typically been rares?
      I know, but if they let us vote.But if they go with rares again, it's cool too.
      Only one issue with picking shamrock and voidstar they already have stellar art the AA couldn't top that. I remember CMK and part of what made it so valuable was that the art was AMAZING! and obviously that it was played like nobodys buisness. A good choice would more likely be pathfinder mind you neo makes a great ranger but not having to form the card after a specific person could let them make even better art for that one for example.Another interesting choice that hasn't been done yet would be AA wax sacrament those two would probably be my pick for rares if it was up to me. Both cards are valuable and both have art that it would be interesting to see a different take on.
      Well, looking at rares that could use better art, my picks would be:
      - Brink of Madness
      - Quenchinator
      - Striding Syzygon

- Hyperborean Huntmaster
      - Spellstorm Titan
      - Heartsworn Draxard
      I like brink of madness art
      quenchinator already has a AA
      Striding syzygon is animated which would take extra work while also pissong off collectors as the card is worth nothing

huntmaster i mean maybe
      spellstorm already has a AA and personally both normal and AA art is sweet if you ask me
      Heartsworn Draxard you are clearly insane that art is crazy good.

Obsidian wrote:

I'd definitely like Spellstorm Titan, but unfortunately it's already got an AA (I'm guessing from the chests.)

Other options as I browse tcgbrowser:
      - Sunlit Sentence
      - Nameless Pact
      - Malevolent Migo
      - Nameless Devourer

A couple others caught my eye as good card candidates, but honestly, this art is spot on in many cases, and they didn't need new art.
      The only one of those i agree with is the nameless devourer all the rest i think have stellar art.
    • My criteria for cards I'd like immortalized are cards that aren't part of a set's mechanical themes. Stuff like Momentum enablers or illuminate are too temporary for me, even if they are good. I'd like to see solid abilities or effects with good long-term potential. Stuff that has the potential to be classics, or staples in EDH if we ever get there.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

My criteria for cards I'd like immortalized are cards that aren't part of a set's mechanical themes. Stuff like Momentum enablers or illuminate are too temporary for me, even if they are good. I'd like to see solid abilities or effects with good long-term potential. Stuff that has the potential to be classics, or staples in EDH if we ever get there.
      Pathfinder does have one of the mechanics but i really feel like he is good enough on his own regardless he is the ramp gimme because he lets you draw from your flood.
    • Yeah, he would be an excellent pick. I'd have included him, but the current art is good, and I don't like the idea of replacing a vanity piece, but I'd be very happy getting an alt-art Pathfinder.
    • I saw Light the Votives AA. Is there a chance that it will be obtainable somehow or is ot only granted to Collectors? Also, saw Lyvaanth AAA. @Wolzarg you were right :) . Though the animation doesn't thrill me much.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Wolzarg wrote:

AxelDWater wrote:

I saw Light the Votives AA. Is there a chance that it will be obtainable somehow or is ot only granted to Collectors? Also, saw Lyvaanth AAA. @Wolzarg you were right :) . Though the animation doesn't thrill me much.
      My guess is both those go in the candles deck not sure if we ever had a rare in those before so could be wrong but does make sense.
      There was always a rare - Thunderfield Elder, Moonrise Elder, etc.

Sidenote: is there a list of new AAs and their sources anywhere? For previous sets I was using either hexprimal AA spoiler page or hextcgbrowser, but they both seem empty this time around.
    • Sethanon wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

AxelDWater wrote:

I saw Light the Votives AA. Is there a chance that it will be obtainable somehow or is ot only granted to Collectors? Also, saw Lyvaanth AAA. @Wolzarg you were right :) . Though the animation doesn't thrill me much.
      My guess is both those go in the candles deck not sure if we ever had a rare in those before so could be wrong but does make sense.
      There was always a rare - Thunderfield Elder, Moonrise Elder, etc.
      Sidenote: is there a list of new AAs and their sources anywhere? For previous sets I was using either hexprimal AA spoiler page or hextcgbrowser, but they both seem empty this time around.
      Then i would say it is almost confirmed i just forgot that they had rare AA in them. Show all active in collection filters will show you cards in client regardless if they are obtainable or not. This is how people find those cards but sometimes they end up not happening so buyer beware. That said so far they have never wasted a AAA so lyvaanth makes me make the educated guess that candles is the next deck in store AA light of the votives only makes my case stronger as they would go together.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

AxelDWater wrote:

Yeah, definitely Light the Votives will be in a Candles deck. Somehow dummy me didn't make the connection. :)
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Katkilla wrote:

Still no word on this? Like, I'm not expecting the AA's tomorrow or anything. Just literally some sort of communication would be nice and also to not have to feel like the need for this kind of thread every set would be a sweet bonus.
      Anything non pvp directly related get's no love anymore.
      Hex Ent will just ignore posts like this, hoping we will give up on it.

Soon they will start declaring these matters as fake news ;)
    • Katkilla wrote:

Still no word on this? Like, I'm not expecting the AA's tomorrow or anything. Just literally some sort of communication would be nice and also to not have to feel like the need for this kind of thread every set would be a sweet bonus.
      They were never big on talking about Collectors AA.. normally we just got a twitter message that they were granted!

I'm in no hurry and am VERY VERY VERY happy that its after the set was released. Having sets release and AA killed the AA hype for selling them ;)
    • Once the sets got consistent they have given out the collector AA's as the set came out within a day or 2. So far they haven't given them out this time but the launch was a bit rushed this time. I haven't personally heard anything about collector AA voting. I've only heard of the Bash and Clash AA's getting voting. But I've not been around streams as much the last month so I may have missed something.

As for what they are if they're decided look at the Rare AA's for set 8 which so far haven't been distributed. Odds are 2 of those are collector, 2 a next VIP and the others are for future kismet packs.

When they are announced however it will be a tweet on twitter. They try to not give spotlight to KS related stuff now because it alienates players who aren't.