Friday Update! 11.17.17

• everytime I read your update's Cory, I think you don't know there is a world outside the usa.

And in regards to communication, the biggest mistake was to release the full spoiler without giving us the date of release. If you werent sure to release it friday, then you should have just kept going with the daily spoilers.
    • Needle wrote:

everytime I read your update's Cory, I think you don't know there is a world outside the usa.

And in regards to communication, the biggest mistake was to release the full spoiler without giving us the date of release. If you werent sure to release it friday, then you should have just kept going with the daily spoilers.
      Sorry to all (non-stereotypical) americans but I'll have to agree with that. This IS an international game.
    • To be honest I wasn't aware that there's a holiday coming up in the US next weekend as Thanksgiving is obviously more or less meaningless in the old world.
      The update helped a lot to put some decisions into perspective and while I still had to reschedule my whole weekend in order to be able to be play (ya that's HOW hyped I'm about that set) it helped to ease most of the grudge I had with the ninja release.
      Thank you very much for that :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trenzalore ().

• Vroengard wrote:

Needle wrote:

everytime I read your update's Cory, I think you don't know there is a world outside the usa.

Sorry to all (non-stereotypical) americans but I'll have to agree with that. This IS an international game.
      I'm French and live in France but I can understand the "holiday problem" since if they have bug and be less than usual for correct them they will have more "angry" poeple than did the way they did.
      I want them to remember us (non-american) for the time of big tournament for the rest it's ok

The post was edited 1 time, last by VicMan ().

• Vroengard wrote:

Needle wrote:

When the bash was added to the game, some player complained about the time of the clash/bash event.

Cory simply said that they cannot accomodate everyone so they are pushing the main and big playerbase (US)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shinjica ().

• Thank you for the insight you've provided Cory, but I have some follow-up thoughts:

1. I know you don't like getting blasted for missing a scheduled date, but when was the last time HXE actually had a date listed for something? This option should ALWAYS be strived for. Maybe you hit it and maybe you don't, but don't just give up on this style purely due to some early missteps. I feel like completely abandoning this type of schedule completely misses the point of why such a thing is standard in the industry in the first place. It's not to put undue pressure on the developer to push out a game before it's ready (though this does happen) and it's not to get fans riled up when a date is missed (this also happens) but it's the assumed base level of communication for fans to plan/expect/build hype for the release of something. CHANGING THIS DATE IS FINE! Always aim for a date you set, because you should always set a date you can aim for.

2. Ok sure, this one gets less backlash related to "you missed the date and I planned for it and I hate you all" but now you get the same thing with different wording "I couldn't plan for this and I can't enjoy it as I would have liked and I hate you all". Reads differently, but it's the same thing. It's about expectations regarding being able to play the game as the player/fan expected to. Being able to meet expectations brings a lot of trust and love from the fanbase regardless of what those expectations are.

Cory, I love you, we all love you (well, except that ONE GUY) but we ALL would appreciate more specific communication regardless of which method you choose regarding the release of new sets, and more importantly, the rotation OUT of old sets.