Pinned The Bot Central Bank (BCB). Guaranteed Gold Exchange

• New

i was also very please by the service.

I wonder though : is the system condamed to be very unbalanced with way more people looking for selling gold than buying gold (except around a new set release) ?
      At one point how do you expect to increase you plat reserv?

Subsequent question : is this meant to be live at all time or just around set release ?
    • New

Gregangel wrote:

i was also very please by the service.

I wonder though : is the system condamed to be very unbalanced with way more people looking for selling gold than buying gold (except around a new set release) ?
      At one point how do you expect to increase you plat reserv?

Subsequent question : is this meant to be live at all time or just around set release ?

During set releases and kismet packs release, Gold has more value, so the price will be higher

During dead period, people will sell gold, which willl put pressure to bring the price down so he buys low.

If he has enough liquidity (plat) he will play the market by itself, buy low, sell high.

No but NO idea what this easy to access system might do long term. Are there people stuck with gold that don't bother to sell that would sell faster with this system (making more gold flowing) or will people buy more since its easy to buy with this system (makes more gold going away)

Only time will tell.
    • New

*Click Clack*

The ratio that BankerBot pays is dependent on current gold reserves. As more sellers sell gold reserves rise. This then lowers the ratio paid causing less sellers to be willing to sell. Meanwhile, the lower ratio incentivizes buyers to buy gold and lower reserves. It is a somewhat self regulating system. I will add platinum as necessary but thus far it doesn't look like that will be required until rebalancing to allow higher daily usage occurs, probably in a month or more.

BankerBot is meant to be available as long as people are consistently using it. I won't maintain a service no one uses, but thus far people have been exchanging gold pretty frequently.
    • New

TL:DR - Bankerbot's plan is sustainable.

The steadiness of Bankerbot's exchange rate so far indicates that goldis flowing in both directions (it's not static through lack of updates) -the time since the last update is not the time since it was last reviewed.

The gap between buying and selling rates for gold makes the bankerbot inherently profitable which will lead to an increase in both plat and gold reserves over time (unless/until it decides to contribute some excess to support other projects) which will allow for larger transactions in due course.
      The only way a problem would arise would be for there to be a 'run' on one of the currencies -and the daily limit is in place to impede that.

The Banker will however need to be careful around the release of any innovations from HXE that might shift the ratio significantly: AZ3 is the one that occurs to me.
      - AZ2 roughly doubled the gold/hour achievable and moved the rate considerably (around 130 ->250 iirc but 130 was already feeling like a really low ratio),
      - Kismet Reserve introduction brought the ratio down significantly as well (though not nearly as strongly)
      conversely new sets are anticipated and don't have that big an impact as many people accumulate gold in advance and/or are prepared to wait a bit for a better rate.

While these effects cannot be entirely predicted, HXE does take some care over them and I would be very surprised if gold ever got outside of the 100-500 range (and 100:1 is pretty hard to sustain since that represents >$4/hr 'farming' at current rates -which I don't really expect to see drop; 'opening the gold faucet further is certainly an option -AZ3 kinda has to offer more gold return- but more sinks can also be brought in and chests are a variable sink already: more people will spin more chests at higher rarity if gold gets cheaper which will act as a brake on the movement).

In terms of affecting the market: i expect BankerBot's rates to dominate the market almost immediately (I think they actually have already) with substantial amounts of gold still being traded directly through trade chat to cut out the middle-bot and get a slightly better rate but lots of people using the Bot for convenience.
      So much gold moves through trade chat already* (and through AH primarily via pack transactions) that I would not expect Bankerbot to move the price significantly by existing.

* i'd be surprised if it's under 1 million gp per day.
    • New

I love your new bank.

Last year I been selling gold at prices between 200 - 250 per plat.

Demand for gold is higest when a new set is releasted and when new kismet packs comes out.
      Maybe gold is used with new card crafting feature we should get in 2018 - nobody knows.

Gold suply is higest when dungeoun drop promo cards and equipment.

So I am guessing gold prices will go up and down a little bit but if BCB mostly buy gold cheap (1:240) when suply is high and sell high (1:210) when demand is high BCB's profit will be great. Still I love the bank :)

I hope more stable gold prices will lead to more stable AH prices too.
    • New

*Click Clack*

A brief update on plans for BankerBot.

Even with people buying gold for the release celebration gold sellers have largely outnumbered buyers. At it's highest gold reserves were 50% above starting levels which is where the ratio really starts to drop off. I took some action to mitigate this by seeking out large buyers and raising minimum purchase amounts and brought the reserves back down to around starting levels.

In an effort to mitigate this gold accumulation somewhat I plan to recenter the distribution curve more around the buying at 220, selling at 210 level sometime next week. The effect of this won't be immediately evident to users of BankerBot. In short it will cause BankerBot to buy and sell gold a little more cheaply than it does now. BankerBot sets prices based on how far from a starting value gold reserves get. By shifting that starting value "up" (less gold per platinum) BankerBot will have to accumulate more gold before prices start to drop off more quickly. Conversely, lower levels of gold will cause the price of gold to increase more quickly, but current user behavior does not indicate that will be likely to happen (sorry gold sellers).

These are tentative plans. We're going to wait and see how the rest of the release celebration goes before deciding on any changes, and again they won't be that noticeable to anyone anyway. However, I want to be transparent when making any changes to how BankerBot functions.

Overall BankerBot remains healthy. Even with efforts to get rid of gold recently reserves are 400 plat above starting levels. Some efforts have been made to better communicate the differences between buying and selling ratios as that seems a consistent confusion among users. We've removed the "gold" limit in favor of just having a plat limit to eliminate confusion. People frequently bought 4XX of plat to stay under the 100k gold limit which was awkward. Now anyone wishing to buy/sell the max need only send a CoD for either 500p or however much gold 500p would buy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BankerBot ().