Pinned The Bot Central Bank (BCB). Guaranteed Gold Exchange

• BankerBot wrote:

I wish I could think of more to update you on, but it's been a rather unexciting ride (as a currency exchange probably should be).

- Is there as much sellers then buyers for the same quantity (approx) ? (seller sell 20k but you have 4 buyers getting 5k each)
      - Is your rate expected to fluctuate for now because of increase reserve (or low reserve) ?
      - You increased your exchange rate, do you have requests for higher transactions?
      - Is bankerbot a real bot?
      - Is there a lower demand for gold or an increase of sellers now that the set has settled and less people want gold.
      - How much gold have you sold / bought up until now (if info available as it might be long to track , i could calculate based on profit you made but Just asking maybe you already know)

Those kind of things :) Currency exchange can be exiting :)
    • Portensio wrote:

BankerBot wrote:

I wish I could think of more to update you on, but it's been a rather unexciting ride (as a currency exchange probably should be).
      - Is there as much sellers then buyers for the same quantity (approx) ? (seller sell 20k but you have 4 buyers getting 5k each)
      - Is your rate expected to fluctuate for now because of increase reserve (or low reserve) ?
      - You increased your exchange rate, do you have requests for higher transactions?
      - Is bankerbot a real bot?
      - Is there a lower demand for gold or an increase of sellers now that the set has settled and less people want gold.
      - How much gold have you sold / bought up until now (if info available as it might be long to track , i could calculate based on profit you made but Just asking maybe you already know)

Those kind of things :) Currency exchange can be exiting :)
      *Click Clack*

Sellers generally seem to outnumber buyers, but buyers tend to buy in larger amounts.

BankerBot's rates fluctuate based on the amount of gold reserves. I'm not sure what you're really asking. As gold accumulates BankerBot sells it cheaper, as the amount of gold held decreases it gets more expensive. Now for example BankerBot has quite a bit of gold so rates are pretty good for gold buyers and not as good for gold sellers. If a lot of people bought gold it would swing the other way.

I'm not sure what you're asking in your third question either. Do you mean the daily maximum? If so, I made the decision to increase the daily limit because so many people were asking for max orders each day, particularly some buyers. My goal was to use this as an indirect mechanism to balance buyers and sellers without having to devalue gold too much (as again, buyers tend to buy more but are outnumbered by sellers).

BankerBot is only a fictional bot. All exchanges are completed by a real life Homo Sapien.

I would say demand for gold has been trending down over the past month.

I'm afraid I don't know how much gold BankerBot has bought/sold. It's also not particularly easy to calculate by the amount of profit gained due to the processes are set up. For example if BankerBot bought gold while adjusting rates at 220, 225, 230 and 235 but overnight 10 guys bought the max amount of BankerBot (so 2 million gold total) at 225 BankerBot would end up losing money on most of those transactions. Basically any time BankerBot gets a large number of either buy or sell orders at a time it's going to have the potential to breakeven or go negative. That's why we have the spread between the buy and sell price in the first place so those fluctuations don't bankrupt the service.

I can put a range on things however. Few people tend to buy/sell less than 100 plat worth. So 750 transactions * 22,000 gold = 16,500,000 at the low end. At the high end I would say the average transaction has to be lower than 700 plat, especially since the limit was 500 for a long time so 115,500,000. The last 24 hours as an average day had 5600 plat over 13 transactions for an average of 430 a transaction. If that's relatively representative then we're looking at 40-45 million total gold exchanged. Sorry I can't be more exact.

I'm happy to answer any other questions I'm able.
    • Blightburrow wrote:

I just want to say thanks to whoever initially created bankerbot and to anyone who helps run it. The ability to convert gold to plat in an easily understandable way has really motivated me to play more and helped me feel that my time doing PVE and FRA is productive and meaningful.
      *Click Clack*

Glad to be of service! Any day someone else's day is made better is a success in my book :)
    • *Beep Boop*

I just haven't needed to adjust the plat:gold ratio. Gold sellers have slightly outweighed gold buyers but not so much that I haven't been able to manage the difference. At some point we'll get another set or kismet pack and I would assume gold purchases will increase and the ratio may drop. Until then I'd expect it to probably remain at 230:1 and 240:1.
    • *Click Clack*

Alkon wrote:

I sent an email with a gold convert on 2-20, still have not received my platinum yet
      If you haven't received your platinum contact support. Your transaction was accepted on 2/20. (The 1000 plat shown is a display bug with mail). Had your transaction not been accepted it would automatically have been returned to you after three days. However, most likely you just didn't notice the increase in your platinum.