Pinned The Bot Central Bank (BCB). Guaranteed Gold Exchange

• i was also very please by the service.

I wonder though : is the system condamed to be very unbalanced with way more people looking for selling gold than buying gold (except around a new set release) ?
      At one point how do you expect to increase you plat reserv?

Subsequent question : is this meant to be live at all time or just around set release ?
    • Gregangel wrote:

i was also very please by the service.

I wonder though : is the system condamed to be very unbalanced with way more people looking for selling gold than buying gold (except around a new set release) ?
      At one point how do you expect to increase you plat reserv?

Subsequent question : is this meant to be live at all time or just around set release ?

During set releases and kismet packs release, Gold has more value, so the price will be higher

During dead period, people will sell gold, which willl put pressure to bring the price down so he buys low.

If he has enough liquidity (plat) he will play the market by itself, buy low, sell high.

No but NO idea what this easy to access system might do long term. Are there people stuck with gold that don't bother to sell that would sell faster with this system (making more gold flowing) or will people buy more since its easy to buy with this system (makes more gold going away)

Only time will tell.
    • *Click Clack*

The ratio that BankerBot pays is dependent on current gold reserves. As more sellers sell gold reserves rise. This then lowers the ratio paid causing less sellers to be willing to sell. Meanwhile, the lower ratio incentivizes buyers to buy gold and lower reserves. It is a somewhat self regulating system. I will add platinum as necessary but thus far it doesn't look like that will be required until rebalancing to allow higher daily usage occurs, probably in a month or more.

BankerBot is meant to be available as long as people are consistently using it. I won't maintain a service no one uses, but thus far people have been exchanging gold pretty frequently.
    • TL:DR - Bankerbot's plan is sustainable.

The steadiness of Bankerbot's exchange rate so far indicates that goldis flowing in both directions (it's not static through lack of updates) -the time since the last update is not the time since it was last reviewed.

The gap between buying and selling rates for gold makes the bankerbot inherently profitable which will lead to an increase in both plat and gold reserves over time (unless/until it decides to contribute some excess to support other projects) which will allow for larger transactions in due course.
      The only way a problem would arise would be for there to be a 'run' on one of the currencies -and the daily limit is in place to impede that.

The Banker will however need to be careful around the release of any innovations from HXE that might shift the ratio significantly: AZ3 is the one that occurs to me.
      - AZ2 roughly doubled the gold/hour achievable and moved the rate considerably (around 130 ->250 iirc but 130 was already feeling like a really low ratio),
      - Kismet Reserve introduction brought the ratio down significantly as well (though not nearly as strongly)
      conversely new sets are anticipated and don't have that big an impact as many people accumulate gold in advance and/or are prepared to wait a bit for a better rate.

While these effects cannot be entirely predicted, HXE does take some care over them and I would be very surprised if gold ever got outside of the 100-500 range (and 100:1 is pretty hard to sustain since that represents >$4/hr 'farming' at current rates -which I don't really expect to see drop; 'opening the gold faucet further is certainly an option -AZ3 kinda has to offer more gold return- but more sinks can also be brought in and chests are a variable sink already: more people will spin more chests at higher rarity if gold gets cheaper which will act as a brake on the movement).

In terms of affecting the market: i expect BankerBot's rates to dominate the market almost immediately (I think they actually have already) with substantial amounts of gold still being traded directly through trade chat to cut out the middle-bot and get a slightly better rate but lots of people using the Bot for convenience.
      So much gold moves through trade chat already* (and through AH primarily via pack transactions) that I would not expect Bankerbot to move the price significantly by existing.

* i'd be surprised if it's under 1 million gp per day.
    • I love your new bank.

Last year I been selling gold at prices between 200 - 250 per plat.

Demand for gold is higest when a new set is releasted and when new kismet packs comes out.
      Maybe gold is used with new card crafting feature we should get in 2018 - nobody knows.

Gold suply is higest when dungeoun drop promo cards and equipment.

So I am guessing gold prices will go up and down a little bit but if BCB mostly buy gold cheap (1:240) when suply is high and sell high (1:210) when demand is high BCB's profit will be great. Still I love the bank :)

I hope more stable gold prices will lead to more stable AH prices too.
    • *Click Clack*

A brief update on plans for BankerBot.

Even with people buying gold for the release celebration gold sellers have largely outnumbered buyers. At it's highest gold reserves were 50% above starting levels which is where the ratio really starts to drop off. I took some action to mitigate this by seeking out large buyers and raising minimum purchase amounts and brought the reserves back down to around starting levels.

In an effort to mitigate this gold accumulation somewhat I plan to recenter the distribution curve more around the buying at 220, selling at 210 level sometime next week. The effect of this won't be immediately evident to users of BankerBot. In short it will cause BankerBot to buy and sell gold a little more cheaply than it does now. BankerBot sets prices based on how far from a starting value gold reserves get. By shifting that starting value "up" (less gold per platinum) BankerBot will have to accumulate more gold before prices start to drop off more quickly. Conversely, lower levels of gold will cause the price of gold to increase more quickly, but current user behavior does not indicate that will be likely to happen (sorry gold sellers).

These are tentative plans. We're going to wait and see how the rest of the release celebration goes before deciding on any changes, and again they won't be that noticeable to anyone anyway. However, I want to be transparent when making any changes to how BankerBot functions.

Overall BankerBot remains healthy. Even with efforts to get rid of gold recently reserves are 400 plat above starting levels. Some efforts have been made to better communicate the differences between buying and selling ratios as that seems a consistent confusion among users. We've removed the "gold" limit in favor of just having a plat limit to eliminate confusion. People frequently bought 4XX of plat to stay under the 100k gold limit which was awkward. Now anyone wishing to buy/sell the max need only send a CoD for either 500p or however much gold 500p would buy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BankerBot ().

• Got my gold in under 10 seconds. Are you sure you are a volunteer and not an actual bot (i am under the impression that volunteers log in as bankerbot and manually check and send mail)?

BTW would be nice to get some kind of data charts going, like amount of gold bought/sold each day , gold/plat reserve per day, price changes, to get some idea of changes in hexonomy.

Also, maybe instead of using the gold reserve for prices, wouldn't it be better to use gold reserve to plat reserve ratio?

Again thx for doing this.

The post was edited 4 times, last by cyberutopia ().

• cyberutopia wrote:

Got my gold in under 10 seconds. Are you sure you are a volunteer and not an actual bot (i am under the impression that volunteers log in as bankerbot and manually check and send mail)?

BTW would be nice to get some kind of data charts going, like amount of gold bought/sold each day , gold/plat reserve per day, price changes, to get some idea of changes in hexonomy.

Also, maybe instead of using the gold reserve for prices, wouldn't it be better to use gold reserve to plat reserve ratio?

Again thx for doing this.
      *Click Clack*

The only bots involved with BankerBot is the BankerBot that bought your currency. But seriously, no actual bots are used in the operation of BankerBot. Luckily with a CoD we just have to click accept if the ratio is right, so it doesn't take any time really. And there's a nice little number that pops up in the bottom right to let you know you have mail!

Long term if BankerBot stays in action we'll do some data metrics. For right now we're just making sure the system works smoothly. Also, without larger reserve values you'd pretty much just see some noise rather than real economic trends.

Your last question is a common one, and one I've never really grasped. If BankerBot pays 100 gold per plat and has 100,000 gold and 1,000 plat to start and we say for every 10,000 gold above 100,000 BankerBot will increase what it pays by 10 gold per plat haven't we inherently captured the gold/plat ratio? At 110,000 BankerBot will have 900 plat . The ratio is then 110,000:900. At 120,000 it will be 120,000:891 or so. We can use these values (simplified if you like) to work with, but if we know the gold reserve value we know the plat reserve value as well. There's really no need to go through the extra steps.

The obvious thought from there is, "But BankerBot generates a surplus due to the currency spread so after moving back and forth it's going to have 110,000:904" or something along those lines. Which is completely correct, but the differences are so small that I imagine it's quite a bit easier to use easily recognizable numbers and rebalance the distribution curve on a monthly basis.

To put it more simply, the reason I chose to use gold reserve is a volunteer can look at BankerBot's gold reserve, look at a chart with 100,000 gold breaks on it and easily determine what the ratios should be. No calculation is needed. A quick glance is all you need to let you know if you need to adjust the ratios.

On other news, Kroan has been working hard to add BankerBot's ratios to hexprice.com! You can now find BankerBot's current buying and selling ratios on the hexprice dashboard if you prefer to check there rather than the forum. Thanks Kroan!
    • *Click Clack*

There is generally no reply mail if you send a CoD. It's just accepted. If you send currency without a CoD you should of course receive a reply mail with the appropriate amount of currency in return.

Beyond that you may receive a reply mail if there was something wrong with your trade or if BankerBot just felt a little frisky.
    • So true DunYoss Bank like this should have been in HEX long ago.

Thank you Bankernot for making this happen.

Ofcause PS4 players cant use this service as they cant send plat to bankbot.

So new PS4 players have to buy there common and uncommen cards with platimum at AH with often mean they have to pay double price.

If bank was build into the hex game even ps4 players could use it.
    • PS4 players do get some gold from packs (instead of chests) and Pits and don't have any of the gold sinks we do on PC.
      ..also there's very little reason for commons and uncommons (from newer sets) to cost anything with Evo being popular. The mono-candle Fight Nights at the start of the set is an exceptional circumstance and even then the prices were mostly due to how horrible AH is making most of the excess not get listed.

PS4 players can't be sent cards for free either of course ..and the sniper-bots on the AH make listing things cheap generally not actually help the people who want the cards.
    • *Click Clack*

BankerBot has instituted some of the previously discussed changes. The maximum daily exchange amount has been doubled. The distribution curve has been re-centered around the 210-220 range instead of the 200-210 range.

Additionally the distribution bands have been widened to account for the larger daily maximum.
    • *Click Clack*

It's been a little over a month since BankerBot was launched. Thus far we've done approximately 750 exchanges for people at an average of a little over 21 exchanges per day. Overall the original plan has worked reasonably well.

Total "profit" to date has been 2539 platinum if we value gold at 220:1. Almost the entirety of this amount has been allocated to the increase in BankerBot's daily maximum thus reducing how much additional capital I had to contribute. Also we've funded a few people's Fight Night entries in the spirit of being a nice guy. No other currency has left BankerBot to the best of my knowledge excepting of course for doing exchanges.

I wish I could think of more to update you on, but it's been a rather unexciting ride (as a currency exchange probably should be). I do want to thank everyone that includes a nice little note with their exchange requests. They do make me, and I'm sure the other volunteers smile to read. I also want to thank the volunteers that help keep BankerBot going while I sleep or am away for work.

The highpoint thus far was probably the guy who sent BankerBot a Pappy Jasper to pass along to the next user for Christmas. That was a nice gesture and I'm always glad to see players doing nice things for each other.

Hopefully everyone is happy with the service, if not please let me know how we could make it better.