Winner is the Judge: Nov 13 - Nov 19

• Winner is the Judge: Nov 13 - Nov 19

The year is 20XX, and all international disputes are settled through the world's most popular E-Sport, Hex: Shards of Fate. Cory Jones slumps over a round table at the inaugural thematics meeting for Set 93. "What more do they want from us?" he sighs with exasperation. "We've been all over Entrath. We've been to the moon. We've explored that weird hexagonal island. We even did that lucrative (but ultimately inadvisable) crossover with Law and Order. What else is there to do?"

After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence he gathers his composure, looks around the table, and declares, "Screw it. We're doing Dinglers."

The Rules

Design a card (or possibly multiple cards) that meets the design constraint described below. The one that I like the best is the winner. You may submit multiple entries, but please be considerate of your fellow players (and me!) and don't go too overboard.

The deadline for submissions is 7:00 UTC on Monday, Novemer 20th.

In addition to any listed prizes, the winner then creates a thread for the next round, creates a new design constraint, and the game continues.

Theme

The goal of this contest is to design cards for a set with a Dingler tribal archetype. Remember that Dinglers suck and are terrible at everything, so you're going to have to get creative.

Judging Criteria

I'm far too lazy to come up with a full scoring rubric, but here's what I'm looking for:

• Thematics - Is the card consistent with with the style of other Dingler-based cards and effects in Hex?
      • Mechanics - Does it do something cool or interesting?
      • Balance - Does it fit in well with the power level of other cards of its rarity?
      • Elegance - Is it well-templated and concise?
      • Humor - Does it make me laugh?
      • Pathos - Does it make me cry?
      • Puns - Because, of course.
      Prizes

Grand Prize - The Dingler King Mercenary, 2 Dead of Winter Packs, 1 Frostheart Pack, 100 Plat
      Runner Up - Mass Polymorph: Dingler, Shattered Destiny Pack

Best Anti-Dingler Hate Card - AA Scorch, Armies of Myth Pack
      Funniest - Tipsy Transmuter, Frostheart Pack
      Saddest - Dinglewiz, Primal Dawn Pack

The same person cannot with both the Grand Prize and Runner Up, but the other prizes are still in play.
    • Dingler Shaman
      [SAPPHIRE] 3
      [ATTACK] 0
      [DEFENSE] 2
      rare
      Dingler you control have [EXHAUST] exhaust target troop.

Dingler King
      [SAPPHIRE] 5
      [ATTACK] 0
      [DEFENSE] 3
      [EXHAUST] exhaust two dingler you control, create a Polymorph: Dingler and put it into your hand.
      [EXHAUST] exhaust five dingler you control, create a Mass Polymorph: Dingler and put it into your hand.

[EXHAUST] exhaust ten dingler you control, transform all enemy troop into dingler, they get "at the end of their turn revert this."
    • Dinglepocalypse
      [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] 4
      Rare Basic Action

Put 1 random troop from your deck into play. Transform it into a Dingler.
      Each player summons 1 Dingler.
      Revert and Transform 1 Random Opposing Troop into a Dingler.
      Revert and Transform 1 Random Card in each opposing deck into a Dingler.
      Escalation: When you play this, increase all bolded numbers on this card by 1 and put it into your deck.

When it rains, it pours....

The art would, of course, be dinglers raining from the sky and stuff on the ground gradually transforming into dinglers. Because the dinglepocalypse cometh...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • What does the Dingler say ?

5 cost

uncommon

double sapphire

constant

Deploy : Choose a champion.

When the chosen champion plays a quick action, transform it into a Dingle as it enters the chain.

" Fox-fox-fox-fox-foxefoxefox ! ...so what do you think ? - Impressive spell ...but this is the lamest incantation I've ever heard. "
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • King Gabriel, Dinglord

4 [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE]

Troop - Dingler, King

0 [ATTACK] /1 [DEFENSE]

Deploy: Summom Boldheart, Loyal Companion.
      Dingler you controll have +2 [ATTACK] .

When the Dinglepocalypse hit, King Gabriel was the first to stand up and lead his people to their former glory.

Boldheart, Loyal Companion

4 [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND]

Troop - Wolf

4 [ATTACK] /4 [DEFENSE]

Your King Gabriel, Dinglord is Invincible.

Even through dinglification Boldheart will protect his old friend.

Weve got a new set, so we might as well get some new lore.
      Thanks to Eraia for giving me the Storystarting Event for this.

—————————————

Ring of Fire

1 [RUBY]

Basic Action

Deal 1 damage to each troop and champion.

No!!! No! Nooooooooo! - King Gabriel, Dinglord

This Artwork would be a mass version of the AA scorch, so a lot of Dinglers just dying in flames.

————————————————

And now a card for pre-Dinglepocalypse lore.

Dingler Disguise

0 [SAPPHIRE]

Basic Action

Target troop you controll becomes unblockable.
      Next turn it will leave you disgusted.
      (Void it at tge start of your next turn)

Noone wants to touch this.

The post was edited 3 times, last by nqumyf: Added a second card: Ring of Fire And a third one. This contest is too good. ().

• Dark Heart of Dingleton

3 [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE]

Legendary

Artifact Troop - Dingle, Construct, Avatar Of Dingeling

At the start of each champions turn, that player sacrifices a non-dingler card the control
      Deploy - If you control no other Dinglers, create 3 dingles for each opposing champion and put them in their hands, they lose all thresholds.
      Dingle Scrounge X - As this comes into play you may void X dinglers in your crypt, if you do this gets +X [ATTACK] for each dingler voided this way

[ATTACK] 0 / [DEFENSE] 4

The dinglers dingle in the dingle of Dingleton

The post was edited 1 time, last by DogeyMcDogeface ().

• DogeyMcDogeface wrote:

Dark Heart of Dingleton

3 [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE]

Legendary

At the start of each champions turn, that player sacrifices a non-dingler card the control
      Deploy - If you control no Dinglers, create 3 dingles for each opposing champion and put them in their hands, they lose all thresholds.
      Dingle Scrounge X - As this comes into play you may void X dinglers in your crypt, if you do this gets +X [ATTACK] for each dingler voided this way

[ATTACK] 0 / [DEFENSE] 4

You should propably remake the deploy effect to, if you controll no other dinglers. As it is right now it will never proc, because this card is already in play when deploy triggers.
    • Dingler Ascension

Legendary

Sorcery

When you transform a Card into a Dingler, this gets cost -2 in all Zones.

Transform target Champion into Lord Dingler.

So i heard you like Dinglers?

Lord Dingler

-Champion-

At the start of your turn, you must activate this chargepower if able.
      [2] Transform target Troop you control into a Dingler. You can't select a Dingler with this Charge Power.
    • Damn , so much great stuff so early in this contest.

Dingle meme, best Hex meme.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • nqumyf wrote:

DogeyMcDogeface wrote:

Dark Heart of Dingleton

3 [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE]

Legendary

Deploy - If you control no Dinglers, create 3 dingles for each opposing champion and put them in their hands, they lose all thresholds.

[ATTACK] 0 / [DEFENSE] 4

You should propably remake the deploy effect to, if you controll no other dinglers. As it is right now it will never proc, because this card is already in play when deploy triggers.
      Very true! thanks
    • Name: Dingler All the Time
      Cost: 0
      Threshold Requirement: none
      Type: Quick Action
      Rarity: Legendary
      Abilities: Revert than transform every card and every effect in every zone into Dinglers.
      Change all charge powers to Cost 1 - Conjure a Dingler.
      Favor Text: Welcome to your new life as a Dingler.

Name: Forgone Conclusion
      Cost: 8
      Threshold Requirement: [RUBY]
      Type: Constant
      Rarity: Rare
      Ability: Void any Dingler type troop that Enters Play.
      Favor Text: Really thought that cursing your own troops would beat me? - Locke

Name: Lethal Joke
      Cost: 4
      Type: Artifact
      Rarity: Common
      Abilities: [EXHAUST] Summon a Dingler.
      Sacrifice this to transform all your Dingler cards into random troops of the same cost.
      Favor Text: What am I looking at here? - random spectator

Name: Victim God
      Cost: 5
      Threshold Requirement: [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE]
      Type: Troop - Dingler
      Faction: Neutral
      Rarity: Uncommon
      Abilities: This has [ATTACK] = to number of dingler type troops your opposing deck users control.
      This has [DEFENSE] = to number of dingler type troops your friendly deck users control.
      Before the start of the game and whenever this is put back into your deck than you must either bury 1/2 your deck or void this card.
      X /X
      Favor Text: Those things have a God? - Lixil
    • invinible wrote:

Name: Dingler All the Time
      Abilities: Revert than transform every card and every effect in every zone into Dinglers.
      Uh... so if anyone plays this turn 1, whoever is on the draw automatically loses.... it's just a matter of time....
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Dead of Winter introduces some very interesting story points. So here's my take on what hopefully happens when Lixil returns to Entrath.

Lixil fell into the portal to an unknown dimension. After trials and tribulations, she came back to Entrath to finish her quest of spreading perfection. But... she came back different. She came back Dinglered.

Lixil, Dinglesworn

Unique Troop - Necrotic Dingler
      -----------------
      DingleShift (1): +1 [ATTACK] / +1 [DEFENSE] and Invincible.

When a card transforms into a Dingler, revert Lixil.

0 / 2

"Perfection. There is no other word for what Lixil has become." -Dinglesworn Mordrom

Designer Comments: DingleShift - It's basically Shift, but you may only target Dinglers with the ability. So Lixil is able to create an invincible army... but unfortunately it will be an army of Dinglers. Wait... Hmm... sorry, I meant to say: So Lixil is able to create an invincible army... AND AWESOMELY it will be an army of Dinglers. On her own she can't actually transform troops into Dinglers, but Lixil has always been what others aspired to. Lixil will let her lieutenants actually build the army and then she will lead it.

Dingled Destiny
      Basic Action
      ----------------------
      Transform target champion into a Dingler. That champion's health becomes 1.

While you control 8 dinglers, this has cost -5.

The Dinglesworn have seen glimpses of perfection and seek a future where all are perfect
      and all are Dingler.

Designer comments: Dingled Destiny turns players into the same Dingler that the mercenary Dingler King is able to transform players into.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arcanyx ().

• Dingler War Plans
      Basic Action 2 [SAPPHIRE]
      Summon Dingler School of Offense, Dingler School of Defense, and Dingler School of Readiness.

"A battle not fought is a battle not lost."

Dingler School of Offense
      Constant 2
      Your dinglers cannot block.

Dingler School of Defense
      Constant 2
      Your dinglers cannot attack.

Dingler School of Readiness
      Constant 2
      Your dinglers cannot use payment powers.
    • Eraia wrote:

invinible wrote:

Name: Dingler All the Time
      Uh... so if anyone plays this turn 1, whoever is on the draw automatically loses.... it's just a matter of time....
      Not necessarily depends, on charge powers.
    • DogeyMcDogeface wrote:

Not necessarily depends, on charge powers.
      It changes all charge powers too though.

Basically the game, if this is played turn one, would just be each player just drawing dinglers. The 'on the play' player would be able to play one of these dinglers per turn. The 'on the draw' player would have 0 shards since all of their shards would be turned into dinglers as well, and just draw them until eventually they run out of cards. Since dinglers on their own have no attack... the player on the play wouldn't be able to actually DO any damage ever, they'd just have one more card in their deck so they'd eventually win.

• The Great Dingle Curse
      Constant - 4 [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE]
      When you play this, target opposing champion summons a copy of this.
      DEPLOY: Create a Dingled Chosen and put it into your deck.
      At the start of your turn, transform a random non-dingler troop you control into a dingler.

A great evil swept across the land, and all those touched by it were dingled and became miserable.

Dingled Chosen
      Troop - 0
      1/1 - [INVINCIBLE]
      DEPLOY: Void target The Great Dingle Curse you control. Revert all Dinglers you control.

It was up to one brave Dingler to stand up to the curse, and save the world! He was still miserable though.