Questions about the game

• Questions about the game

Good afternoon,
      I installed the game and I'm already playing the campaign mode. And I've been enjoying the game a lot.

But I have some doubts:

1- Is the game still being updated to Brazil? Some options or cards are not translated.

2- Is there the option to see all the cards in the game and can buy a specific card? Or do I just get the cards through the boster?

3- Are there daily or weekly championship events or something?

4 - Can I challenge a friend of mine for a casual duel?

5 - What is the difference between HEX and HEX Bash?

Sorry for so many questions, as I am a beginner, I could not find this information easily. :D

Thank you all :)
    • Giorgioneb wrote:

1- Is the game still being updated to Brazil? Some options or cards are not translated.

2- Is there the option to see all the cards in the game and can buy a specific card? Or do I just get the cards through the boster?

3- Are there daily or weekly championship events or something?

4 - Can I challenge a friend of mine for a casual duel?

5 - What is the difference between HEX and HEX Bash?

Sorry for so many questions, as I am a beginner, I could not find this information easily.
      1- I can't answer that.

2- Yes you can either sell/buy through the in-game auction house, or sell directly to a player trhough the in-game mail system. (Also, you can use the game's discord, the forums AH subforums or the ingame trade chat to set up the trades.)

EDIT: trade forum: Auction House and Trading

3-yes you can check them all here: forums.hextcg.com/calendar/

As a begginner I recommend checking the Fight Night tourney that occur 2 days every week. In this tourney you can only use Common and Uncommons, thus the decks are cheaper to build since you don't need rares or legendaries. Also the prize payout is pretty good considering the entry fee is only 3k gold.

4- yes, just right click your firend's username on the chat window, there should be a option to challenge him.

EDIT2: It is not possible to chalenge friends or ascess chat in the PS4 version.

5- Hex is the game, Hex bash is the constructed tourney that occurs every satursday. (there is also a limited tourney every sunday that is called HEX clash.)

EDIT: also join the Discord server Wardens of Entrath, you will find many people willing to help new players: discord.gg/J3488QY
      HEX forums resident liker.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ReluxTheRelux ().

• Hello, welcome to Hex! I will answer what I can. As you are playing campaign I assume you are playing on a PC.

2) You can see all the cards in the game by going into your card collection, clicking the filter button and choosing "Show all Items". I prefer looking at different cards using tcgbrowser.com though. You can buy any card in the game (that anyone is selling) by going to the Auction House and searching for the card you want. I would check the price history of the card through tcgbrowser.com or hexprice.com though so you're not buying it at too high a price.

3) There are several tournaments per week. You can see them on this calendar: forums.hextcg.com/calendar/ . There are two cash tournaments each weekend, one limited and one constructed, and the other tournaments usually pay out packs. For new players, the "Fight Night Hex" is probably the most suited as that is a tournaments where you can only use Common and Uncommon cards.

4) Yes, you can challenge players using the PC version of the game. (Right click in chat and choose challenge)

5) Bash is the $1000 constructed tournament held each saturday, so it is still Hex. Hex: Card Clash is the PS4 version of HEX. It has no PvE, and several other differences, but it has crossplay so they join the same tournaments, ladders etc.

Also, make sure you read the 3 pinned posts in this forum, they are all helpful.
    • ReluxTheRelux wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

Everybody already answer to the others questions, so :

1/ I read a year or so ago that Hex dropped the spanish brazilian localization.
      Good thing that they speak Portuguese in Brazil then. :p
      Which is basically Spanish but slightly modified. Which is why most Brazilians can still communicate outside their border. =P

Source: Wife is South American.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • Good afternoon,
      I have two questions- what is the reason to play ICE ex: ruby ice, diamond ice etc. Over SHARDS. Very confused. What are the advantages vice versa. It seems you dont get an action point for it only threshold. Please explain the strategy.

Last question how do you get a new champion i see lots of different champions on the ps4 and i am not sure how to unlock different ones. Thx in advance.
    • [PSN]Neji05 wrote:

Good afternoon,
      I have two questions- what is the reason to play ICE ex: ruby ice, diamond ice etc. Over SHARDS. Very confused. What are the advantages vice versa. It seems you dont get an action point for it only threshold. Please explain the strategy.

Last question how do you get a new champion i see lots of different champions on the ps4 and i am not sure how to unlock different ones. Thx in advance.
      If you're willing to delay a resource one turn (You just can't take advantage of the added max the turn you play it), you can Fateweave, which helps direct the next card in to something useful (So if you're full of resources, you can make the next card a troop/action; If you're full of troops/actions, you can make the next card a resource). It also provides the minor benefit of activating cards that do something when you Fateweave, which can be very handy.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • In the campaign, the champions available to you are the characters that you create (and mercenaries, which you get access to later in the campaign). Outside of the campaign, all champions that are legal in the format you are playing are all unlocked automatically.
    • [PSN]Neji05 wrote:

What are the advantages vice versa. It seems you dont get an action point for it only threshold. Please explain the strategy.
      you get a action point. 0 / 1 on the card mean you get a shard but not avaible in your pool the turn you play the card but it will the next turns.

Fateweave is well explained above. It is a very usefull mechanic which help a lot to not be shard screwed or shard flood.
    • The fateweave resources ices have a few advantages

1. It allows u to play fewer resources in your deck. Sometimes instead of say 24 resources u could play 21 or 22.

2. You could keep an opening hand of 1 or 2 shards if u have an ice in hand. Would be risky otherwise.

3. Mid and late game ability to control what u draw is very useful
    • Steric wrote:

In the campaign, the champions available to you are the characters that you create (and mercenaries, which you get access to later in the campaign). Outside of the campaign, all champions that are legal in the format you are playing are all unlocked automatically.
      Side note to OP: The PS4 version has no campaign, so if you actually try to find it and can't seem to find it, it's because it's not there.