Card Spotlight – Corners of the World

• Dinotropia wrote:

There has been some instability because an un-named actor has been pinging the site more times than is reasonable. Our tech guys are on the case, and the website is back up as of the time of this writing.

Thanks for your patience everyone.
      tool like cloudflare would help, if found that some ip is connecting to many times it can just cut it off ...
    • Can we get confirmation on how these Sigils will resolve as far as sequencing is concerned? Will the Sigil of Light return a troop before Sigil of Earth gives all your troops +1/+1? Will Sigil of Water let you draw and discard before Sigil of Light returns a troop, letting it return the troop you just discarded? Will Sigil of Darkness force the opponent to sacrifice a troop before they know which of your troops is getting +2/+2 from Sigil of Air or which of your cards is getting returned by Sigil of Light? Will the Blaze Elemental created by Sigil of Fire enter play before Sigil of Air or Sigil of Earth resolve so that it gets the bonuses?
    • Slow but very impressive. A bit like fallen singularity or journey into nightmare kind of card, but it can go in more diverse decks. Control will love it but even more aggressive shells could like a 1 of maybe ? I don't know what i'm talking about but I feel this is strong. And kinda going in every single EDH deck if there is some day edh.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • Olfff wrote:

Slow but very impressive. A bit like fallen singularity or journey into nightmare kind of card, but it can go in more diverse decks. Control will love it but even more aggressive shells could like a 1 of maybe ? I don't know what i'm talking about but I feel this is strong. And kinda going in every single EDH deck if there is some day edh.
      I view it as more like a more generalist Oberon's Eulogy. It's a 5 drop which won't win you the game right when you cast it, but if it's left alone for more than a turn or two you're going to have a hard time losing. The tricky part will be protecting it or getting it back into play after it's removed. It's extremely good for grindy midrange strategies (if blood/wild midrange continues to be a thing I expect to see this as at least an occasional 1 or 2 of at a minimum) and has potential for other decks as well. Reanimator loves the draw + discard, control will love forcing the opponent to sacrifice every turn, any deck which wins by attacking will at least consider the +1/+1 per turn, aggro decks may like the extra attacker or the evasion (though a 5 drop that doesn't do anything the turn it enters play is asking a bit much of an aggro deck), etc.
    • Steric wrote:

Can we get confirmation on how these Sigils will resolve as far as sequencing is concerned? Will the Sigil of Light return a troop before Sigil of Earth gives all your troops +1/+1? Will Sigil of Water let you draw and discard before Sigil of Light returns a troop, letting it return the troop you just discarded? Will Sigil of Darkness force the opponent to sacrifice a troop before they know which of your troops is getting +2/+2 from Sigil of Air or which of your cards is getting returned by Sigil of Light? Will the Blaze Elemental created by Sigil of Fire enter play before Sigil of Air or Sigil of Earth resolve so that it gets the bonuses?
      Great question Steric -

So for this, Corner of the world will have two different trigger powers added to it. Such that, the triggered powers will trigger in the order in which they're written on the card. (And thus, resolve in the opposite order, we don't worry about targeted/untargeted triggers here because all of sigils don't involve targets).

Therefore, the matter on the order of your powers will matter at times. Example:

I give it Sigil of Light then Sigil of Water.

When the triggers resolve, I'll first resolve Sigil of Water, Drawing a card, then discarding a card. Then Sigil of Light will resolve, returning a random card artifact/constant/troop with cost 3 or less from my crypt to play. Therefore, if I don't have any cards to return, but discard a 3 cost or less Artifact/Constant/Troop for the sigil of Light power to return, then I'll be able to guarantee that one will be chosen to put into play.

So the matter does matter here to some extent. As you're always just adding powers to the Corners of the World card similarly to when you play an action onto a troop giving it powers (Think Circle of Thorns + Dread Botanist. It matters which one of these is played first for the Dreadling to have the ability to be summoned and have the chance at getting the bonus attack. In terms of the order, you'd want the troop to be the last ordered power).

Sorry, I thought I fired this off yesterday, but never hit Submit!
    • HEXPureforce wrote:

Great question Steric -

So for this, Corner of the world will have two different trigger powers added to it. Such that, the triggered powers will trigger in the order in which they're written on the card. (And thus, resolve in the opposite order, we don't worry about targeted/untargeted triggers here because all of sigils don't involve targets).

Therefore, the matter on the order of your powers will matter at times. Example:

I give it Sigil of Light then Sigil of Water.

When the triggers resolve, I'll first resolve Sigil of Water, Drawing a card, then discarding a card. Then Sigil of Light will resolve, returning a random card artifact/constant/troop with cost 3 or less from my crypt to play. Therefore, if I don't have any cards to return, but discard a 3 cost or less Artifact/Constant/Troop for the sigil of Light power to return, then I'll be able to guarantee that one will be chosen to put into play.

So the matter does matter here to some extent. As you're always just adding powers to the Corners of the World card similarly to when you play an action onto a troop giving it powers (Think Circle of Thorns + Dread Botanist. It matters which one of these is played first for the Dreadling to have the ability to be summoned and have the chance at getting the bonus attack. In terms of the order, you'd want the troop to be the last ordered power).

Sorry, I thought I fired this off yesterday, but never hit Submit!
      So just to confirm... do you get prompted to give it a power twice or do you only get prompted once and pick two from the first prompt?
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • In one evo I had corners. It was strong but yeah. Could'nt use it to full efficiency.

Was plagueroot, wanted to have sigil of earth picked first, then sigil of light ( picked last resolves first, so i would have put back one of my 3 pr less troop before buffing all troops, every turn. )

But I could'nt, i wa offered light first with others, then earth with others.

So the buff all effect happened before a troop was returned from crypt. Still strong and game winning, but bummer.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...