Spoiler Contest 06-08 November

    • Turning Fateweave into "Draw a resource" is pretty great.

      Paired with [WILD] : Reliable triggers for momentum keep that archetype humming through the mid game... which is when they actually start to carry a big punch. Thinking of playing 2 resources per turn is a match made in heaven for this card.

      Paired with [SAPPHIRE] and/or [RUBY] : Draw and discard takes advantage of a full hand. Alchemite, Ruinforge Rummager, and Theroize, and Gain Ground start to look a lot more interesting.
    • Roads go ever ever on,

      Over rock and under tree,

      By caves where never sun has shone,

      By streams that never find the sea;

      Over snow by winter sown,

      And through the merry flowers of June,

      Over grass and over stone,

      And under mountains in the moon.

      The road goes ever on,

      (The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Chapter 1).

      I love this card: it seems like an entire story in a single troop. Both the name and the flavour text are well connected with her abilities, and show us how unreal it is the idea of fate by itself: although we sometimes cannot see who "holds the strings", there's always someone (or something) doing it behind the curtains of our lives, and what seems like a choice is the results of different patterns determined by superior forces. Nevertheless, the journey goes on and every choice brings its consequences, which in both cases here seem positive. When you are desperate, you have to Seek Fortune, and that leads to find multiple paths along the way; when you are brave enough to Seek Adventure, you deserve something (maybe not all, but at least something) that can help you on your path and make it a little less difficult. I love it!

      In a less literary fashion, the DW Fateweave deck seems so obviously pushed by this set that I need to get my set of Well of Life as soon as I can, because if I don't manage to do it, I think that a little Leprechaun might make it spike like Well of Cunning! :D In Standard, it could even be a 1x in Ardent decks, although unfactioned, because it can solve some board stalls in the mirror by making you advance when you're a little behind. There's also Daughter of the Poet that just needs a little help to become a real Standard staple as she deserves...

      I'm curious to see the eventual equipments for her in PvE, too, because that's a real beast in any kind of deck I could think of that plays W thresholds and wants to farm some gold with fashion. ;)

      The post was edited 2 times, last by federicorighi ().

    • federicorighi wrote:

      I love this card: it seems like an entire story in a single troop. Both the name and the flavour text are well connected with her abilities, and show us how unreal it is the idea of fate by itself: although we sometimes cannot see who "holds the strings", there's always someone (or something) doing it behind the curtains of our lives, and what seems like a choice is the results of different patterns determined by superior forces. Nevertheless, the journey goes on and every choice brings its consequences, which in both cases here seem positive. When you are desperate, you have to Seek Fortune, and that leads to find multiple paths along the way; when you are brave enough to Seek Adventure, you deserve something (maybe not all, but at least something) that can help you on your path and make it a little less difficult. I love it!


      In a less literary fashion, the DW Fateweave deck seems so obviously pushed by this set that I need to get my set of Well of Life as soon as I can, because if I don't manage to do it, I think that a little Leprechaun might make it spike like Well of Cunning! :D
      The real question is... who watches the watchers? (or to put it another way... who weaves the weavers? :)
    • KingGabriel wrote:

      federicorighi wrote:

      I love this card: it seems like an entire story in a single troop. Both the name and the flavour text are well connected with her abilities, and show us how unreal it is the idea of fate by itself: although we sometimes cannot see who "holds the strings", there's always someone (or something) doing it behind the curtains of our lives, and what seems like a choice is the results of different patterns determined by superior forces. Nevertheless, the journey goes on and every choice brings its consequences, which in both cases here seem positive. When you are desperate, you have to Seek Fortune, and that leads to find multiple paths along the way; when you are brave enough to Seek Adventure, you deserve something (maybe not all, but at least something) that can help you on your path and make it a little less difficult. I love it!


      In a less literary fashion, the DW Fateweave deck seems so obviously pushed by this set that I need to get my set of Well of Life as soon as I can, because if I don't manage to do it, I think that a little Leprechaun might make it spike like Well of Cunning! :D
      The real question is... who watches the watchers? (or to put it another way... who weaves the weavers? :)
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? You of course, in the game: you are the incarnation of destiny. Even when you misclick, so, beware your damn fingers! :D
    • federicorighi wrote:

      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? You of course, in the game: you are the incarnation of destiny. Even when you misclick, so, beware your damn fingers! :D
      I don't know - there'd be an awful lot of yeti cards if... uh... well, all the non-ardent cards showing up are probably a sign that I'm not. I'd more say I'm romantically acquainted with destiny. (Don't tell queen grace)
    • KingGabriel wrote:

      How to participate? Well, it's very difficult... first you must slay all of the dragons, then defeat the entire underworld, then convince the coyotle to actually start using clocks... or just post in this thread and I'll choose which post is most interesting, either works.
      Hm, is this why you're giving away Triumvirate playsets?

      Lord Alexander, the Courageous to slay the dragons.
      Lord Adam, the Powerful to defeat the Underworld.
      And Lord Benjamin, the Wise to futilely attempt to get the Coyotle to use clocks?
    • Audens wrote:

      KingGabriel wrote:

      How to participate? Well, it's very difficult... first you must slay all of the dragons, then defeat the entire underworld, then convince the coyotle to actually start using clocks... or just post in this thread and I'll choose which post is most interesting, either works.
      Hm, is this why you're giving away Triumvirate playsets?
      Lord Alexander, the Courageous to slay the dragons.
      Lord Adam, the Powerful to defeat the Underworld.
      And Lord Benjamin, the Wise to futilely attempt to get the Coyotle to use clocks?
      No comment.
    • KingGabriel wrote:

      Audens wrote:

      KingGabriel wrote:

      How to participate? Well, it's very difficult... first you must slay all of the dragons, then defeat the entire underworld, then convince the coyotle to actually start using clocks... or just post in this thread and I'll choose which post is most interesting, either works.
      Hm, is this why you're giving away Triumvirate playsets? Lord Alexander, the Courageous to slay the dragons.
      Lord Adam, the Powerful to defeat the Underworld.
      And Lord Benjamin, the Wise to futilely attempt to get the Coyotle to use clocks?
      No comment.
      You just made one :P
    • I don't think there's much I can say about this card usage-wise that hasn't already been said, but if the seamstress' flavor text is reflective of Vaelena's attitude towards such things, I can't imagine that he or she gets along with Kismet very well.
      Flair of Fortune
      Avatar of Luck
      Cost 3, 3/3, Unique, colorless
      When an opposing champion plays a card, there's a 33% chance to summon a Kismet's Omen.

      "Fortune favors all in equal measure. But perhaps not at the same time."
    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

      oh a giveaway thread where the prizes are completely subjective to the original posters sense of interests... okay I'll bite

      Old man William had a Dog
      and Rowan was his name-o
      If you find the dog
      you will win the game
      your opponent will complain
      Cause Rowan was his name-o
      Part of the prizes :p - participation ones I'll just use a random number generator. Plus the first twitter one was just guessing the cost.