Spoiler Contest 06-08 November

    • Other people already covered it. The card is self-defeating.

      By the time it comes online you already have the resources you need. You could try to make some weird Momentum / Fateweave hybrid deck, but that likely won't work. The momentum wants to win quickly as an aggro deck while this card would push you toward a midrange deck.

      I just don't see any value here.
    • KotoTheMage wrote:

      Here's the instruction to inifinite "Seek Fortune". Play an ice, choose Seek Fortune, then open chat and mouse scroll up or down. Boom, you have Seek Fortune in the middle of the screen for the rest of the game.

      But seriously, I can see this as centerpiece in fateweave decks. It reminds me of Infinitrix, 3/4 flyer that you want to keep till turn 5-6 for power plays.
      If with set 8 meta slows down a bit, this actually could be playable in constructed, and I can't wait to play it :)

      When looking at the art and flavor text, I can't get rid of the feeling that I've seen this somewhere else. Fabric of reality, pattern, threads, strings? Hm, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time someone?
      Shame the author died before finishing the series so it had to be done by someone else.

      Eraia wrote:

      With cards like Zeota or the puppy... I could see this getting pretty crazy. Add hailstorm in and you're getting cheap cards, hail hawks, and whatever other effects you could ask for. Intriguing, to say the least.
      I didn't even think about zeota... geez. Does make using the wild/diamond goldfather etc on top harder though.

      Manifesto wrote:

      well for starters it should have costed 11 so i could win the other contest... but on the other hand 4 seems like a better cost. Though it could have been higher and have one of those reduced cost mechanics every time you fateweave.... looking for a paragon of thought esq card for that now.

      also the art on this one is real nice the blues would make a nice animated art effect in the weaves

      Needle wrote:

      What is happening in the artwork?


      My wife thinks she's a spider (Vennen) but I think there is a character behind her that represents death (from the four horsemen).

      Thoughts?
      Well, I gave a hint that it was below 10 in the replies ;)

      Personally, I'd say those are her minions - the character is humanoid and they act kind of like voodoo dolls - the figure in the back being killed by the reaper. If I had to guess who, Lord Alexander.
    • She can be used to fuel "momentum" of your troops by giving you extra resources continuously. I think "fatewave and momentum" will lead to greats interactions, even more than "fatewave and runic". Diamond and Wild seems to be the best momentum shards, as they are for fatewave too!!
    • There is a movie out there about a guild of Assasins who use the weave of the cloth to choose their next target. They also have the power to bend a bullets trajectory in mid flight.. yea Wanted is a great popcorn action flick and this card seems to be in the same vein. I really like the rewards for fate-weaving involved here.
    • I thought about a deck with her and Godfather. So you can Fateweave for Coins, which you can Discard for either cards or Shamrocks ability. Coins in general sound pretty good, since they can convert your ressource draw into a „real“ draw. Might be too many slow shards though.
    • Please send this woman a machine or two, she could get so much more sewing done so much faster and then everyone in Entrath could be finely dressed instead of whatever clothing shortage is hurting the Orcs, Necrotic, Vennen, and Coyotle. I'm starting a GoFundMe to get this woman as many machines as can be stolen from the Dwarves...I am also gathering people to raid the Dwarven lands for textile machinery, also important.
    • KingGabriel wrote:

      KotoTheMage wrote:

      Here's the instruction to inifinite "Seek Fortune". Play an ice, choose Seek Fortune, then open chat and mouse scroll up or down. Boom, you have Seek Fortune in the middle of the screen for the rest of the game.

      But seriously, I can see this as centerpiece in fateweave decks. It reminds me of Infinitrix, 3/4 flyer that you want to keep till turn 5-6 for power plays.
      If with set 8 meta slows down a bit, this actually could be playable in constructed, and I can't wait to play it :)

      When looking at the art and flavor text, I can't get rid of the feeling that I've seen this somewhere else. Fabric of reality, pattern, threads, strings? Hm, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time someone?
      Shame the author died before finishing the series so it had to be done by someone else.
      Yes and no.

      Obviously Jordan's death was a shame. He was still very young.

      However Sanderson's work on the final volumes of the series not only took it back from nearly being written to death but actually lifted it to a new level. It catapulted Sanderson to the top tier of epic fantasy writes and rightfully so imo. I've since read a lot of his work and it's all brilliant. He's more skilled than Jordan was.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • KingGabriel wrote:

      Shame the author died before finishing the series so it had to be done by someone else.
      As Transience said... Sanderson is one of the best writers of this generation, and certainly did the series justice by all accounts. While it's always sad when a creator dies, it's fortunate for the series' following that there was someone who was both a fan and a skilled writer to take up the torch.

      KingGabriel wrote:

      I didn't even think about zeota... geez. Does make using the wild/diamond goldfather etc on top harder though.
      The return of Wild/Sapphire/Diamond! If I get enough of this card, I'll totally try to make it work - at least in PvE. :)

      Transience wrote:

      I've since read a lot of his work and it's all brilliant. He's more skilled than Jordan was.
      Sanderson's work is incredible. He's fast become tied for my favourite author.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

      KingGabriel wrote:

      Shame the author died before finishing the series so it had to be done by someone else.
      As Transience said... Sanderson is one of the best writers of this generation, and certainly did the series justice by all accounts. While it's always sad when a creator dies, it's fortunate for the series' following that there was someone who was both a fan and a skilled writer to take up the torch.
      I'm fine with the change; perhaps I'm more wondering a "what-if" scenario, just it's a shame when original creators don't get to see out the full range of their series. Same with dune and similar (although there's different aspects to each time it happens obviously.)
    • Needle wrote:

      What is happening in the artwork?

      My wife thinks she's a spider (Vennen) but I think there is a character behind her that represents death (from the four horsemen).

      Thoughts?
      She's not a Vennen, as she's an Avatar. But it's likely that the characters behind her are also avatars.

      Keeping in mind the flavour texts of how Fortune, Luck and Serendipity are believed to be much more than they really are, I would assume that the three figures are actually those three entities. Symbolically, this is represented by the fact that they look like actual beings, but are shown to be nothing more than hollow forms of fabric: The one in the back has nothing under the hood, and the most prominently featured one, on the left, shows nothing around the waist.
    • Needle wrote:

      What is happening in the artwork?

      My wife thinks she's a spider (Vennen) but I think there is a character behind her that represents death (from the four horsemen).

      Thoughts?
      I believe they're representative of the spirit judges, honestly.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Approxiam wrote:

      With so many sources of fateweave, always seeking fortune can turn into very heavy card advantage. Is there some card that can use discard fodder for something?
      Forgotten Triolith, for one. Keep in mind that you can also use it to put something in the crypt to subsequently fish it out.

      For PvE, Thonia the Raving would be a merc that can take good advantage of it. The card draw benefits can also help Tome of Knowledge and Ascetic Aspirant.