Hex: Card Clash PS4 (a few opinions)

• Hex: Card Clash PS4 (a few opinions)

I have seen numerous posts giving a lot of hate towards the PS4 community, let me clarify some of the issues I have heard. Let me preface this by saying this game is an awesome TCG, I truly was hooked until the newest update. All 5 games I've tried since the update either ended in hard freeze errors, or bugs freezing the cursor making the game unplayable; ultimately forcing me to D/C.

1. PS4 players quitting too much - When your cursor freezes (always on a constant) rendering you unable to play the game; yeah quitting is the only answer. It's not our fault the game does not redirect us back to the match when we restart. There are also numerous times the game hard freezes (blue error screen), also not our fault. :thumbdown:

2. PS4 players not buying competitive Decks - some of us are trying to see if we like the game before we pour our hard earned money into it, getting smashed by "PC uber decks", and dealing with errors and crashing drives me away from making a purchase as much as I really like this game. :thumbdown:

3. Auction House is barely functional...

PS4 players, and PC players should be segregated until specific requirements are met in order to assure a fair level of play. I should not be forced to spend $50 - $100 on packs in order to hope for a chance at fair competition, especially when seasons are changing soon.

This game is half baked on PS4 right now, it feels like they contracted this game out to a no-name developer, and they ruined it. There is no reason this game could not have been a direct port from PC, with input controls changed to the Controller; instead we get a totally different game that forces us to deal with players who have been at it for 3 years "smashing us like baby seals on the beach".

Until the game is fixed, do not expect the PS4 community to pick up our wallets and support this game. I hope they get on it as I was truly planning on buying a ton of "P" and loading up for next season.
    • faced a ps4 player today, he had to reconnect several times, seems like there are some real problems... feels a bit like steam lauch, cant get a second chance for a first impression.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Cernz wrote:

faced a ps4 player today, he had to reconnect several times, seems like there are some real problems... feels a bit like steam lauch, cant get a second chance for a first impression.

That just shows us, again, HexE are awesome cards game designers but beyound hopeless video games programmers, unable to deliver a functionnal game at release and struggling weeks and weeks to fix their mess... Nothing new under the sun here....

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gregangel ().

• I've faced several PS4 players and yeah, it's a bit like the "bashing baby seals" comparison made in the op, but that experience would be the same on PC if you don't want to spend money to get competitive cards. Connections were slow but at the time there were no noticeable bugs. Hex developers will patch those issues soon enough. Don't bitch like you've never played a video game with bugs after release.

What the PS4 players are really missing is the PvE experience. That would give them other ways to play and acquire currency to build up their collection.

Come play on PC if you can, and the PS4 experience isn't quite what you're looking for atm. You can transfer your account to PS4 later...
    • CoastCity wrote:

Don't bitch like you've never played a video game with bugs after release.

What the PS4 players are really missing is the PvE experience. That would give them other ways to play and acquire currency to build up their collection.

Come play on PC if you can, and the PS4 experience isn't quite what you're looking for atm. You can transfer your account to PS4 later...
      I am not bitching, I am just explaining to some of those throwing shade at us PS4 players. BTW, I work on computers all day, I like to relax on my couch and play PS4 when I get home, not hunch over my PC at the house. I am not telling you to do anything, I just threw out my own two sense.

Also as stated before they release the game right before a season change, not really the best time to be buying cards if your a new player...BTW I stated I was ready to buy plenty of cards for the new season, but if it's still a broken mess, I'll just buy a new game and move on... Not really a major issue, or a threat to the developers, just a fact.

Come on man, I didn't come here to be called a bitch.. just stating facts about this broken game on the PS4, the bugs are more than prevalent, I am not sure how the latest patch got past HEXE Q/A, if there is any. I am starting to wonder if they are worthy of the support, or just a mediocre fly-by-night game developer with some extraordinary artwork and TCG ideas.

You and the others I've stated throwing shade at us PS4 players for not shoveling over $$ hand-over-fist to support your game immediately, or be called a "bitch" are also not making it an enjoyable experience when we literally have no forum section, or anywhere else to post our issues but here. FFS chill out and let us explain ourselves.
    • welcome psychosious

that sucks about people slamming ps4 players, probably people venting because they are used to being BMed (is that the term?) sometimes by asshole players,
      or just are unawares that shit is messed up on ps4 client.

Alot (most?) of us actually wish we could talk to yall ps4 players to give hints and tips and just to shoot the shit...also pass off cards to people that are just starting out.

but yeah a few bad apples :(

there are often people streaming if ya want to join and watch a few matches and chat and raffles to join different formats.

more or less, sometimes forums are a bitchy shit show but there are also swell peeps that are just normal...

also people in and out of this discord channel all day discord.gg/UBDfVC

as far as bugs pretty sure the devs are trying their best to round them all up and squash them but hopefully alot sooner than later!
    • @Psychosious Noone is hating the PS4 players. At most I've seen people wondering why they always DC.

Psychosious wrote:

1. PS4 players quitting too much - When your cursor freezes (always on a constant) rendering you unable to play the game; yeah quitting is the only answer. It's not our fault the game does not redirect us back to the match when we restart. There are also numerous times the game hard freezes (blue error screen), also not our fault.

2. PS4 players not buying competitive Decks - some of us are trying to see if we like the game before we pour our hard earned money into it, getting smashed by "PC uber decks", and dealing with errors and crashing drives me away from making a purchase as much as I really like this game.

3. Auction House is barely functional...
      All of these are GAME issues. We know that the PS4 port is not up to par, we're not blaming the players. In fact, the best advice at the moment for anyone that likes the game is to play it on PC. You probably are pretty new and haven't read much of the discussions since Aug./Sept.

You're saying that the PC community is hostile, your shots are missfiring. Just join in and let HXE know that they did a very questionable job with the port.

Bizznach wrote:

that sucks about people slamming ps4 players, probably people venting because they are used to being BMed (is that the term?) sometimes by asshole players,
      or just are unawares that shit is messed up on ps4 client.
      Dude, NOONE is slamming PS4 players, the OP is either misunderstanding or super easily offended.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vroengard ().

• Vroengard --

I am not saying everybody has been hostile towards the PS4 community. I'm simply saying In my search for assistance with the PS4 client I found many threads literally stating we PS4 players are not good for the economy of Hex, nor the community of Hex because we quit all the time under the impressions that we're quitting because were not buying powerful decks...

This is literally a week after the game came out, and were dealing with numerous bugs, trying to learn the game and cards, much less dealing with severe competitive issues facing a well established community pounding newcomers... I'm all for diving in with the wolves getting blood on your face, but getting smoked in 5 shards by a deck full of unlocked-art cards is not the best welcoming party for any new gamer when skill is only part of the determining factor in victory.

It seems there are just some elitists who get easily offended when they realize their community is not so friendly to newcomers; issues arise when trying to find valid technical support for the PS4 client, and in the user forums where we're getting bashed for forcing people to deal with 12 minutes of nothingness after players quit when the game is highly unstable on the PS4 client-side.

What I am saying is after three freezes and a cursors locking up constantly, do not expect us to turn the game back on just to forfeit for your convenience.

I am not trying to argue with people on here, I simply am stating what I have seen from the community. Not everybody but many have acted this way. Like it or not, it is what it is.

This thread is full of what I am talking about.
      Brutally honest review: Hex Card Clash, Why does this game exist?

Hell, man it's you doing it....

This is you word for word....
      "The majority of PS4 players people have encountered has, reportedly, not added a single new card to their starting decks. This is not a success financialy. And it might not be a success in numbers either, as the average player would give, what, a couple weeks at most playing the free deck before seeing that they can't progress any more without spending money and, instead of doing that, decides that he's had enough fun for two weeks and it's time to check another cheaper game."

You totally misrepresent PS4 players.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Psychosious ().

• @Psychosious You still didn't understand what I'm saying, at all.

It's the port's current state's fault that the PS4 experience is not good enough for the PS4 players to get invested. It's what every sensible gamer would do.

You say I totally misrepresent PS4 players, but you yourself said

Psychosious wrote:

Until the game is fixed, do not expect the PS4 community to pick up our wallets and support this game.
      I think you either don't understand what people are saying or you like being a contrarian.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Dude, NOONE is slamming PS4 players, the OP is either misunderstanding or super easily offended.
      Thats funny because i have seen it.
      It's not like they are grabbing pitchforks and making 40 pages of forum posts but i have seen people complain...a few people start talking about DCs and calling it intentional until people correct them.

I have also seen mostly players a bit bummed that they have no way of helping out new players with tips or free cards to help their decks.

And as far as reading much of the discussions since aug/sept, the forums at least, are certainly hostile in my most humble opinion.

Anyways OP we are mostly a good bunch and wish we had a way to communicate better aaaand hope to see ya in game :)
    • @Bizznach

1) I already mentioned the "Too many DC's" bit in post number 8.

2) People being bummed that they have no way of helping out is frustration aimed at the port, not the players (i.e. they are "Damn, this port isn't letting me help PS4 players", not "Damn, I want to help PS4 players but they are so arrogant / ignorant and not letting me")

3) They are hostile TOWARDS THE PORTED PRODUCT, not the players.

I cannot believe that the distinction between the two has brought you (plural) such confusion. "The port sucks" =/= "The port's players suck".
    • What Vroengard says is correct. I've seen no instance of people being hostile to PS4 players on this forum.

There is a lot of critique on the PS4 client and for good reasons. (Apparently, I don't have one so can't check.) There is no reason for anyone to be hostile to PS4 players, so why would they?
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • @Psychosious
      Thanks for sharing.
      I think most of us here are very hopeful that the PS4 launch goes well, and a lot of PS4 players come to HEX and stay.

It is probably more frustrating to us, to hear about your bugs and issues, because we've experienced them too, and don't wish that on anyone, especially those being onboarded to the game as a new experience. It's horrible for HEX, and it's horrible for you guys as players.

I'll open up another cold one, and toast to HEX figuring this shit out, so retention is not such a disaster with future launches and fixes. I hope the PS4 playerbase that is trying, is getting well compensated for issues outside of their control.

I won't get started on the AH.... Once they figure that out, the game will be 100% better to play, and 200% better at retaining players.

Really excited that Fight Nights introduced a new avenue for especially PS4 players to fight competitively at a relatively even playing field too. Hopefully interest grows there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by NicoSharp ().

• Vroengard wrote:

@Psychosious Noone is hating the PS4 players. At most I've seen people wondering why they always DC.
      Ironically, you have been the most hateful towards the PS4 community, saying that releasing there was a bad idea and that they're a mistake.

It's easy to say 'oh I'm just saying it was expensive'... but the reality is by saying that, if a PS4 player comes and reads it, you're dismissing THEM as being not worth Hex's time, Which... is actually negativity towards them.

@Psychosious I promise you - the players who feel that way are a vocal minority. Most of us are just saddened by the issues you're experiencing and worry that you guys will give up before Hex finishing fixing your client. :)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Ironically, you have been the most hateful towards the PS4 community, saying that releasing there was a bad idea and that they're a mistake.
      Did you read the quoted below?

Vroengard wrote:

I cannot believe that the distinction between the two has brought you (plural) such confusion. "The port sucks" =/= "The port's players suck".

I saw it, but you're wrong. That HASN'T been your primary message(or at least it hasn't been how your message has been worded, I obviously can't know your intent) - you can butter it up now by trying to claim that was the case, but you've said numerous things implying that it wasn't worth releasing on ps4, which - from their perspective - would logically be taken to mean you feel they're not worth the effort.

But I won't argue further.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

it wasn't worth releasing on ps4, which - from their perspective - would logically be taken to mean you feel they're not worth the effort.
      Even though I know that there's no point arguing with you, I would like to point out that I still believe it was not worth releasing on PS4 and that still doesn't mean that the PS4 players are whatever the OP thinks we said they are.