Friday Update! 11.03.17

• Friday Update! 11.03.17

Huzza Mofo! Tis' Friday-ith, and all the land of merry-ment is alive with the spicy, meaty, minty, sweet flavor of FRIDAY... hark'n to this little know fable... the word Friday is derived from Frilonius the Greek god of disgusting stews... YES! from his lonely island off the cost of greeklandia the fabulously bearded god would concoct epic recipes that included seagulls, bubble gum, and non-edible silca packets from inside electronics shipping boxes... he would spring these unholy feasts on sailors that ventured to close to his shore and didn't already have plans for later that evening, like maybe more fishing or really anything... so as you "party-harty" this Friday, pour one out for Frilonius... preferably one of the those fucking gross Clamato drinks... I think he would like that... because its gross.

Well as we kick back and cap off another hard week, we are STILL basking in the glow of Halloween... so we are celebrating... HEX HQ HALLOWEEN FRIDAY.... huh... that makes no sense, we DID have a Halloween party, look at this!
      hahahaha.... awesome... fucking Jared didn't even wear a costume! actually he said he was dressed as Jared from Subway... seemed pretty inappropriate.

I actually didn't attend the party I was at home getting ready for trick or treaters...
      first I slipped into something more comfortable and prepped the candy...

now I was ready to "bargain" with the neighborhood kids for candy... these kids need to remember NOTHING is free... hahahaha
      not sure the parents will appreciate it, but they should have prepared their kids for this sort of thing... I mean REALLY!
      Here is the contract kids signed

I collected a number of souls and consider the whole endeavor a success!

SO... let get to the Update on the Update!

So we start off with the update with more Dead of Winter story... wow, total gut punch... Puck has been killed... a very sad moment, I actually love that little guy so it pains me to see him go. Remember these deaths are happening RIGHT now in THIS SET.. the consequence and REVENGE will be next set... better watch yourself Lord Blight-bark I know a little blue guy that's about to go insane! I love the deep dive into the storytelling and lore, Nathan has done a great job bringing these stories to life and I hope everyone is enjoying reading as much as we have enjoyed creating it.

Speaking of creating, we had a great one two punch on our process to create cards starting with Corey walking through the evolution of a card design, personally I am glad it didn't end at that second to last card... that 2 cost endless deck destruction looked... a bit rough. I DO want the Spellbobble Gobbler... that card look RAD! We also had the opportunity to see Tyler work (always a thrill) AND got to meet one of the HEX artists... Konstantin! one of my favorite people on the last set... I mean just look at those Merry Caravan cards... AND the Nannamancer! FUCKING amazing!

we are knee deep and in the thick of an astounding spoiler season so let me jump into the mix with this guy....

TADA! the next Eternal!

look at that! so fun and such a fancy outfit... its FANCY LAD the Eternal. I love the cost reduction effect, its SOOOO dangerous for design but this is a great place for it to live and give the Johnny deck builders something fun to play around with. I am super excited by it.

not a huge update update... BUT I did want to leave you with the full art of the VERY sad and lonely Balthasar... (I am sure he will find company directly after this performance) , the audience members are so great :)

*holding up lighter*
      love you all and hope you have a great weekend!
      -cory
    • Fancy Lad the Eternal looks quite appealing, if can just build a draw engine around him to draw cards as fast as can play them.

While Brosi will be enraged, I don't see the Caravan winning that particular grudge match; my money's on Blightbark or Luminaries prevailing in the end, unless someone finds an answer to the raw power of Blightbark or for taking Lyvaanth out the equation.
      Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    • Corvus wrote:

Fancy Lad the Eternal looks quite appealing, if can just build a draw engine around him to draw cards as fast as can play them.

While Brosi will be enraged, I don't see the Caravan winning that particular grudge match; my money's on Blightbark or Luminaries prevailing in the end, unless someone finds an answer to the raw power of Blightbark or for taking Lyvaanth out the equation.
      My bet blightbark will become a lich in set 9. Locke is a genius and will create chaos and might even kill Lyvaanth (smarts beats raw power).
    • What a spoiler!

I was sad for the death of Puck but this full art on the new Balthazar is just perfect for the mood.

After mourning, comes the battle for revenge! Just you wait until these party animals start putting some of Locke's feral fuel into their drink before battle... You think you've seen chaos, but I don't think we are prepared for that kind of chaos!
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • The murder of Puck who I liked but his murder was a god knows how long they've been married anniversary present so I guess it cancels the horror out. A lich and his wife aaaw such a cute homicidal couple. I'm rooting for ya! Pun not intended I just realized I made a pun heh... 'rooting'
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)