Suggestion: Increase visibility of cosmic rankings below the top 100

• Suggestion: Increase visibility of cosmic rankings below the top 100

With the increase popularity of HEXTCG, there is also a need for more support for PVP visibility, since it's become clear that this is the primary focus for development for the immediate future. With that said, one of the easiest fixes, is adding in more visibility for the ranking of players that are cosmic, but not in the top 100. This is an important addition to induce more drive for players to climb to the top. Like any ranking system, if they don't know what their ranking is, what drive do they have to keep competing once they've hit cosmic? Especially since Cosmic coins are not introduced yet.

Players shouldn't need to rely on third party applications to see a ranking for what is essentially a UI fix.

As a side note. Personally I think the ranking system is too basic. Either there needs to be an additional tier above cosmic, or one below it. It's too easy to hit cosmic, and if we expect an influx of players, the system should require more effort than a night of playing to hit cosmic.
    • Mainstream wrote:

As a side note. Personally I think the ranking system is too basic. Either there needs to be an additional tier above cosmic, or one below it. It's too easy to hit cosmic, and if we expect an influx of players, the system should require more effort than a night of playing to hit cosmic.
      from bronze to cosmic the ladder is mean to be just a grinding tool to get reward.
      The real lezderboard start when you are cosmic. So no need at all to make it much harder to climb.
    • Yeah, but how can the players who are below 100 grind effectively if they can't see their progress in the client? Ranking categories should also have a real meaning if you're going to base a tournament around the whole process and reset them.
    • Neverness wrote:

Cosmic players do know there rankings outside of the top 100. The ranking is superimposed over the cosmic badge at the bottom of the screen.
      I thought this too, but i've never been below top 100 in cosmic rankings. My friend however hit cosmic and this wasn't the case. He didn't have a ranking at all. Just a cosmic symbol.
    • Okay, if its updating the rank sporadically then maybe that's a bug.

The OP is stating that people outside of the top 100 don't know their ranking, however, from my own personal experience, I've always know my ranking when in Cosmic. Maybe by seeing notifications when it changes, or looking at the cosmic badge, so you definitely don't need to be consulting the hex.tcgbrowser.com ladder tracker to see where you are currently placed.

Note, I'm usually Cosmic in limited, maybe this issue only affects the Constructed Cosmic ranking?

Looking at the OPs opening statement.

With the increase popularity of HEXTCG, there is also a need for more support for PVP visibility, since it's become clear that this is the primary focus for development for the immediate future.

From the Charity Stream interview, the primary focus for development in the near future is increasing the number of platforms, and markets to play the game in. They have not said that PVP is there primary focus.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neverness ().

• Neverness wrote:

Okay, if its updating the rank sporadically then maybe that's a bug.

The OP is stating that people outside of the top 100 don't know their ranking, however, from my own personal experience, I've always know my ranking when in Cosmic. Maybe by seeing notifications when it changes, or looking at the cosmic badge, so you definitely don't need to be consulting the hex.tcgbrowser.com ladder tracker to see where you are currently placed.

Note, I'm usually Cosmic in limited, maybe this issue only affects the Constructed Cosmic ranking?

Looking at the OPs opening statement.

With the increase popularity of HEXTCG, there is also a need for more support for PVP visibility, since it's become clear that this is the primary focus for development for the immediate future.

From the Charity Stream interview, the primary focus for development in the near future is increasing the number of platforms, and markets to play the game in. They have not said that PVP is there primary focus.
      Semantics at that point, if you've only talked about real pvp progress and development, and nothing concrete about pve progress, that would demonstrate a focus on pvp.

I am talking about constructed though in reference to Cosmic. My friend was definitely in 3 digit cosmic, and nothing was displaying, so maybe it seems that's a bug like everyone is saying.
    • Maybe, but I point it out to try and quell the echo chamber of people saying that Hex is focused on PVP and no longer on PVE, when that isn't true if you listen to Cory's interview. By just stating that as an aside to the main point about ranking visibility, you are raising the noise level ;)

Glad you've created a new post in the Bugs forum.