sad but true - daily quests!

• Transience wrote:

Darkwonders wrote:

Dalies can be a pain in the ass.

Heck, I technically have "dalies" with my spectral oaks, and I can't be bothered to log in every day to collect the acorns.
      Heheh, I stopped doing that after 10 days.
      I have over 100 Acorns now and I'm wondering why I bought the Oak in the first place. I think it was just too shiny to resist.

Seconded. I thought, hey, this will pay off! I can just sell my acorns for an infinite free supply of gold! Except now, selling off a month of acorns doesn't give you enough to spin a legendary chest. Not that I waste 30k spinning those, but for example.
    • Monthieu wrote:

Relux, how? HOW? You have thrown down two likes in two threads in two minutes. Do you have a like bot? Are you a like bot?
      My liking abilities are not to be understimated.

P.S. Nah, it is because I just open all unread threads in different tabs and them go trhough the tabs tu read trhough all unread threads switly. Makes keeping up with the forums easier.
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • i concur. its really simple, it brings traffic in the ques. just have save system so you can clear them every three days or what ever. give us us something to strive for daily and we will do it. yes its dirty, its cynical but it bloody works. if it feels bad, make them wacky and we can laugh at each other in the que when we meet each other trying to win a game with merry caravan or something
    • Vestrit wrote:

the problem really compared to ccgs is how to reward them. most ccgs reward almost a pack a day, cant really work that way here so not sure what the rewards should be?
      +1. Big rewards would destroy HEX's economy. (If at some point it is a question of survival of the game, I'd be OK HEX to change economy model, but not now)

Tiny rewards would be nothing to care of, and almost nowbody would make those quests on daily basis.

Also, people would start to compare HEX to other games like "I can make two quests per day in game X, and get a booster pack, and I need a week to get a booster in HEX, are you kiddin me? WTF?", and it may even hurt HEX.
    • We have the account leveling.

If people think that more direct interactivity is needed, and if HXE agrees, I'd like to see it implemented in a way that's interwined with the account leveling system.

Maybe make it more difficult to climb or allow for infinite progression, with generic rewards (random card(s), chests, Gold, PvP booster) for most levels and set rewards only every 50 or 100 levels.

And then have dailies . weeklies . monthlies contribute to some sort of bar that you can empty in order to interact with your account leveling.

Example: A daily quest is 1 point, a weekly quest is 2, a monthly quest is 3. And you may spend 15 points to make the "You get 3 random cards of the latest set" into "YOu get 5 random cards of the latest set" OR "You get 2 random cards of the latest set, one guaranteed to be a Rare"
    • ReluxTheRelux wrote:

Monthieu wrote:

Relux, how? HOW? You have thrown down two likes in two threads in two minutes. Do you have a like bot? Are you a like bot?
      My liking abilities are not to be understimated.
      P.S. Nah, it is because I just open all unread threads in different tabs and them go trhough the tabs tu read trhough all unread threads switly. Makes keeping up with the forums easier.
      I have tried to explain to Relux that liking 80% of all the forum is creating more noice than information for other players, but the message has yet to be processed. :)
    • No, I checked all rules and guidelines regarding likes after you PM'd me. there a no mentions of likes in there. Infact of all posts Dinotropia made only 2 contained the word "like" and neither of them referred to likes in the forum. So there is no official mention of the actual intention of likes.
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • Vroengard wrote:

We have the account leveling.

If people think that more direct interactivity is needed, and if HXE agrees, I'd like to see it implemented in a way that's interwined with the account leveling system.

Maybe make it more difficult to climb or allow for infinite progression, with generic rewards (random card(s), chests, Gold, PvP booster) for most levels and set rewards only every 50 or 100 levels.

And then have dailies . weeklies . monthlies contribute to some sort of bar that you can empty in order to interact with your account leveling.

Example: A daily quest is 1 point, a weekly quest is 2, a monthly quest is 3. And you may spend 15 points to make the "You get 3 random cards of the latest set" into "YOu get 5 random cards of the latest set" OR "You get 2 random cards of the latest set, one guaranteed to be a Rare"
      I think the distinction here is the account leveling is very general. You have one type of XP and you can gain it from either PvE or PvP and you can do the exact same thing every day to level your account before eventually hitting the level cap.

Daily quests, on the other hand, would provide unique challenges each day to encourage players to do something different. If you get a quest to win PvP matches with a certain card in your deck or to challenge a particular campaign encounter and beat it in a certain way, those quests promote variation, as opposed to the account leveling system which certainly encourages daily play, but does nothing to promote variation in play.