Dungeoncrawler worthless with no real updates on PvE...?

• NicoSharp wrote:

The point is, we were more so paying for the experience to dine at the restaurant before anyone else, not so much what we chose to order on the menu.
      You're taking an awful lot of responsibility upon yourself, speaking for all Kickstarter backers like that. I certainly don't recall electing you as our spokesperson.

As for being hard to take people seriously when they complain about not getting what they were promised they'd get almost five years ago, that's about the most callously dismissive thing I've ever heard. There isn't a statute of limitations on disappointment.
    • Guild Leader and Raid Leader has the intent of the backer tier baked right into the tier name. If Hex is unwilling or unable to deliver on the concept they should own it and convert these tiers into something else. Since they haven't done that, it seems pretty clear that they still have plans to deliver on those at some point.

Players chiming in and saying, "no you're fine", is just annoying noise. Hex's timidity about communicating with it's customers only further enables this nonsense.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Guild Leader or Raid Leader backer.
    • Reread the title of this thread. Its asking if the various Kickstarter Tiers got any value, or were they worthless?

Guild Leader and Raid Leader, as an interim benefit, got Dungeon Crawler bonus, and free drafts for life.
      You can bemoan that guilds and raids aren't currently in the game, but you cant state that you got nothing of worth.
      And thats all that NicoSharp is saying, sure complain about guilds/raids not yet being in the game, but don't state as a GL or RL that you didn't get any benefits.

NicoSharp wrote:

It's hard to take people seriously that are still complaining about something they bought four years ago not giving them the experience advertised. (Even though admittedly, we all want something more from HEX - It's not in relation to not getting enough for the KS tier we backed at)
    • Zurai wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

The point is, we were more so paying for the experience to dine at the restaurant before anyone else, not so much what we chose to order on the menu.
      You're taking an awful lot of responsibility upon yourself, speaking for all Kickstarter backers like that. I certainly don't recall electing you as our spokesperson.
      As for being hard to take people seriously when they complain about not getting what they were promised they'd get almost five years ago, that's about the most callously dismissive thing I've ever heard. There isn't a statute of limitations on disappointment.
      Not many things you pay for retain full, or greater than full value several years after you purchased them. There are not even any loses to cut if you choose to rip off that band-aid of disappointment.

Most everyone knows how Kickstarter works, and there are different types of campaigns that get squeezed in there. Sure, I'll sign up as a spokesperson for common sense....
    • I am raid leader tier and I am obviously disappointed with not having raids. However, I get a draft a week along with the dungeon bonus.

Am I pissed that pve is getting less focus, absolutely and I think Hex is missing a major opportunity for ways to monetize pve.

Am I pissed about the rewards I have gotten as a raid leader, no.
    • Typhonstein wrote:

Guild Leader and Raid Leader has the intent of the backer tier baked right into the tier name. If Hex is unwilling or unable to deliver on the concept they should own it and convert these tiers into something else. Since they haven't done that, it seems pretty clear that they still have plans to deliver on those at some point.
      They did do that, when they gave RL/GM the benefits from the other tiers indefinitely.
    • Darklight wrote:

It's kind of feeling like they are stringing along the PvE diehards because there are not enough of us to cater too, but enough of us that, if we left, the game would die.
      This is exactly 100% what I once told Nicosharp.

[Conspiracy theory] ... until they get enough PS4 players / general players (Still waiting for that Sony marketing) that they can safely ditch it.
    • Why would they ditch it if they have enough players? If they have enough players it actually means that they can safely spend resources on projects that don't attract new players. Also; in case you didn't know: Glorious Leader actually loves everything PvE so he's not going to ditch it if he had the choice.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Darklight wrote:

It's kind of feeling like they are stringing along the PvE diehards because there are not enough of us to cater too, but enough of us that, if we left, the game would die.
      This is exactly what it feels like and I don't understand why there isn't some official statement (to directly address the communities concerns rather than bits and pieces in interviews/blogs/forum posts etc) to reassure those that dig the (promised and backed) PVE side of the game that they *are* still working towards the carrots that were dangled all those years ago.Where is the roadmap, seriously?
      You should really re-watch or re-listen to the last two interview Cory did. Along to that, re-read the last few weeks of Friday updates Cory does on the forums. He keeps repeating that they are committed to PVE, mentions what they are working on, and even a very high level priority list they have for releasing content. Off course committed doesn't mean that they are prioritizing its development but it does mean they do intend to get new PVE content out in the future.You have multiple written statements and recorded interviews where the head of the company commits to it. Most of it very recent.

The question is not to know if they are committed or not, the question is rather to know if you trust their words or not. What they are saying, however, is loud and clear through multiple official channels that they are in fact very invested in pursuing PVE for Hex.
      I have no doubts that they are committed to PVE is *some* way, shape or form but what exactly is it that they are looking to deliver? Is it really too much to ask for something more than artwork for a single dungeon and yet more words? What have we *seen* since AZ2 was released other than FRA2.0 and the aforementioned artwork? As Darklight has said, it's really starting to feel like a vocal portion of the community is being strung along in the hope that they either start playing PVP or just go play something else.
      As Darklight said, they are commited to definitely keep it as long as they can't safely get rid of it. [this is a theory, read below for more]

Transience wrote:

Glorious Leader actually loves everything PvE so he's not going to ditch it if he had the choice.
      Actually, during his previous-to-last interview, he admitted that the PvE as it currently is is a travesty of his ideas clashing with the rest of the team's ideas and producing this off-spawn. If he had the chance he'd re-create it from the ground up.

Also I refer you to a conspiracy theory that "PvE is set up to fail". One could say that PvE is in a lose-lose situation because

1. PS4 release goes good : "PS4 went so good and it had no PvE, it means this game can run without PvE"

2. PS4 release goes bad : "PS4 release failed, we had so much invested into it" which leads to [i.] Game being barely or no sustainable any more or [ii.] Team having to double-down on PvP since they've sunk so much into it.

It is a conspiracy theory, but whatever this might mean nowadays, it describes something that could in reality be happening. It's not unheard of.

Video game players are the one group of humans that has been burned the most (both in amount, in emotional investment and in monetary investment) the most by broken promises, missed deadlines and things that could have been. If you don't believe me, start researching some video game history or "Top 10's" of video game disappointments in YT. Think about it for a second.
    • I'm okay with how the DC tier turned out. Not particular happy but not unsatisfied either. To me the DC tier has become such a negligible thing (as opposed to getting it all on release years ago). I play so much HEX from PvE to PvP that I don't have to worry about platinum anymore. So now even if CZE somehow releases a crap ton of PvE content and the DC bonuses can benefit from it, I wouldn't really care.
    • Vroengard wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

CoachFliperon wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Darklight wrote:

This is exactly what it feels like and I don't understand why there isn't some official statement (to directly address the communities concerns rather than bits and pieces in interviews/blogs/forum posts etc) to reassure those that dig the (promised and backed) PVE side of the game that they *are* still working towards the carrots that were dangled all those years ago.Where is the roadmap, seriously?
      You should really re-watch or re-listen to the last two interview Cory did. Along to that, re-read the last few weeks of Friday updates Cory does on the forums. He keeps repeating that they are committed to PVE, mentions what they are working on, and even a very high level priority list they have for releasing content. Off course committed doesn't mean that they are prioritizing its development but it does mean they do intend to get new PVE content out in the future.You have multiple written statements and recorded interviews where the head of the company commits to it. Most of it very recent.
      The question is not to know if they are committed or not, the question is rather to know if you trust their words or not. What they are saying, however, is loud and clear through multiple official channels that they are in fact very invested in pursuing PVE for Hex.
      I have no doubts that they are committed to PVE is *some* way, shape or form but what exactly is it that they are looking to deliver? Is it really too much to ask for something more than artwork for a single dungeon and yet more words? What have we *seen* since AZ2 was released other than FRA2.0 and the aforementioned artwork? As Darklight has said, it's really starting to feel like a vocal portion of the community is being strung along in the hope that they either start playing PVP or just go play something else.
      As Darklight said, they are commited to definitely keep it as long as they can't safely get rid of it. [this is a theory, read below for more]

Transience wrote:

Glorious Leader actually loves everything PvE so he's not going to ditch it if he had the choice.
      Actually, during his previous-to-last interview, he admitted that the PvE as it currently is is a travesty of his ideas clashing with the rest of the team's ideas and producing this off-spawn. If he had the chance he'd re-create it from the ground up.
      Also I refer you to a conspiracy theory that "PvE is set up to fail". One could say that PvE is in a lose-lose situation because

1. PS4 release goes good : "PS4 went so good and it had no PvE, it means this game can run without PvE"

2. PS4 release goes bad : "PS4 release failed, we had so much invested into it" which leads to [i.] Game being barely or no sustainable any more or [ii.] Team having to double-down on PvP since they've sunk so much into it.

It is a conspiracy theory, but whatever this might mean nowadays, it describes something that could in reality be happening. It's not unheard of.

Video game players are the one group of humans that has been burned the most (both in amount, in emotional investment and in monetary investment) the most by broken promises, missed deadlines and things that could have been. If you don't believe me, start researching some video game history or "Top 10's" of video game disappointments in YT. Think about it for a second.
      you seem to have watched a very different interview than I did...I wonder if it would make a difference if I wore a tinfoil hat while watching it.
    • I don't expect it to go away, but I do expect it to be SEVERELY tamped down in comparison to what we were supposed to get. We might get an AZ per 2 years, and if raids never materialize then...well...won't be surprised. They'll get multiplayer in one year just to be able to have another PvP avenue.
    • Monthieu wrote:

I don't expect it to go away, but I do expect it to be SEVERELY tamped down in comparison to what we were supposed to get. We might get an AZ per 2 years, and if raids never materialize then...well...won't be surprised. They'll get multiplayer in one year just to be able to have another PvP avenue.
      if they get multiplayer in we will get raids. I would be truly surprised if this wasn't the case.
    • Sukebe wrote:

you seem to have watched a very different interview than I did...I wonder if it would make a difference if I wore a tinfoil hat while watching it.
      No, but if you took the rose colored glasses off, it might make a difference.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.