Friday Update! 10.27.17

• Friday Update! 10.27.17

So I hear we're having another Fri·day today... I would like to partake of this Fri·day... that's how its pronounced correct? FRI-DAY? yes I believe I will do the FRIDAY!!!
      *starts rubbing peanut-butter on face* ahhh traditional FRIDAY BUTTER FACE... my celebration is in full regalia now!

As you know we are prone to celebrating here at HEX HQ on Fridays... and what could be more fun than AMATEUR MEDICAL CHECK UP FRIDAY!! yes, we have excellent health insurance here at HEX but who has time to wait at the doctors office when you can get a quick check up right here from ME!!!
      So I started off with Jared and some amateur X-RAYS (fun fact if you run the microwave with the door open and put your "patents" head RIGHT IN FRONT of the opening then put a piece of photo paper on the other side you get a half way decent X-RAY!) let take a peek a-boo inside...

hmmm...not working better dial up the microwave...
      There we go!...

AHA! just as I expected Jared has a full grown King Cobra living in his head, it all makes sense now, the spitting, the slithering... the susceptibility to flute based music...
      ...my diagnosis... TOTALLY Awesome! I mean shit... Jared has a poisonous COBRA living in his goddamn head... rock on Jared.... you will probably be dead soon but know you lived to the snakey MAX!!!

OK enough of that horseshit!

lets get to the Friday Update UPDATE!!!
      and WOW its a big one, I mean its to be expected now that we have entered the "spoiler season" *dramatic music Que*

We really took of like rocket for Dead of Winter... spoiling the champions AND the key words!
      Let me start off by saying... PORTALS! its going to be so much fun, you have ZERO idea, its amazing and I am so looking forward to 8-8-7 draft... I know! how can we pull ourselves away from Kismet Draft?!? well let me tell you the new format is going to be insane... so much fun.
      also, wait until you get play with Verdict hahahahaa... such a crazy design space, going to make for some interesting games.

the champions look great, I think Adoni-Zeddek is going to be the all-star but we will see... that's my prediction so stock up on him now before the price goes up!
      and if you want to know more about our Twilight friends be sure to read the amazing lore articles!

we also have Armies of Myth and Primal Dawn rotating out... I shed a salty tear (I know its healthy but its so hard to say goodbye)
      there needs to be a slow motion "in-Memorial" for some of these cards... gone to soon
      *slow pan and fade shot* Windsinger... Vampire Princess... Syzygy... Phenteo... Periwinkle... Crocosaur... Balthasar... Rune Ear Hierophant... High Infinitrix... Artisanal Cheesesmythe... Tribunal Magistrate... actual good... fuck the magistrate!
      so many good cards, thank goodness we have the immortal format and we hope to keep making it better and better! more tournaments and more prizes! we want it to be amazing!

oh before I forget please take a moment to go HERE and vote for the next Ladder Sleeve, clearly there is only one "correct" choice!

so next up we announced the FIGHT NIGHT! a really fun new format for the HEX Primal crew with a rich ROCK flavor, the perfect way to try out competitive play for the "newish" HEX fan.
      Also, we sort of accidentally rained on Funktion's rock parade and that made me sad *tears* so we are working on a cool little weirdo format that he can run Tuesdays! look for it in a month or so...

oh back to IMMORTAL, should have done this part before when I mentioned rotation... the Primal Championship happened! ya I was talking about Immortal before should have brought it up then, but I am to lazy to re-write this, and now I have written all this explaining that I should have gone back and re-written it... damn, I could have just re-written it in the time I did all this...

ANYWAY!...
      looks at those winners... Grats Metronomy!
      enjoy the AA Rune Ear!

we have another BIG tournament coming up the COSMIC CROWN SHOWDOWN!!! I did grind my way to cosmic with my puck rush deck, BUT I am not qualified, I think I'm in the mid 300s... DAMN! I could use that sweet prize money :) anyway if you ARE qualified save the date Nov. 11th and 12th!!!

Not sure if you heard but we have a pretty cool charity stream going on... thanks to the amazing HEX community... I am always blown away by how giving and generous this community is, we have so many awesome people playing HEX and the show of generosity and caring this event creates every year is beyond great... I feel incredible privileged that each of you has dedicated so much time to HEX, I have said it 100000 times but in my 25 years in the video game business I have NEVER seen a community like we have in HEX, its truly unique.

and thanks again for allowing me to kick things off with HAVOC and Funktion... and thanks to coach for the "sum up" on the forum... that worked out well <X just kidding... I know Coach had the best of intentions (I love you)... I could only stick with that thread for a couple of pages tho...

I hope you like the Diamonds favor AA and sleeve, secret side note the bird is going to eat that little dog... sorry... its the truth... CAN YOU HANDLE IT!!! 36 page forum thread...GO!

HAHAHHAHAAH!!!

I love you all, shit almost forgot here is a spoiler... LOOK AT THIS MADMAN!

BEAST MODE!

and last but not least... how about those standard animated cards for the ENTITY!!!

We really wanted to push the conceptual boundaries of what the entities could look like.. I mean what the HELL are they? I think it turned out so very very cool, I hope you love them.

let me know if you like the idea of fun stuff like this in the standard pack or do you think we should always save it for rewards?...

again Love you all, and hope you have the best weekend possible

-cory
    • I'd like to address something said in the interview (and elsewhere), and it's gonna be free of drama and sentiment. I just think it's better to not create a new thread for that.

Saying that PvE is low priority because it's not a good source of income the moment that so little of PvE is out and there's been incredibly little to almost none try for monetization of PvE is a self-fulfilling prophecy and definitely not an awesome reasoning. I understand that obviously there must be some secret behind the scenes theorycrafting about it, but unless someone actually tries it's still only a theory and this specific theory being the basis for such a big thing might be wrong. Also, because it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, it is reasonable to expect that nothing will change in your attitude towards it in the future. "The ship has sailed" as they say.

Hope I articulated my opinion well enough, I'm pretty sure I've managed to stick to facts.
    • Draxard is indeed a beast!
      Wouldn't have ever predicted unique characters in back-to-back sets, but suspect we'll see Mordrom too for the trinity of blue necrotic...
      He is exactly my style for PvE, teaming up with Underworld Officer - top of my shopping list so far. 8)

I think having animated cards in standard packs is very nifty, especially without introducing a new 'chase' rarity i.e. only 1 in 10 copies being animated.
      The psychedelic entity style obviously works very well, but I think subtle animations would also work on key unique troops & momentous actions e.g. if Lixil, Heartsworn had glowing eyes or Herofall had blood splatter - just to mark that those particular cards are Kind Of A Big Deal.
      Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    • Thanks for the kind words @HEXCoryJones! I know you stopped reading early but I think reading my last post would cheer you up!
      I was really happy to see that you guys are making things right with @Funktion. The idea of the Rock tournament is very good, but not including him in the mix felt like a sore point. I know he has an endless supply of great ideas so I am confident that whatever we'll see happening in a month or so, it is going to be great!

Excellent Friday update, fantastic spoiler, keep up the good work!
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Great update !

The only part I will talk is the animated cards

I thinks it's an excellent idea and especially that it was done just for the entity

If I were hex, I would in future card sets also introduce animated cards but not in all of them. A little bit like foils are done in other card games. Get one like 1 out of 10 or 20 to increase its value and create a wow. But I will say again, doing it with the entity was an excellent idea since the art is really made for thst. Great job

Also keep it up with all those great tournaments and never forget that if you want to increase the player base you need to offer a more flexible and a more linear offering . Being able to trade offers a great advantage but also comes st a disadvantage of not being able to offer tons of stuff for free .

Keep up the great work.
    • Portensio wrote:

Great update !

The only part I will talk is the animated cards

I thinks it's an excellent idea and especially that it was done just for the entity

If I were hex, I would in future card sets also introduce animated cards but not in all of them. A little bit like foils are done in other card games. Get one like 1 out of 10 or 20 to increase its value and create a wow. But I will say again, doing it with the entity was an excellent idea since the art is really made for thst. Great job

Also keep it up with all those great tournaments and never forget that if you want to increase the player base you need to offer a more flexible and a more linear offering . Being able to trade offers a great advantage but also comes st a disadvantage of not being able to offer tons of stuff for free .

Keep up the great work.
      Having standard animated cards is a really cool way to hint players about which cards are the most relevant to the story. I really hope they start using them to highly the key story characters and events in a set.
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Don't you mean "after" the CCS? Like you said, there's no point releasing a new set on the 6th (because it's unheard of that we'd get only a week of spoiler and a release on the 30th) when the CCS is 5 days later because people will do as you described: They will (rightfuly) complain that there's 0 prep time.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Don't you mean "after" the CCS? Like you said, there's no point releasing a new set on the 6th (because it's unheard of that we'd get only a week of spoiler and a release on the 30th) when the CCS is 5 days later because people will do as you described: They will (rightfuly) complain that there's 0 prep time.
      Yeah but I like when the CCS defines meta decks...
    • I might be in the minority but i would have kinda preferred if the entity cards had normal art and there was a low chance they would be animated. Kinda sorta like foils but not really if you get what i mean.

Love them either way but that would have been just the cherry on top for me.
      Stay awesome captain my captain.
    • Cory said that they hired someone to exclusively work on animated cards.

I believe that if possible, having some cards on every set being "animated" (like foils, not all of them, but 1 every 100 for example) would be a nice addition to the game. Making all the uncommons and commons animated just for the sake of making them chase-cards might be too much, but having a number of them might be nice.

(I say this because I dont know how long does it takes to make an AAA card, maybe is too much, maybe not.)
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Wolzarg wrote:

I might be in the minority but i would have kinda preferred if the entity cards had normal art and there was a low chance they would be animated. Kinda sorta like foils but not really if you get what i mean.

I absolutely love that they are all animated. We definitely don't need another added rarity level to create collector angst.
    • Ertzi wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

I might be in the minority but i would have kinda preferred if the entity cards had normal art and there was a low chance they would be animated. Kinda sorta like foils but not really if you get what i mean.

I absolutely love that they are all animated. We definitely don't need another added rarity level to create collector angst.
      If everything is special, nothing is.
      Animating these cards won't raise their usage/ collection value/ uniqueness/ price at all.