Help with GA(Numbers) Mercenary

• Help with GA(Numbers) Mercenary

Does anyone have any tips for using him? I know getting his charge power up and running ASAP is key (Because without armor, he's basically waiting to die). But without being able to gain health, that 8 health becomes a problem REAL quick. I've eked out a few wins with him on fairly easy battles, but the moment anything difficult comes up, he gets steamrolled long before I can toughen him up enough to be competitive.

Also, sorry about the name. Couldn't remember the exact one.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • G24A-19 is indeed a challenging mercenary to make work, he lives or dies by his armor gain, yet there are so few cards that can support that theme. I haven't played with him a lot, but I'd build a Diamond/Wild spirits deck around the Ghost Sentinel gloves equip (You have 1 armor for each spirit you control). I'Ve thrown together this list:

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=59dc9f4a7c6adc10b32d9622ec1f8949

I think it could work but don't expect wonders. You have some defensive tools and an eventual win with 1-2 activation of your charge power when you have huge armor.

Edit: Resource base certainly needs refinement, you have to decide if the splash for 4 lullaby is even worth it, if yes, fewer wild shard some well of life could be the way to go. Another route is to trim the spirits, to make room for a few howling braves and chlorophylia (sadly without the head equipment as you need the +2 ATK on spirit of retributions) for some ramp to get to your sentinels earlier.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Approxiam ().

• Approxiam wrote:

G24A-19 is indeed a challenging mercenary to make work, he lives or dies by his armor gain, yet there are so few cards that can support that theme. I haven't played with him a lot, but I'd build a Diamond/Wild spirits deck around the Ghost Sentinel gloves equip (You have 1 armor for each spirit you control). I'Ve thrown together this list:

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=59dc9f4a7c6adc10b32d9622ec1f8949

I think it could work but don't expect wonders. You have some defensive tools and an eventual win with 1-2 activation of your charge power when you have huge armor.

Edit: Resource base certainly needs refinement, you have to decide if the splash for 4 lullaby is even worth it, if yes, fewer wild shard some well of life could be the way to go. Another route is to trim the spirits, to make room for a few howling braves and chlorophylia (sadly without the head equipment as you need the +2 ATK on spirit of retributions) for some ramp to get to your sentinels earlier.
      Much obliged! I'll give that a try. I've been using Charge Bots early on to try and survive the initial two rounds with harder opponents (Toss a charge bot out, and then chump him in defense), but I was still struggling against vicious opponents.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SaintVicarious ().

• You are welcome!

In the meantime I realized, that Lullaby is a quick action and thus cannot be included in the deck, opening up the space for mono diamond. During the weekend I'll take this idea for a few runs, and see if it works at all, if I find any sweet interactions I'll post them here.