Set 8: Dead of Winter Spoiler Thread

• AnomalyCobra wrote:

HEX's love for wild cards never ceases to amaze me. That card is so stupid... a 7 body on a 5 cost permanent pheromones troop. If that wasn't good enough how about crush and gladiator 2 for every troop that blocks it?

Nah that isn't good enough, please buff this before release /S
      don't worry they'll make it 6 cost and make it a 3/6 rendering it bulk bin mythic status
    • Wolzarg wrote:

PlatinumDeTwenty wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

Umm, you guys realize it's just Mokog doing the little prize thingy, right? He's not speaking for HXE and he's offering his own pack. I'd say he's free to do that in any way he likes. Just pointing it out.

Speaking of Twitter:

twitter.com/HexTCG/status/927226507029827587

Thats going in budget terrormill for sure.
      Why? The card is absolutely terrible as is, mind you equipments could boost it considerably be the base card is horrid.
      Yeah, I've been very unimpressed with the PvE cards spoiled so far. They all seem very weak. Let's hope there's some good equipment to save them
    • Steric wrote:

AnomalyCobra wrote:

HEX's love for wild cards never ceases to amaze me. That card is so stupid... a 7 body on a 5 cost permanent pheromones troop.
      Yeah, this card looks absolutely insane. Removal-light troop-based mirrors are likely going to be completely decided by this monster.
      Basically makes all of your other troops unblockable while also devastating the opponent's board when it attacks.
      needs speed Kappa.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Why? The card is absolutely terrible as is, mind you equipments could boost it considerably be the base card is horrid.
      I wouldn't call it horrid, you might have been spoiled by some really good and efficient mill. I'm looking forward to seeing the equipment to see how it'll play out in higher end decks but it's pretty strong as is for a budget terrormill deck.
      Budget terrormill can't run chronic madness and depending on the player might not be able to afford a playset of cult of the nameless city. This synergies well with fever bloom and spiralling end and fills that gap with some automatic burying potential, and considering the current AI lineup of the FRA, the health or damage can be pretty important in staying alive long enough to mill a terrorantula egg.

Like I said, its a good option for budget terrormill. if you can afford one of the better options go for it, but being PVE it will probably be easily obtainable (unless its chest loot in which case forget everything I've said its trash)
    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

HEX's love for wild cards never ceases to amaze me. That card is so stupid... a 7 body on a 5 cost permanent pheromones troop. If that wasn't good enough how about crush and gladiator 2 for every troop that blocks it?

Nah that isn't good enough, please buff this before release /S
      Might as well give it speed, so you don't have to wait to turn it sideways.
      If that still isn't good enough, give it a way to draw some cards.
      While we're at it lets just slap some spell-shield and invincible on it too.
    • Dont quite get the hate for Xentoth's Missionary. I will take any four copies straight up if people don't want them.
      Surely it fits ok with Nazakh Lookout? I guess it essentially runs at quarter speed (assuming two cards played per turn per player) to nazakh in terms of bury, but on any PvE stalled boards this guy will gain you health or drain the opposing Champ's health. Sure, there are far more efficient decks and bury, but I'm going to enjoy playing this poor guy.
      And, as has been stated, in Budget mill, this will hopefully be an accessible card for PvE/f2p players. Definitely interested to see his equip.
    • PlatinumDeTwenty wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

I wouldn't call it horrid, you might have been spoiled by some really good and efficient mill. I'm looking forward to seeing the equipment to see how it'll play out in higher end decks but it's pretty strong as is for a budget terrormill deck.Budget terrormill can't run chronic madness and depending on the player might not be able to afford a playset of cult of the nameless city. This synergies well with fever bloom and spiralling end and fills that gap with some automatic burying potential, and considering the current AI lineup of the FRA, the health or damage can be pretty important in staying alive long enough to mill a terrorantula egg.

Like I said, its a good option for budget terrormill. if you can afford one of the better options go for it, but being PVE it will probably be easily obtainable (unless its chest loot in which case forget everything I've said its trash)
      Also while it might not be the best in FRA terrormill it being a cheap milling cleric isn't irrelevant for campaign decks.
    • The problem with that PvE card is that the PvE mill we have is so absurd that they'd practically have to print a card with the text 'Put every card in your opponent's deck in the crypt. They draw a card' for it to compete with things like Lookout, Spiralling End, etc..

They just way overdid it with PvE mill too quickly, and now they can't compete when releasing new cards lol
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

The problem with that PvE card is that the PvE mill we have is so absurd that they'd practically have to print a card with the text 'Put every card in your opponent's deck in the crypt. They draw a card' for it to compete with things like Lookout, Spiralling End, etc..

They just way overdid it with PvE mill too quickly, and now they can't compete when releasing new cards lol
      Mill sort of has to be overwhelming in power to have any sort of chance since the 'life total' mill has to burn through is around doubleish... They just put the best stuff in as PVE only because losing to mill makes people super extra salty. Like how for some reason counters seem to bother people more then removal. When you keep a person from playing their cards the Nerd Rage grows fierce. If you kill it they at least got to play it.
    • VargrBoartusk wrote:

Mill sort of has to be overwhelming in power to have any sort of chance since the 'life total' mill has to burn through is around doubleish... They just put the best stuff in as PVE only because losing to mill makes people super extra salty. Like how for some reason counters seem to bother people more then removal. When you keep a person from playing their cards the Nerd Rage grows fierce. If you kill it they at least got to play it.
      What I'm saying is that they made the 'best stuff' so strong that I doubt the optimized versions of the 'terrormill' deck will get a new card for an EXTREMELY long time... and will likely always be t1 for arena.

And that's why people find the mill pve card so underwhelming. If we didn't have lookout, whispers, spiraling end, chronic madness, etc.... that card would be a strong card. But we do, and thus it's very hard for a new card to compete without just being so absurdly strong that Hex would have to be stupid to design it ;)

For PVP mill, there's still definitely room(room I personally hope isn't explored but that's just me)... but for PvE, I think they've gone past the ceiling of what is reasonable and now anything that comes out is going t5o feel underwhelming for pve.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

And that's why people find the mill pve card so underwhelming. If we didn't have lookout, whispers, spiraling end, chronic madness, etc.... that card would be a strong card.
      For what it's worth, I think at least one of those cards is due for a nerf and soon. possibly even phentao's gift itself. which if true might give life to some other mill options.

I'd like to take a guess on Xentoth's missionary's equipment though: Your Xentoth's missionaries instead have "Whenever a troop is buried, gain 2 health, otherwise each opposing champion loses 2 health"
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

I am very happy we are seeing cards that are not escalating in power level. I think in the long run it is very good for the game.
      Unfortunately it isn't, for PvE. In PvP, you can print (as an example) Massacre as an Extinction replacement and it works because Extinction doesn't exist for Standard now; it's Massacre or something more expensive. For PvE, there's no rotation, so if they don't gradually increase power levels, or do the same things in new ways, all that happens is the game falls stagnant and nobody wants to acquire new cards because there's no point. This card is just a bad Nazhk Lookout, and since you can guaranteed acquire 4 Lookouts in like a couple hours of gameplay (depending on the quality of your low level character Vennen deck), it's not very exciting. If its equipment changes the gain 2 health/deal 2 damage clause to activate for every card milled instead of just the one from the Missionary's start of turn ability, that's different enough that it'll see play, but without a serious power upgrade like that it's just not useful.
    • Zurai wrote:

For PvE, there's no rotation, so if they don't gradually increase power levels, or do the same things in new ways, all that happens is the game falls stagnant and nobody wants to acquire new cards because there's no point.
      This is one of many reasons that PVE probably requires a significant rethink before they invest too many more resources into it.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Umm, you guys realize it's just Mokog doing the little prize thingy, right? He's not speaking for HXE and he's offering his own pack. I'd say he's free to do that in any way he likes. Just pointing it out.
      Actually it's my packs/spoilers, just thought it'd be more fun to fragment/trickle it out in a varied way.
      Speaking of: Spoiler Contest 06-08 November
      [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/JPUm6bD.png]