Do or Don't? - Informing PS4 players

    • Reeplay wrote:

      I asked on a dev stream about it and apparently it just isn't a thing they can do at launch, eventually they want to extend the quick buy/list to work in the kismets well so they can do it with packs but at launch it won't be an option (I asked this when we had the original date so it's possible with the extra time since then this may have changed but as of right now that is the most recent information I know).
      This would make me seriously doubt whether the person talking was serious or trolling, but given who Reeplay is I'll have to assume he's telling the truth. Source would still be appreciated, though.

      Sounds like a surefire way to sink the PS4 ship before it even sets sail. Knowing that the Hex devs are not buffons, I'll assume it was only due to time that they somehow had managed to make cards / other things tradeable and not packs and will therefore be remedied within the first month after release.

      Cernz wrote:

      was there any marketing activity except of the release information (mail) from sony?

      I am just curious.
      List of Hex: Card Clash (PS4 version) related links.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Vroengard ().

    • Hence why the first two entries are the email to users and the official PS4 blog. But that's a discussion for THAT thread and it's not even gonna get populated with prior to release only. If there's people still playing until the weekend, after finding out you, apparently, can't buy packs from the AH, I assume we'll see more then.
    • Utremeld wrote:

      I'm more concerned about the consequences of not giving people the information to make the best investment of their money. If you don't tell them then they put money in the PS4 client that can't trade over and WHEN they find out about the PC (not if) you will lose that player as they realize they've been putting money into a locked off inferior product version. That's not good for anyone, more information is good and if it hurts HexEnt to not lie then HexEnt should never have put people in that position.


      Do you allways tell people where to spend their money? and how to invest it? What qualifys you to tell them about investing and spending? How do you know its a bad product when you havn't played it?
    • Negotiator wrote:

      Utremeld wrote:

      I'm more concerned about the consequences of not giving people the information to make the best investment of their money. If you don't tell them then they put money in the PS4 client that can't trade over and WHEN they find out about the PC (not if) you will lose that player as they realize they've been putting money into a locked off inferior product version. That's not good for anyone, more information is good and if it hurts HexEnt to not lie then HexEnt should never have put people in that position.
      Do you allways tell people where to spend their money? and how to invest it? What qualifys you to tell them about investing and spending? How do you know its a bad product when you havn't played it?
      I'm qualified because I have eyes and aren't insecure and defensive enough to make your post.
    • Negotiator wrote:

      Do you allways tell people where to spend their money? and how to invest it? What qualifys you to tell them about investing and spending? How do you know its a bad product when you havn't played it?
      What do YOU do when people ask in forums/reddit/steam about budget decks, which cards to buy and how to farm Gold? Ignore them?

      We don't have to be economists to write guides and provide answers.
    • Utremeld wrote:

      Negotiator wrote:

      Utremeld wrote:

      I'm more concerned about the consequences of not giving people the information to make the best investment of their money. If you don't tell them then they put money in the PS4 client that can't trade over and WHEN they find out about the PC (not if) you will lose that player as they realize they've been putting money into a locked off inferior product version. That's not good for anyone, more information is good and if it hurts HexEnt to not lie then HexEnt should never have put people in that position.
      Do you allways tell people where to spend their money? and how to invest it? What qualifys you to tell them about investing and spending? How do you know its a bad product when you havn't played it?
      I'm qualified because I have eyes and aren't insecure and defensive enough to make your post.


      People can make their own decision they don't need a fincial advice. You try and take away from the game and claim your helping players. All your trying to do is destroy the game. If you don't like the game go play something else.
    • my most important and simple point is if your playing a game do not try to influence people away from spending money.

      The reason why is simple to understand. If the game company makes money it benifits you. it lets the game company offer more updates faster. and better content.


      If your not playing a game why do you want to write bad reveiws trying to keep players from playing it. You help no one doing that and you gain nothing but waisting your time. Most players I've seen who do write bad reveiws on games did not even play them for more then a hour. And if you are not playing the ps4 version you have no way you can right anything bad about it cause you have never played it.
    • Negotiator wrote:

      my most important and simple point is if your playing a game do not try to influence people away from spending money.

      The reason why is simple to understand. If the game company makes money it benifits you. it lets the game company offer more updates faster. and better content.


      If your not playing a game why do you want to write bad reveiws trying to keep players from playing it. You help no one doing that and you gain nothing but waisting your time. Most players I've seen who do write bad reveiws on games did not even play them for more then a hour. And if you are not playing the ps4 version you have no way you can right anything bad about it cause you have never played it.
      I disagree with this, and it gets to the heart of a thread from a few weeks ago. I'll happily advocate for people spending money on a game that I'm enjoying and that I feel has a positive future. On the flip side, I also feel compelled to offer information and advice on a game that I have spent money on that i don't see heading in a positive or healthy direction. The reason is because players (AND DEVELOPERS) need to have a honest feedback about what the playerbase thinks. I don't claim to be the entire playerbase, or even the majority. But as a paying customer since KS, I do have enough perspective to speak for myself and to let others take it or leave it as they see fit.

      In that vein, I fully support informing PS4 players of the factual differences between clients so that they understand the full scope of what this game currently offers, and could offer. I believe consumers should have an honest idea of the big picture they are stepping into when purchasing a product or service.

      In a previous thread i discussed this very thing. In industry it's referred to as a Net Promoter score, and businesses use it to essentially gauge how popular they are. Without going to far into boring details, from my non-biased and emotionally tinged view, Hex's Net Promoter score has plummeted as of late. Too many delays, too many missed opportunities, too many questionable business decisions and an increasingly toxic communication and relations policy. I have dropped from a promoter of this game to neutral and am trending towards a detractor. In practical terms, I've stopped spending money. I'm voting with my wallet AND my feedback about the kind of game that I want Hex to be. And I strongly support people understanding the differences between clients because I believe the PS4 version does a disservice to the game, and in my opinion, the game won't survive another mountain of negativity from people feeling duped or mislead.

      I want to continue investing in and enjoying this game for a long time. But I have serious concerns now about the direction it is heading and thus it's long-term viability.
    • Negotiator wrote:

      People can make their own decision they don't need a fincial advice. You try and take away from the game and claim your helping players. All your trying to do is destroy the game. If you don't like the game go play something else.

      They can make their decisions and I can give them information to make better ones, you can't prevent me from doing it and I find even the suggestion to not provide accurate information to make the most informed choice with someone's purchasing offensive and immoral. Similarly offensive but less immoral and more just a tragic and hilarious misunderstanding of how anything works - you don't dictate my play habits, you can't read my mind, and you can't tell me what I do or don't intend. I would quit while you're ahead.

      Negotiator wrote:

      my most important and simple point is if your playing a game do not try to influence people away from spending money.

      The reason why is simple to understand. If the game company makes money it benifits you. it lets the game company offer more updates faster. and better content.


      If your not playing a game why do you want to write bad reveiws trying to keep players from playing it. You help no one doing that and you gain nothing but waisting your time. Most players I've seen who do write bad reveiws on games did not even play them for more then a hour. And if you are not playing the ps4 version you have no way you can right anything bad about it cause you have never played it.

      Protip: You can edit a post instead of making a new one.
      Protip2: Install Grammarly, it'll fix all these typos for you.

      Those bits of free advice aside, Steam tells me I have 950 hours and I know I have more because I played during the alpha and beta and pre-Steam period so please elaborate how I don't play the game and then feel free to continue from there about my "bad reveiws" and how I'm "waisting" my time giving people information I believe is critical to their spending on Hex. If you have to withhold information to keep a paying player then that is morally repugnant and I want ZERO to do with it and I will not allow it to happen under the reach of my influence, that may seem like a waste of time to you but I could not imagine a scenario in which I cared about your opinion on the subject.

      I don't know if you were around (probably not) but this is the same as the Euro spending we could do before where you could get more platinum if you used a different currency (also this is how an edit works, if you didn't know.) Your argument seems to be to NOT tell people that spending USD is worse because Hex should just get their money even though Hex is not telling them that they are getting a worse deal and YOU are not telling them they could get a better one. That is completely unacceptable to me, players and people in general should do what they can to help everyone get the most for their money. Sorry you don't like it.

      If you want to omit information or lie to people so they spend more money on a video game then you go right-a-diddly-god-damn-do ahead. I won't be joining you. Deal with it.

    • Utremeld wrote:

      Negotiator wrote:

      People can make their own decision they don't need a fincial advice. You try and take away from the game and claim your helping players. All your trying to do is destroy the game. If you don't like the game go play something else.
      They can make their decisions and I can give them information to make better ones, you can't prevent me from doing it and I find even the suggestion to not provide accurate information to make the most informed choice with someone's purchasing offensive and immoral. Similarly offensive but less immoral and more just a tragic and hilarious misunderstanding of how anything works - you don't dictate my play habits, you can't read my mind, and you can't tell me what I do or don't intend. I would quit while you're ahead.

      Negotiator wrote:

      my most important and simple point is if your playing a game do not try to influence people away from spending money.

      The reason why is simple to understand. If the game company makes money it benifits you. it lets the game company offer more updates faster. and better content.


      If your not playing a game why do you want to write bad reveiws trying to keep players from playing it. You help no one doing that and you gain nothing but waisting your time. Most players I've seen who do write bad reveiws on games did not even play them for more then a hour. And if you are not playing the ps4 version you have no way you can right anything bad about it cause you have never played it.
      Protip: You can edit a post instead of making a new one.
      Protip2: Install Grammarly, it'll fix all these typos for you.

      Those bits of free advice aside, Steam tells me I have 950 hours and I know I have more because I played during the alpha and beta and pre-Steam period so please elaborate how I don't play the game and then feel free to continue from there about my "bad reveiws" and how I'm "waisting" my time giving people information I believe is critical to their spending on Hex. If you have to withhold information to keep a paying player then that is morally repugnant and I want ZERO to do with it and I will not allow it to happen under the reach of my influence, that may seem like a waste of time to you but I could not imagine a scenario in which I cared about your opinion on the subject.

      I don't know if you were around (probably not) but this is the same as the Euro spending we could do before where you could get more platinum if you used a different currency (also this is how an edit works, if you didn't know.) Your argument seems to be to NOT tell people that spending USD is worse because Hex should just get their money even though Hex is not telling them that they are getting a worse deal and YOU are not telling them they could get a better one. That is completely unacceptable to me, players and people in general should do what they can to help everyone get the most for their money. Sorry you don't like it.

      If you want to omit information or lie to people so they spend more money on a video game then you go right-a-diddly-god-damn-do ahead. I won't be joining you. Deal with it.


      Its not lying or anything. like you say. Your dwindling on the past which i remember very well. yes you could buy platinum cheaper. It's simple really lets say your buying a item. This item you are buying you found a really great deal on. Lets say the item is like a car and its worthe 10x what your paying thru this deal. According to what your saying you would go tell everyone to go buy it for that price rather then pay normal 10x. Even if there was massive amounts of that item available soon you would find yourself with a item you thought you got cheap. Now worthe 10x less because you told everyone.


      BTW you said steam says you have 950 hours. Your still kind of new to the game, maybe after another 500 hour more hours you will understand. I've got 1539 hours according to steam and played a long time with non steam client. I also have not had to spend any of this money you speak of for long time on the game.

      When i started playing i put like $150 or less into the game. and now i have over 150k p card value. No other $$$ was needed. and i do not pve. I win evolving and profit heavily.