Friday Update! 10.13.17

• Friday Update! 10.13.17

Its Friday the 13TH!!! my favorite Friday of the ENTIRE year! I mean what OTHER Friday has an entire film franchise named after it?!?! Sure FREAKY Friday is OK... but there is BARELY any blood and dismemberment in THAT movie... I mean there is a little... I think, right?... the Lindsay Lohan version she kills some kids in a satanic ritual to try and reverse the effect? or am I think of a different movie???

Well its Friday and that can mean only one thing... JOURNEY INTO THE DARK ARTS FRIDAY!!! yes every Friday at HEX HQ we take a journey into the realms of the DARK ARTS!! and LO FOR WHENCE SHALL WE JOURNEY... TIS' the art of PALM READING! truly one of the darkest arts of all! ...let us peer into the palm of the one known as JARED! and see what cosmic paths his life shall follow!

hmmmm... Clearly Jared has TOO MUCH Blueberry Jam for his Toast line, so frustrating to finish your delicious crispy toast and still have so much Blueberry Jam leftover! Moving on we see... Jared's Erotic Dancing line is MUCH long than his Tips Line, again a lesson in frustration for Jared... maybe he can MAKE HIS OWN DESTINY and use some of the leftover Jelly in his Erotic Dancing act to get those tips up!! sometime you have to take fate by the horns and master the moment!

WOW! that was terrifying, Jared has one heck of a hand... (just the one, the other palm was super smooth, no lines at all, not sure why)

Now on to the UPDATE of an Update that you received on a Friday!

Speaking of the dark arts... the Kismet Draft has CAST a spell on me... shit I am draft WHILE I write this... RIGHT NOW! look here is the draft so far!

SOOO MUCH FUN!!!! actually after I posted this I played ****** and... WON! (I have starred out the name to protect the innocent... it starts with an S)

ok ok... back to this update to an update... so hard to pull my self away...

First up on the update is the... KISMETS DRAFT! ohhh nooo.... ok one more quick game....

This time against W/D and the turn 3 Hero of Legend both games did me in! :( I LOST! so frustrating! Oil Well as they say in Texas!

I am absolute loving KISMET DRAFT I think its a ton of fun, and I am so happy we added this to the game...
      I thought THIS write up was pretty cool over at HEX PRIMAL but I will say its so wide open I have seen the craziest decks work!
      Heck the deck I drafted above was inspired by a thread on the forum bitching about Shoku's Garden (one of my favorite cards)

I hope everyone is having fun, I did want to give a heads up that there is a bug with 3 of the animated Kismet Draft sleeves.. you actually haven't seen the full animation (Paragon, Yeti and Kismet)
      they look EVEN BETTER!!!!

speaking of looking even BETTER...

How about a sneak a peek at some odd ball art for set 8!

For this week we explore the legend of the NOX... of Scorpinox fame!

first up a CHAMPION!!!

This is VENOMA of the NOX

then we have a couple of servants of NOX

the NOX ZEALOT!

and the NOX ANIMIST...

and WAIT FOR IT....

KING NOX himself a LEGENDARY card in set 8!...

(no picture), no seriously you'll have to wait for it!
      hahahahaha....

back to the Update...
      As we discussed last week, the boat battle board is coming up...

BUT in infinitlly more interesting news, we have the HAUNTED HARVEST coming!
      This year we have some young Entrath trick or treaters! look at these cute kids... the kid in the yeti outfit needs to lay off the sweets, it may be a high fantasy world but childhood obesity is no way to spend your youth... Diabetes can be just as deadly as any dragon! To be clear Lord Diabetes is an evil warlock in the world of HEX that makes kids fat, then eats the feet of these chubby children, and only the protection of Lipitor Champion of the Lesterols... can save these youngsters... uh... sorry I had a mini-stroke

Anyway I love Halloween, its BY FAR my favorite holiday, and these cards are straight up RAD... the Jack-o-Lanterns on the Cultivator are so cool, got to get my play-set!

Next up is the VAMPIRE FAMILY, yes we did a Kismet pack focused on our favorite vampire family... you know, the one in our game. (I guess we never named these guys)
      the cards look great, quick story we actually re-booked half of this art as the first round didn't exactly capture what we where looking for, thats the kind of commitment Tyler and I have to making sure the art is as amazing as possible in HEX. I really love the way the Royal Bloodline card turned out, look little vampire princess even has her silly hat on! I was going to put a joke in right here about posing for the Enthralling Gaze card.. and how "the dress was a tight fit and yet I made it work"... but it seemed lazy

anyway, we have the HEX PRIMAL IMMORTAL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES coming up and MAN it looks awesome! Holy Hell an AA RUNE EAR! yes please!

well that's it for this week, I love you all... but I need to get back to my last match with this deck...

-cory
    • Another new race! WOW! That was a totally under the belt punch. A nice punch though. The kind of punch where you say "hit me again, thank you" :P Wonder how they tie with the lore...? EVERYTHING these days seems so wonderful in HEX. We have a lot of new stuff coming and all these right before the new set. We'll done everyone! Keep up the good work! And now we can whine for AZ3.... :P
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • The vampire cards are a slam dunk! Hopefully we get a good round of diamond or wild pve goodness in an upcoming rotation :)

Keep up the good work, Kismet drafts made me play a ton more drfats than what I usually do... another dunk!

Lets break that scoreboard in half. The opposing team haven’t seen anything yet!

The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

This year we have some young Entrath trick or treaters! look at these cute kids... the kid in the yeti outfit needs to lay off the sweets, it may be a high fantasy world but childhood obesity is no way to spend your youth... Diabetes can be just as deadly as any dragon! To be clear Lord Diabetes is an evil warlock in the world of HEX that makes kids fat, then eats the feet of these chubby children, and only the protection of Lipitor Champion of the Lesterols... can save these youngsters... uh... sorry I had a mini-stroke
      I fkn lol'd

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • Gregangel wrote:

Kaijudums wrote:

That art is fucking spectacular. Wow.

Is the 17th still a firm date for the Card Clash release, Cory? Any ideas on what the community can do to help promote the launch?
      Something weird with Hex Card Clash, 2 day before the release we still did not get a live demo of the new client !!!
      i am more worried about next set release date. Are we going to play next CCS without rotation? Where is my spoiler season HexEnt?!
    • Having half a ladder season in each set would also be something I'd like not to have. If that was the case I would most likely stop playing the ladder until set 8 hits.
      Well, maybe we'll get someting like at the transition from set 4 to 5 then, where you got an additional set 5 pack for each set 4 pack you earned.
    • Hevka wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

Kaijudums wrote:

That art is fucking spectacular. Wow.

Is the 17th still a firm date for the Card Clash release, Cory? Any ideas on what the community can do to help promote the launch?
      Something weird with Hex Card Clash, 2 day before the release we still did not get a live demo of the new client !!!
      i am more worried about next set release date. Are we going to play next CCS without rotation? Where is my spoiler season HexEnt?!
      I expect it is very likely that the next CCS will be pre-rotation. They've said they're aiming for set releases every 4-5 months and it looks like we're slipping past the 4 month mark and approaching the 5-month mark.